Post-Game Talk: Culture beats Hapless Caps, 5-2!

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I hear ya, but it is what it is man. No point at looking a gift-horse in the mouth.

A bonified legit starter was a big need going into the rebuild.

To think we may have found one, on waivers no less, is huge.
And we have Fowler who's killing it with Boston College, plus the Russian guy (Vohlokin? iirc). And Dobes is pretty good in his first AHL season. Quentin Miller. In fact, we may sooner than later have too many guys and it's gonna be complicated for management to get a good look at each of them unless there are multiple injuries *touches wood*.

They need to figure out what they can get for Primeau and Allen because we're gonna need some room. I'd trade them both and bring up Kaskisuo from Laval, let Mann and Dobes share the starts.

Unless Laval really needs Kaskisuo for a play-off run? Last news I had was that he's helped them in their recent good sequence. In this case, the priority is dumping Allen for a 7th and give Primeau a last chance to show he can be a reliable back-up.

It's too bad because Primeau is a nice guy who seems to really like living in Montreal and Quebec in general. He translates some of his insta posts in french, I thought it was pretty cool from him. But he may need a change of scenery if he doesn't take the next step before 2024 training camp.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I did not get to watch the game. Bustslovsky looked great on the recap, but how did we play overall? Was the score indicative of the play or were we hanging on for deal life?

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I was pro Wright and I think seeing how MSL has developed Slaf he would have been great coming to Montreal still. Slafkovsky has been developing great though.

I really liked Struble tonight. I'm glad Gignac got 15 solid minutes.
Just curious, i hear Gignac works hard…do you think this passion can carry over in the NHL, or is he only an AHL player?

Reactions: Price is Wright

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I swear they played 80 minutes on the PP together this season and it's Matheson's 4th pass to Slakovsky on the PP and that goal was a thing of beauty!!! Nevermind the toedrag from the left circle a couple of minutes earlier and the kid is 19.

For all the heat the current scouting staff is getting on this board, I think they might have been right on that 1 OA pick..... and I was upset on draft night
rcbubxQ.gif

Jul 6, 2016
50 points in 50 games !

Will they finish with 80 points in 80 games ?... Maybe if Monty is in goal for 70% of the remaining games. Too bad Dach and Newhook were injured.

80 points would be 12 more points than last season.

If you add another 12-14 points the following season, the Habswill be very close to make the Playoffs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
TSN talking heads were saying how they see Slaf score 20 this season. I don't think it's gonna happen, but there is no question he is day and night from how he was last season. Slaf's da man!

WTH? No Dach, No Monahan, No Gally (lol), No Newhook....NO PROBLEM!
Lol... they are going to pull the same BS they did last season... winning a lot more than they should with an absolutely dreadful lineup.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Xhekaj was given third pair minutes, but did well with them. Picking up an assist and leading the team with a 74%xGF.

It's another good story tonight considering how his last game went.
Can’t be…. MSL hates Arber

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
TSN talking heads were saying how they see Slaf score 20 this season. I don't think it's gonna happen, but there is no question he is day and night from how he was last season. Slaf's da man!
Well it would mean 11 goals in the last 32 games which is 28 goal pace. He has 7 goals in his last 19 games which is 30 goal pace, so it's not that far fetched. If you believe he's still growing and adjusting and that the next 20 games he'll be better then the last 20 then it's easy to see why 20 goals are both within reach and what the aim/hope would be.

He's also got a pretty decent shot at hitting 40 points which would be another pretty big milestone for him.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
And we have Fowler who's killing it with Boston College, plus the Russian guy (Vohlokin? iirc). And Dobes is pretty good in his first AHL season. Quentin Miller. In fact, we may sooner than later have too many guys and it's gonna be complicated for management to get a good look at each of them unless there are multiple injuries *touches wood*.

They need to figure out what they can get for Primeau and Allen because we're gonna need some room. I'd trade them both and bring up Kaskisuo from Laval, let Mann and Dobes share the starts.

Unless Laval really needs Kaskisuo for a play-off run? Last news I had was that he's helped them in their recent good sequence. In this case, the priority is dumping Allen for a 7th and give Primeau a last chance to show he can be a reliable back-up.

It's too bad because Primeau is a nice guy who seems to really like living in Montreal and Quebec in general. He translates some of his insta posts in french, I thought it was pretty cool from him. But he may need a change of scenery if he doesn't take the next step before 2024 training camp.
I think it's not unusual for teams to trade/ not sign/ waive goalies who become starters with other teams. It takes a lot of years for many goalies to find their game, so it happens. And here's Monty.

I'm not ready to yet say he is our starting goalie, but if he keeps it up for the year then maybe so. He is delivering regular quality starts.

Not writing off Primeau. He needs games . He has the ability to be a starter, but not even close on consistency.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
50 points in 50 games !

Will they finish with 80 points in 80 games ?... Maybe if Monty is in goal for 70% of the remaining games. Too bad Dach and Newhook were injured.

80 points would be 12 more points than last season.

If you add another 12-14 points the following season, the Habswill be very close to make the Playoffs.

I hate to sound too Pollyanna here, but this team with Dach, Newhook, and keeping Monahan would be right there for a playoff spot. I mean we are not too far off now…imagine having a very good 2nd line too. oh, and of course, we should be playing Sam more than 1/3 of the games.

Reactions: windycity

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4