LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why feed? Obvious is obvious..

McDavid sucks by his logic.. becaue he plays for Oil

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Uh, you’re the one saying the Oilers players aren’t valuable because the team is bad. If anyone is throwing teams under the bus, it’s you.

Uh, what I think the guy (who I'm not sure IS a CBJ fan) is trying to say is that Jones is worth more than Draisaitl, and that Wennberg and Dubois are vastly superior to Puljujarvi.

It makes ZERO sense to hype up Puljujarvi's supposed potential and completely downplay Atkinson.

And Dubois is not much worse than Draisaitl, right now. Its gonna be even closer in 1-2 years. Now check the cap hits...

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
You’re not an NHL GM, so how would you know what fair value is?

And I was really not wanting to pull this out, but you’re irritating so why not.

Columbus exposed a 40 goal scorer with Selke caliber defence in the expansion draft. If misidentifying player value is all you care about, care to comment on that little nugget? After all an NHL GM did it, so what us plebs think about it surely doesn’t matter, right?

I dont have to be an NHL gm to know what fair value is, they NHL GMs have done that for me in trades

And Columbus had to get rid of someone. When you have talent to make the playoffs 3 of 4 years you're bound to lose talent. The facts just say so.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So players dont play the games anymore ? It just happens by magic ?

My stomach hurts from laughter.

Dont worry. Some day you wont have so many bust

Sure, the players play the game.

See what I did there, actually answered your question?

You didn’t answer my question. As usual.

Hypothetically, Winnipeg is a better team than Columbus. They offer Tyler Myers and Matthieu Perreault for Seth Jones when Columbus gets eliminated. By the laws of RusevVodka, does Columbus have to accept? Or does your ‘your players have poor value because your team is bad’ policy only extend to Ohio’s borders?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Why feed? Obvious is obvious..

McDavid sucks by his logic.. becaue he plays for Oil

No. Puljujarvi sucks.

And Draisaitl isn't worth as much as most of you think. See: Seth Jones or Seth Jones "+"

Wanna ask what I think about Johansen and Eichel?

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Sure, the players play the game.

See what I did there, actually answered your question?

You didn’t answer my question. As usual.

Hypothetically, Winnipeg is a better team than Columbus. They offer Tyler Myers and Matthieu Perreault for Seth Jones when Columbus gets eliminated. By the laws of RusevVodka, does Columbus have to accept? Or does your ‘your players have poor value because your team is bad’ policy only extend to Ohio’s borders?

It just extends to teams like Edmonton who's players get severely overrated.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I dont have to be an NHL gm to know what fair value is, they NHL GMs have done that for me in trades

And Columbus had to get rid of someone. When you have talent to make the playoffs 3 of 4 years you're bound to lose talent. The facts just say so.

So GMs can’t make mistakes then?

Karlsson has more goals than Wennberg has points. Even you can’t defend that.

You’re saying if Kekalainen could have a do-over, he wouldn’t change who he gave up?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It just extends to teams like Edmonton who's players get severely overrated.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Again you’re defaulting to the bad teams players are overrated argument?

What do you think about Jack Eichel? Sebastian Aho? OEL? Bo Horvat? Carey Price? Johnny Gaudreau?

Man those guys teams are bad. Those players must suck.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
So GMs can’t make mistakes then?

Karlsson has more goals than Wennberg has points. Even you can’t defend that.

You’re saying if Kekalainen could have a do-over, he wouldn’t change who he gave up?

Hf posters who never worked in the NHL can know more than NHL GM, yes that's correct

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
That doesn’t make any sense.

Again you’re defaulting to the bad teams players are overrated argument?

What do you think about Jack Eichel? Sebastian Aho? OEL? Bo Horvat? Carey Price? Johnny Gaudreau?

Man those guys teams are bad. Those players must suck.

Dance goalpost dance !!
We are talking about Edmonton, not other teams.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Uh, what I think the guy (who I'm not sure IS a CBJ fan) is trying to say is that Jones is worth more than Draisaitl, and that Wennberg and Dubois are vastly superior to Puljujarvi.

It makes ZERO sense to hype up Puljujarvi's supposed potential and completely downplay Atkinson.

And Dubois is not much worse than Draisaitl, right now. Its gonna be even closer in 1-2 years. Now check the cap hits...
Let me know when he sniffs 70 points

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dance goalpost dance !!
We are talking about Edmonton, not other teams.

See my earlier post about supporting arguments. It applies here.

Those teams have not made the playoffs in a long time either. Are their players overrated?

Okay then, you’re clearly a well educated hockey fan, why don’t you tell me what exactly about Leon Draisaitl makes him overrated? Be specific.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
See my earlier post about supporting arguments. It applies here.

Those teams have not made the playoffs in a long time either. Are their players overrated?

Okay then, you’re clearly a well educated hockey fan, why don’t you tell me what exactly about Leon Draisaitl makes him overrated? Be specific.

Why are the goalpost moving non stop with your arguments ? We are talking oilers , no one else

I get you are embarrassed they lose all the time but that doesnt make them good players. That's how you get stuck trading halls and only getting larssons back

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
No, it isn’t. As usual you just dodge the question and post ridiculous rhetoric when you don’t like the question you’re asked.

Oh like when you throw other teams. Players and GMs that have nothing whatsoever to do with the oilers.

Maybe have less of an agenda

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
OP wasn’t offering Dubois, they offered Wennberg, who barely had more points than Strome.

Most Draisaitl deals offered by Oiler fans are for assets like a signed Karlsson or a signed Ekman-Larsson.

*refers back to OP*

Huh. Strangely bereft of superstar #1 defencemen. That’s weird.

Again, you're literally "ignoring" Cam Atkinson again. You know, the more valuable piece coming from the CBJ in the OP. Going back to the beginning of the thread, we have people "hyping" Puljujarvi's potential "value", while literally ignoring the concept of Atkinson being involved at all. Even though you continue to downplay him, HE is worth significantly MORE than Wennberg. About the same difference between Dubois and Puljujarvi.

The difference between Dubois and Draisaitl is smaller.

Good luck acquiring OEL. We'll keep Jones and Atkinson.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
It's funny that you think its argument shifting when the reality is it's just proving you wrong. Just like when I said when someone makes a point proving you wrong you throw shade at other teams, like bringing up the down year blue jackets.

It's a down year when a team makes the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Not missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Theres a massive undispitable difference.

Rebuilding is a couple year project, not 10+ years after 4 1st overall picks and still cant make the playoffs, that's just not having talent.
17 yrs in the league only 4 playoff appearance guess you should know a lot about losing

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Again, you're literally "ignoring" Cam Atkinson again. You know, the more valuable piece coming from the CBJ in the OP. Going back to the beginning of the thread, we have people "hyping" Puljujarvi's potential "value", while literally ignoring the concept of Atkinson being involved at all. Even though you continue to downplay him, HE is worth significantly MORE than Wennberg. About the same difference between Dubois and Puljujarvi.

The difference between Dubois and Draisaitl is smaller.

Good luck acquiring OEL. We'll keep Jones and Atkinson.

Atkinson is too old to trade Draisaitl for. We aren’t trading a 70 point 22 year old C and Puljujarvi for a nearly 30 5’8 winger with a big contract having a down year and Wennberg. Draisaitl is the most valuable player in the OP by a significant amount and most Oiler fans wouldn’t do OP’s deal if Puljujarvi was removed entirely.

Atkinson is a nice player that would fit well on this team on the top two lines, and if you’re willing to move him for our 2018 first and some salary to balance I’d be all ears. Draisaitl is a no-go.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh like when you throw other teams. Players and GMs that have nothing whatsoever to do with the oilers.

Maybe have less of an agenda

I’m using examples, which is more than you seem inclined to do.

I’ve said GMs make mistakes and can make bad trades.

Who have I thrown under the bus? Where? Remember to show your work.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why are the goalpost moving non stop with your arguments ? We are talking oilers , no one else

I get you are embarrassed they lose all the time but that doesnt make them good players. That's how you get stuck trading halls and only getting larssons back

Why are you moving the goalposts non stop? We’re talking Leon Draisaitl, not Hall or Larsson.

How.

Specifically.

Is.

Leon.

Draisaitl.

Overrated?

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Why are you moving the goalposts non stop? We’re talking Leon Draisaitl, not Hall or Larsson.

How.

Specifically.

Is.

Leon.

Draisaitl.

Overrated?

Just forget it.. he's obviously not reading your posts or willing to answer your questions. Hell he's not even capable of having a constructive conversation. You've used his own points against him and he just flops and finds another excuse as to why Oiler players are trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad