Post-Game Talk: Culture beats Hapless Caps, 5-2!

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I didn't believe in him at all.. but he keeps adding more and more to his game.

He will eventually get usurped but in today's goaltending landscape, the Habs at least have a competent tandem goalie.
It's weird that Montreal has 3 quality goalies going and I for one would like to see more of Primeau to better gauge what he is. There are some in the system as well that will be worth keeping an eye on. I sure hope that one of the three get moved to give more playing time to whichever ones remain.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Yep! And I'm pretty sure Sylvain Blouin dropped the mits that night too! What a Habs roster!
You bet! What a time that was to be a Habs fan 👇

1707326137299.png

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pearson at this point is simply a body to help ice a roster. He carved himself out a decent career, was part of a Cup champion but he is done. I truly wish him well.

Yeah, I was worried that like Matthew Perreault we'd get nothing for hin at the TDL.

In my books, although he was probably a good role model to the youth, he mainly just took away ice time from the likes of Ylonen, RHP, Heineman, and Roy. At least we got a 3rd for taking on his contract.

Reactions: Tyson

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
There was also Grabovski, McDonagh, price subban, and pacioretty towards the end of his tenure.

Some promising guys will bust in this crop of prospects too. That's just part of it.
Sorry thought you meant that Saku actually played with. Grabovski like the others was out of the NHL within 5-years of Koivu’s exit from Habs.

Price & Halak… only ones he played w that had a special 10+ year NHL career

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You bet! What a time that was to be a Habs fan 👇

View attachment 815946
I stopped watching from about 94-00.

Such a culture shock when I started watching again when Theodore had that insane season. Seeing that Dykhuis-Traverse pairing was wild lol. Perreault was our top scorer with like 51 point or something.

Besides Theodore, Zednik was really the only other bright spot. He was getting like at least a breakaway a game. Top scorer in those playoffs until that McLaren garbage. He was still really good but not quite the same where he looked like he was starting to really breakout.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
My friend
Turns out you've seen that man's only NHL goal ever too lol
Dang it, had to look it up. He assisted on Zubrus’ goal, the only Habs goal that night. So my memory was slightly off. But I remembered his name on the scoresheet at least.

I swear Blouin played that night too but it looks like I’m wrong again.

Don’t believe anything I type.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Sorry thought you meant that Saku actually played with. Grabovski like the others was out of the NHL within 5-years of Koivu’s exit from Habs.

Pacioretty did play with Koivu.

Reactions: salbutera

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, the point is that there were alot of interesting guys in the pipeline back then and there are also a number of intriguing prospects today.

Out of the fraction that "make it", there could be guys with short careers and great peaks, and there could be guys who have their career cut short by injury.

It takes a certain aligning of the stars to hit on a Carey Price kind of career, although he didn't exactly get to choose his exit plan either.

Grabo had a place in this league but he just had physical ailments make the decision on his behalf to exit. Subban and McDonagh were a couple of the better dmen of their time despite differing styles. Pacioretty was one of the best goal scorers of his time.

Making it to the NHL is hard enough, but a player's vitality in the league is always fragile. While there are certain things in your control, only the ones with a great deal of fortune will have a long career and get to choose their exit.

Reactions: salbutera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad