Post-Game Talk: Culture beats Hapless Caps, 5-2!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s a shame we didn’t get to see Dach this season, personally I think he has more potential than Suzuki. Atleast offensively, anyways.

If Dach can become a PPG center and Suzuki just a tier below that, but take all the heavy defensive assignments - it’s good enough to contend at a high level with a supporting cast.

Hopefully Dach is healthy next year and he can be that guy, I’m not sure we’re going to draft a C better than Suzuki in the near future.
I think the two of them together with a good cast would be good enough to win. Dach is unproven though and I seriously wonder about injury. But damn he was so impressive. He made CC and Suzuki so much better last year. And he killed it with Slaf in the preseason.

Hopefully he can keep it together. If he were a second Suzuki with size, that’s absolutely good enough up the middle.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That Dach last season and now Slaf this season both found their games once they joined up with our Captain and Caufield should not be lost on anyone.
The cool thing is that Slaf and Dach would be phenomenal together on a second line next year. Add in Newhook, Roy plus whatever we get at the draft. All of a sudden we’re looking pretty good up front. Our backend has tons of prospect depth.

I don’t know how people can’t be excited about where we’re going.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
It’s a shame we didn’t get to see Dach this season, personally I think he has more potential than Suzuki. Atleast offensively, anyways.

If Dach can become a PPG center and Suzuki just a tier below that, but take all the heavy defensive assignments - it’s good enough to contend at a high level with a supporting cast.

Hopefully Dach is healthy next year and he can be that guy, I’m not sure we’re going to draft a C better than Suzuki in the near future.

Suzuki is pacing for 70 now, there's no reason to think he can't get to a PPG as we get better, he's improved his production every year despite the crap teams he's played for. Hell it can be argued this year's team is the worst he's played on and he's having his best year.

All this while doing all the heavy lifting. With no Dach, etc...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Suzuki is pacing for 70 now, there's no reason to think he can't get to a PPG as we get better, he's improved his production every year despite the crap teams he's played for. Hell it can be argued this year's team is the worst he's played on and he's having his best year.

He’s also not competing with anyone for prime minutes or the best wingers.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That Dach last season and now Slaf this season both found their games once they joined up with our Captain and Caufield should not be lost on anyone.

This is why its important to have smart and gifted players. Other smart and gifted players feed on their games and improve their own. Its no coincidence guys like Jagr and Draisaitl completely destroyed their draft projections playing with the very best ever, or that Pittsburgh has developed wingers like Guentzel.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Obviously, but that's kinda the point, they're ain't anyone else to help him.
He’s got two really good wingers and a good offensive blueline. He’s playing with talented players. It’s not like there’s nothing to work with from his perspective.

From a team perspective it’s a disaster because we only have one line. But for the guys playing on that line it’s not bad at all.

Reactions: Gravity

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
as soon as I thought to myself, "Slaf is playing kinda sucky game", Boom, Boom!! The dude pots two!!

Slaf, ma man!!!
He was actually pretty good on both Suzuki's goals. Forced a turnover from behind with his long reach on the first one and picked Ovechkin when Suzuki won the draw on the second. He also did look a bit slow and lumbering on occasion and he missed a wide open Suzuki who was looking for a hat trick in the second while opting for a weak shot. But watching the release on those two bullets no complaints man. Keep shooting Dude. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is why its important to have smart and gifted players. Other smart and gifted players feed on their games and improve their own. Its no coincidence guys like Jagr and Draisaitl completely destroyed their draft projections playing with the very best ever, or that Pittsburgh has developed wingers like Guentzel.
It’s where a superstar really, really helps. Lemieux helped Jagr. Sakic helped Forberg etc… it just makes transition easier when you’ve got a 100 plus point guy feeding you points. We haven’t had that in forever.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
He’s got two really good wingers and a good offensive blueline. He’s playing with talented players. It’s not like there’s nothing to work with from his perspective.

From a team perspective it’s a disaster because we only have one line. But for the guys playing on that line it’s not bad at all.

Not disagreeing he plays with our best players, I'm saying at this moment he is our best player and rightfully get's those matchups.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not disagreeing he plays with our best players, I'm saying at this moment he is our best player and rightfully so get's those matchups.
This season he’s been our best player. I was hoping Caufield would surpass him but that didn’t happen. Hopefully next year CC busts out. A shame his shooting was so off in the first half.

Next year will be interesting. We’ve got a few guys who could break out. Slaf is a prime candidate. Cc hopefully does 40 plus goals and Dach will be back. I don’t think we make the playoffs but I also don’t think we’re bottom five either.

Reactions: Pomee and HabbyGuy

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Well according to natural stattrick Armia played over 4 minutes on the PK compared to Suzuki's 48 seconds.

That's the difference in TOI. Why Suzuki didn't play as much PK idk. Maybe a conscious decision from Marty to give Suzuki a bit more rest?

Considering he's the only legit C we have on our team at the moment, it's wise for MSL not to tax him too much, it's going to be a long end of the season for Nick. He carries this team on his shoulders

This season he’s been our best player. I was hoping Caufield would surpass him but that didn’t happen. Hopefully next year CC busts out. A shame his shooting was so off in the first half.

Next year will be interesting. We’ve got a few guys who could break out. Slaf is a prime candidate. Cc hopefully does 40 plus goals and Dach will be back. I don’t think we make the playoffs but I also don’t think we’re bottom five either.

Yes! We were all excited to see what Dach could do this season, he was primed for his breakout. Such a shame. This team would have far more fun to watch with Kirby.

Ain't worried about Cole a bit. He's a going to be good for a very long time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not disagreeing he plays with our best players, I'm saying at this moment he is our best player and rightfully get's those matchups.
True the thing we tend to forget is there is really no chance we get to exploit other teams weak lines because of our lack of depth.
Marty doesn't play that card like most of the better teams do all the time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Considering he's the only legit C we have on our team at the moment, it's wise for MSL not to tax him too much, it's going to be a long end of the season for Nick. He carries this team on his shoulders

Yes! We were all excited to see what Dach could do this season, he was primed for his breakout. Such a shame.

I find Cole has been great since his wake up call. Not only has his scoring returned his overall play is much better and damn that lob pass tonight was slick.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore

This is so reminiscent of the Koivu years. I can’t believe our only PPG player in the 2000’s has been Kovalev once.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Yes! We were all excited to see what Dach could do this season, he was primed for his breakout. Such a shame. This team would have far more fun to watch with Kirby.

Man for a while I felt certain we got set back a full year in our rebuild with that Dach injury.
Slaf's progress has me rethinking that a bit. If all goes well next season we could be in the conversation for a playoff spot come TDL which is where I thought we would be.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Man for a while I felt certain we got set back a full year in our rebuild with that Dach injury.
Slaf's progress has me rethinking that a bit. If all goes well next season we could be in the conversation for a playoff spot come TDL which is where I thought we would be.

It's crazy when you think about it. My biggest concern with the Dach injury other than his continuing progress was how it was going to affect Slaf. His growth this season has been remarkable.

Pretty much.

But it’s not going to be that way for long.

Yup very reminiscent, but as you say, it's different this time. We're in much better hands this time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1