Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
To boston
Joe pavelski

to dallas
1st round pick
Jake debrusk
Jakub lauko

Boston needs secondary scoring. Dallas has taken a forward that fell out of favor from boston before and it worked out alright for them. Lauko is a decent throw in that might excel once hes ready but you can sub in any similar prospect at any position.

joe would have to waive which i think he would? Not sure though, not like hes a career star

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
On HF older players have no value, but I’d imagine a guy like Pavs who is a proven leader and is money in the playoffs would have big value to most GMs. I’m not saying the deal is fair, but I could see something like that with the pick conditional

That being said I don’t see Dallas moving Pavs, they still have time to climb up the standings and will be getting Radulov and Seguin back eventually

Pavelski also has another year on his contract

Reactions: BeastMode and Groo

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
DeBrusk is not bringing back a big return at the moment. The 1st will probably end up in the mid-20s. Lauko doesn't have a notable pedigree.

At ~1.5 years, Pavelski has the perfect term for his age: a team can get a couple playoff runs out of him without the risk of getting stuck with a cap dump on the backside of a commitment a la Marleau. He's off to an outstanding start after a good playoff.

Is he worth all of that given the flat cap and his very restrictive NTC? It's a touch too high in my opinion, but not crazy. He should have value with 24 points in 21 games.

Reactions: LT

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
To boston
Joe pavelski

to dallas
1st round pick
Jake debrusk
Jakub lauko

Boston needs secondary scoring. Dallas has taken a forward that fell out of favor from boston before and it worked out alright for them. Lauko is a decent throw in that might excel once hes ready but you can sub in any similar prospect at any position.

joe would have to waive which i think he would? Not sure though, not like hes a career star

Counter offer:

DeBrusk for Seguin and a 1st

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
how is this an overpayment lol

Pavelski at 1.5 years. Not a rental, but not long term so no real danger. He has 24 points in 21 games which is 10 points on any other forward on his team so it’s not like he’s riding shotgun on a hot offence/line.

Reactions: Satan and Kcb12345

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Obvious trolling. What a garbage overpayment.

Actual Bruins fans laugh this deal right off HFBoards.
Hmmm not so sure... perhaps bruins fan do but joe has been lights out and will bring back a big return which could include a first. Just cause Boston won't doenst mean a team in the East division won't... NYI ?? Philly? Pitt has no 1st to give

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hmmm not so sure... perhaps bruins fan do but joe has been lights out and will bring back a big return which could include a first. Just cause Boston won't doenst mean a team in the East division won't... NYI ?? Philly? Pitt has no 1st to give

They may get a big return but it won’t be a young top 6 forward and a first, on top of a prospect who has potential.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Tentative yes from this Stars fan.....I do like DeBrusk, no clue who Lauko is though. Seems like he's doing ok in the AHL so far.

If the Stars keep trending upwards and make a late push then I doubt Pavs gets shopped, but if they start to plummet again I would hope that Jim Nill would fish around for the best possible landing spots.

He's never really been one to hoard draft picks though.....can't remember the last time Dallas traded for a first round pick.

History of NHL trades by the Dallas Stars - NHL Trade Tracker

2004 was the last time Dallas acquired another team's 1st round pick in a trade.

That's insane. :laugh:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
They may get a big return but it won’t be a young top 6 forward and a first, on top of a prospect who has potential.

ohhhhh thats where the hang up is. I see debrusk as a 3rd line forward and you see him as a potential top line forward. No wonder you hate this deal. Youd probably like it a lot more if you thought debrusk had the value of a 3rd line forward which is likely where his current value sits. Thinking of him as a top line potential forward you probably dont want to move him at all knowing that no one will give back the appropriate value youd probably rather just hang onto him.

and all prospects have potential

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
ohhhhh thats where the hang up is. I see debrusk as a 3rd line forward and you see him as a potential top line forward. No wonder you hate this deal. Youd probably like it a lot more if you thought debrusk had the value of a 3rd line forward which is likely where his current value sits. Thinking of him as a top line potential forward you probably dont want to move him at all knowing that no one will give back the appropriate value youd probably rather just hang onto him.

and all prospects have potential

Your offer sucks. That's where the hang up is. DeBrusk is a top 6 forward. He's having a down year. Bruins fans are just way too reactionary. For one, save me the "I've always seen him as a 3rd line forward" BS I'm sure you'll respond with. I don't know how many 3rd line forwards produce like he has the past two seasons. He had 35 points in 65 games last season; 44 point pace. The previous season he had 42 points in 68 games; 51 point pace. His rookie year he was right on par with 43 points in 70 games. He's 24 years old and has shown, before this year, to be good for 20-30 goals, 40-50 points.

So on top of that, you want to also move a 1st round pick which has value on it's own and then an intriguing prospect off to a hot start in the AHL.

All for a 36-37 year old forward who is not going to be here long.

Reactions: Hookslide

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Your offer sucks. That's where the hang up is. DeBrusk is a top 6 forward. He's having a down year. Bruins fans are just way too reactionary. For one, save me the "I've always seen him as a 3rd line forward" BS I'm sure you'll respond with. I don't know how many 3rd line forwards produce like he has the past two seasons. He had 35 points in 65 games last season; 44 point pace. The previous season he had 42 points in 68 games; 51 point pace. His rookie year he was right on par with 43 points in 70 games. He's 24 years old and has shown, before this year, to be good for 20-30 goals, 40-50 points.

So on top of that, you want to also move a 1st round pick which has value on it's own and then an intriguing prospect off to a hot start in the AHL.

All for a 36-37 year old forward who is not going to be here long.

i saw him as a 2nd line forward a year ago. Over the past year he has played like a 4th line forward/healthy scratch. That puts his value (to me) as a 3rd line forward, which is replaceable

Reactions: Faltorvo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2