Proposal: Dallas-Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Hey dallas you lost. Are you in sell mode yet or still clinging to the games in hand?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Tentative yes from this Stars fan.....I do like DeBrusk, no clue who Lauko is though. Seems like he's doing ok in the AHL so far.

If the Stars keep trending upwards and make a late push then I doubt Pavs gets shopped, but if they start to plummet again I would hope that Jim Nill would fish around for the best possible landing spots.

He's never really been one to hoard draft picks though.....can't remember the last time Dallas traded for a first round pick.

History of NHL trades by the Dallas Stars - NHL Trade Tracker

2004 was the last time Dallas acquired another team's 1st round pick in a trade.

That's insane. :laugh:
Well that wrong because 2013 (Boston pick) and 2017( Anaheim, which was flipped for chicago) were acquired via trades

Relevant trades, jagr and eaves

Last edited:

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
If Don Sweeney were to make such a trade proposal like this, he would be fired on the spot. To trade for a 36 old man at 7m that makes more then the so call perfection line for not one but three top future picks in a CAP world, we’ll your dreaming.

Side note, Kaberle didn’t get traded for Kessel

To boston
Joe pavelski

to dallas
1st round pick
Jake debrusk
Jakub lauko

Boston needs secondary scoring. Dallas has taken a forward that fell out of favor from boston before and it worked out alright for them. Lauko is a decent throw in that might excel once hes ready but you can sub in any similar prospect at any position.

joe would have to waive which i think he would? Not sure though, not like hes a career star

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If Don Sweeney were to make such a trade proposal like this, he would be fired on the spot. To trade for a 36 old man at 7m that makes more then the so call perfection line for not one but three top future picks in a CAP world, we’ll your dreaming.

Side note, Kaberle didn’t get traded for Kessel

he wouldnt be fired on the spot youre wrong

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
To boston
Joe pavelski

to dallas
1st round pick
Jake debrusk
Jakub lauko

Boston needs secondary scoring. Dallas has taken a forward that fell out of favor from boston before and it worked out alright for them. Lauko is a decent throw in that might excel once hes ready but you can sub in any similar prospect at any position.

joe would have to waive which i think he would? Not sure though, not like hes a career star

a 2nd, maybe, and dallas retains 50%.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I don't really expect this much of a return should he be dealt. Which is fine, I would prefer Dallas keep Pavelski.

He isn’t the player you think he is at this stage of his career. He is an elite puck tipper that isn’t a difference maker anywhere else. He won’t continue to score a PP goal every other game, lol.

FWIW, he's still a really good 200 foot player and contributing even when not scoring goals.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't really expect this much of a return should he be dealt. Which is fine, I would prefer Dallas keep Pavelski.

FWIW, he's still a really good 200 foot player and contributing even when not scoring goals.

Yeah he is a responsible two way guy, but he isn't the guy you think he is just by sorting points on NHL.com which I am afraid is what the OP did.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah he is a responsible two way guy, but he isn't the guy you think he is just by sorting points on NHL.com which I am afraid is what the OP did.
Same can be said by peoples evaluation of a player as they sit in their home office, school or parents basement trying to be a GM.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

i saw the stars playoff run last year joe pavelski was awesome in many games. And most of his goals this year are either from the dot with a one timer on the power play or right on the doorstep. Ill take any type of goals.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
To boston
Joe pavelski

to dallas
1st round pick
Jake debrusk
Jakub lauko

This is a joke right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad