Proposal: Dallas-Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Is Jakub Lauko a top 6 can't miss prospect? Otherwise, I can't fathom some of these comments as if Pavelski isn't easily worth a late 1st and Jakub 'inconsistent' Debrusk.

no his ceiling is a middle 6 high octane forward in the same category as a michael grabner type with a little more edge to his game. But he profiles as a 3rd line guy if it pans out

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
This has to be the most lopsided proposal I’ve yet encountered. I’ve heard of hometown inflation ... but wow.

Edit: just realized most of your recent activity has been in Boston topics. Don’t know why you value JP so highly / your own assets so lowly. Dallas would be fleecing you there — even if JP weren’t on the wrong side of 30.

Do you think pavelski is not really good?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Do you think pavelski is not really good?
He’s a good player with a few more years left. Who knows how many of them will be good. For that reason alone I’d hesitate to trade for him — unless at a steep discount — regardless of his recent performance (which is backward looking).

But different “managers” (if we can call ourselves that for the sake of argument) have different valuation schemes and priorities. As a rule of thumb, I start applying a discount to players once they hit 30, a moderate discount at 32 and a heavy discount at 34.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He’s a good player with a few more years left. Who knows how many of them will be good. For that reason alone I’d hesitate to trade for him — unless at a steep discount — regardless of his recent performance (which is backward looking).

But different “managers” (if we can call ourselves that for the sake of argument) have different valuation schemes and priorities. As a rule of thumb, I start applying a discount to players once they hit 30, a moderate discount at 32 and a heavy discount at 34.

why? What if your plan is to win the cup in the next 2 years before ripping your team to the studs? Still heavily discounting a 34 year old then?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
why? What if your plan is to win the cup in the next 2 years before ripping your team to the studs? Still heavily discounting a 34 year old then?
I just think you’re grossly overpaying and will rue the trade in three years.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Tentative yes from this Stars fan.....I do like DeBrusk, no clue who Lauko is though. Seems like he's doing ok in the AHL so far.

If the Stars keep trending upwards and make a late push then I doubt Pavs gets shopped, but if they start to plummet again I would hope that Jim Nill would fish around for the best possible landing spots.

He's never really been one to hoard draft picks though.....can't remember the last time Dallas traded for a first round pick.

History of NHL trades by the Dallas Stars - NHL Trade Tracker

2004 was the last time Dallas acquired another team's 1st round pick in a trade.

That's insane. :laugh:

As a Bruins fan, Lauko is a sleeper prospects. Got good wheels, hands and is a puck hound at both ends of the ice. Needs time to develop but at worst should be a 4th line energy guy, but I think he ends up more of a 3rd liner that can play 2nd line in emergency.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's been there leading goal scorer since he arrived.
And according to the broadcasting crew I was watching leads them in a few other O categories as well
He didn't lead them in any single category last regular season? 6th goals and 7th in points...

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What is the motivation for Dallas to deal him with this soft offer?

it's not like Pav is a pending UFA and Dallas is still in the hunt for a PO spot

Dallas moves their top point producer and that is telling the team

this season is already over.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

here's the thing,,,,, Pav produced last season and is super producing this season

i see the motivation from Bostons end,,their clock is ticking,that window is closing fast

can someone tell me what Dallas have for a motivation to move him now?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Don't see how this is as much of an overpayment as some people are saying. This is what it would take. Maybe replace DeBrusk with a prospect if it's really that bad but this is about right. Pavelski would make any team better that he goes too and would be one of their best playoff performers.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
He didn't lead them in any single category last regular season? 6th goals and 7th in points...
They put up a list of what he's done since signing in Dallas and where it ratedon the team
1st came up the most of those 5 0r 6 categories shown. And he wasn't
far down the list on those he did not sit atop

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
he is possibly the best guy in the league at tipping shots for goals. He would be an upgrade in Ritchie as the net front on PP1, but that’s not what the Bruins need.

he has 10 even strength points this year which would place him 4th among bruins forwards.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They put up a list of what he's done since signing in Dallas and where it ratedon the team
1st came up the most of those 5 0r 6 categories shown. And he wasn't
far down the list on those he did not sit atop
Dude just look on DB... He hasnt been their "best player since he got there". He was a huge letdown last season but has been great so far this season.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Dude just look on DB... He hasnt been their "best player since he got there". He was a huge letdown last season but has been great so far this season.
Pfft. I know what I saw during the Stars game. Can't see why they'd bother to first produce and then air something that wasn't accurate.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
To be fair almost the entire team was a let down last year during the regular season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Pfft. I know what I saw during the Stars game. Can't see why they'd bother to first produce and then air something that wasn't accurate.
I mean youre debating facts here...

Last season in the regular season he was 6th in goals and 7th in points. How was he their best player?

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I think that's probably more than Boston is willing to pay given Pavelski's age and I'm fine with that because I still have some hope of Dallas turning it around this year and he has been tremendous. That said, I could see DeBrusk helping Dallas if there's a fit otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad