Post-Game Talk: Culture beats Hapless Caps, 5-2!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I didn't watch the game, I checked a few times the GTD and I was seeing people complaining about Slaf (that was before the 3rd period).
Then I come here to see the final result and :laugh:.

Looks like someone worked on his release during his days off.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That Nick Suzuki is so overrated and not even a 1c and is bad defensively. - this very forum in pre-season.

the only centers outscoring him at this point in the season are the true elite 1c's or guys on very deep teams.
Came into tonight 29th in center points. Is now in a four way tie for 22nd but has more games than those other players (significantly more games than Hughes.)

I don’t know if those other players played tonight or not.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
That Nick Suzuki is so overrated and not even a 1c and is bad defensively. - this very forum in pre-season.

the only centers outscoring him at this point in the season are the true elite 1c's or guys on very deep teams.

It's crazy how underrated he is by his own fanbase. His production is only going to get better when he has better help throughout the lineup, the fact that he plays this well on both sides of the puck, doing all the heavy lifing on this barren roster is a testament to how good he really is.

I swear players just can't win sometimes with this fanbase.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I didn't watch the game, I checked a few times the GTD and I was seeing people complaining about Slaf (that was before the 3rd period).
Then I come here to see the final result and :laugh:.

Looks like someone worked on his release during his days off.
The team and Dr. Shot and others worked with him and he’s probably working hard on his own. It’s not just learning, he needs to have been putting in the work to create muscle memory.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's crazy how underrated he is by his own fanbase. His production is only going to get better when he has better help throughout the lineup, the fact that he plays this well on both sides of the puck, doing all the heavy lifing on this roster is a testament to how good he really is.

His production has been lights out considering the PP hasn’t been good and Caufield went a long stretch playing like ass.

With Dach back next year and Slaf busting out, Suzuki will be a PPG guy I think.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In other news ... Peg blanked by Pens, 3-0. To which we can't help but react with ...

4Bx0r3c.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gignac was decent and seems to be solid enough on his skates.
On the other hand I'm wondering what Ylonen is actually accomplishing for this team.
I was pro Wright and I think seeing how MSL has developed Slaf he would have been great coming to Montreal still. Slafkovsky has been developing great though.

I really liked Struble tonight. I'm glad Gignac got 15 solid minutes.
I was also Pro Wright but that changed at the draft and I had no reason to doubt the selection once it was made.
There were a ton of Pro Wright advocates but you would never have guessed it if you were at the Draft live.
The reception for Slaf was amazing and there were a number of moments I won't soon forget and I'm sure Slaf feels the same.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Washington only had 3 pps

Jake Evans is MTL second center, plays PK and only had 15 min

Was Armia on for that 4 min second period shift lol?
Washington is so bad. Man, I hope they get OV a center because it’d be a shame to see him miss out 64 goals away. They might need a guy to carry him there.

What’s Joe Thornton doing these days?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gignac was decent and seems to be solid enough on his skates.
On the other hand I'm wondering what Ylonen is actually accomplishing for this team.

I was also Pro Wright but that changed at the draft and I had no reason to doubt the selection once it was made.
There were a ton of Pro Wright advocates but you would never have guessed it if you were at the Draft live.
The reception for Slaf was amazing and there were a number of moments I won't soon forget and I'm sure Slaf feels the same.
The pouting was so embarrassing. I quickly understood why we passed on him. What a dork.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's crazy how underrated he is by his own fanbase. His production is only going to get better when he has better help throughout the lineup, the fact that he plays this well on both sides of the puck, doing all the heavy lifing on this barren roster is a testament to how good he really is.

I swear players just can't win sometimes with this fanbase.
He’s a really good player. But if we had a better team, we’d probably also have a better center to go with it.

There’s this backlash towards any criticism of him and I don’t get it. He’s really good but he’s a second tier first liner. Always has been. And will continue to be until he proves otherwise.

I love the guy, but if you’re not onboard with (what I think is) overrating the guy, you must hate him.

I’m sorry but part of this rebuild - I hope - is getting a better number one center. That would really help us.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Washington only had 3 pps

Jake Evans is MTL second center, plays PK and only had 15 min

Was Armia on for that 4 min second period shift lol?

Well according to natural stattrick Armia played over 4 minutes on the PK compared to Suzuki's 48 seconds.

That's the difference in TOI. Why Suzuki didn't play as much PK idk. Maybe a conscious decision from Marty to give Suzuki a bit more rest?

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
He’s a really good player. But if we had a better team, we’d probably also have a better center to go with it.

There’s this backlash towards any criticism of him and I don’t get it. He’s really good but he’s a second tier first liner. Always has been. And will continue to be until he proves otherwise.

I love the guy, but if you’re not onboard with (what I think is) overrating the guy, you must hate him.

I’m sorry but part of this rebuild - I hope - is getting a better number one center. That would really help us.

Dude if we could get another C better than Suzuki, I'm all for it! We'd obviously be better off. I'm not saying he's among the elite C's in the NHL, but that he deserves far more props then he gets.

My eye test says he's a legit 1C. He has the skill, IQ, defensive awareness and durabilty for it, but if we could slot him at #2 yes please!!

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

I think we already have him, he just need to stay healthy

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

It’s a shame we didn’t get to see Dach this season, personally I think he has more potential than Suzuki. Atleast offensively, anyways.

If Dach can become a PPG center and Suzuki just a tier below that, but take all the heavy defensive assignments - it’s good enough to contend at a high level with a supporting cast.

Hopefully Dach is healthy next year and he can be that guy, I’m not sure we’re going to draft a C better than Suzuki in the near future.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well according to natural stattrick Armia played over 4 minutes on the PK compared to Suzuki's 48 seconds.

That's the difference in TOI. Why Suzuki didn't play as much PK idk. Maybe a conscious decision from Marty to give Suzuki a bit more rest?
We can’t score goals and have one real center left. They should just play him in an offensive role. Not because he can’t kill penalties (he definitely can) but because we have NOBODY else up front outside that first line who can score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad