Proposal: Dallas-Boston

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Pavelski was a better forward, is a better forward, hes worth more than you think. Just because a pllayer is 36 doesnt mean hes worth dirt

[MOD] DeBrusk is getting dragged like crazy by his own team nightly on HF but yet some will come to his defense when thrown into a trade proposal like we see here. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The fact you think DeBrusk is equial to a 2nd round pick is horrible. I'm done with this stupidity. No need to respond.

The fact you think hes worth more is insane. Hes not a special player. Hes a middling 15-20 goal scorers value. Yes he scored 27 once. But the 1 goal hes scored the last year drops that down a few pegs. Plus his coach is calling him out on his effort level. Thats not good. Speaks to maybe a character flaw or a coachibility issue. Not saying he cant turn the ship around and score 25 again, but you cant expect his value to reflect some chance of success.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The fact you think hes worth more is insane. Hes not a special player. Hes a middling 15-20 goal scorers value. Yes he scored 27 once. But the 1 goal hes scored the last year drops that down a few pegs. Plus his coach is calling him out on his effort level. Thats not good. Speaks to maybe a character flaw or a coachibility issue. Not saying he cant turn the ship around and score 25 again, but you cant expect his value to reflect some chance of success.

A young Bruin getting called out by his coach, over concerns of his effort?

Gosh, that sounds awfully familiar. :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Josh Anderson, who had worse career numbers and was dealt after a worse season, landed Columbus Max Domi and a 3rd. DeBrusk gets Boston something comparable or better. If I'm dealing DeBrusk, it's to upgrade with a long term forward/defenseman. Not a guy at the end of his career.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Josh Anderson, who had worse career numbers and was dealt after a worse season, landed Columbus Max Domi and a 3rd. DeBrusk gets Boston something comparable or better. If I'm dealing DeBrusk, it's to upgrade with a long term forward/defenseman. Not a guy at the end of his career.

josh anderson isnt the comp. hes a 6-3 power forward who can impact the game in more ways then 1. Debrusk can really only impact the game in 1 way. Hes not 6-3. Hes not a power forward. And who says joe pavelski is at the end of his career. Hes got 24 points in 21 games as a 36 year old. He might play 4 more years at a high level. By all accounts his a fitness nut and an athletic freak of nature

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Anderson was also coming off shoulder surgery

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Pavelski has never finished PPG in his career, he's had a great start but his shooting percentage is twice his career average this season, it's just a hot start. I can't see him having a career year at 36. Anyone giving up a 1st for him is overpaying in my opinion.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Pavelski has never finished PPG in his career, he's had a great start but his shooting percentage is twice his career average this season, it's just a hot start. I can't see him having a career year at 36. Anyone giving up a 1st for him is overpaying in my opinion.

Yes hes never been a PPG player but hes been real close a few times. Id say a 60-75 point player is worthy of a first +. Even at 36 as long as the production hasnt dipped, which it really hasnt

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
They may get a big return but it won’t be a young top 6 forward and a first, on top of a prospect who has potential.
No but I easily predict a 1rst plus a roster player and pick/prospect... there are certain teams who will be all in this year.....cough cough toronto

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No but I easily predict a 1rst plus a roster player and pick/prospect... there are certain teams who will be all in this year.....cough cough toronto

can they afford joe without peeling off a big salary player?

i want boston to look into it obviously. They have the stoutest defense in the league and really need a sure thing to bring in for secondary scoring. Theyve had too many deals for guys that they hope solve it and they never do. Pavelski would solve it without a doubt

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
can they afford joe without peeling off a big salary player?

i want boston to look into it obviously. They have the stoutest defense in the league and really need a sure thing to bring in for secondary scoring. Theyve had too many deals for guys that they hope solve it and they never do. Pavelski would solve it without a doubt
We agree on that

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
This has to be the most lopsided proposal I’ve yet encountered. I’ve heard of hometown inflation ... but wow.

Edit: just realized most of your recent activity has been in Boston topics. Don’t know why you value JP so highly / your own assets so lowly. Dallas would be fleecing you there — even if JP weren’t on the wrong side of 30.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
how is this an overpayment lol

Pavelski at 1.5 years. Not a rental, but not long term so no real danger. He has 24 points in 21 games which is 10 points on any other forward on his team so it’s not like he’s riding shotgun on a hot offence/line.
Because Debrusk is still young and scored better than Pavelski last season

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Is Jakub Lauko a top 6 can't miss prospect? Otherwise, I can't fathom some of these comments as if Pavelski isn't easily worth a late 1st and Jakub 'inconsistent' Debrusk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad