Proposal: Columbus - Edmonton

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wenberg, Atkinson for Draisaitl, Puljujärvi

Wenberg didn't impress during the regular, but started to play much better closer to the playoffs and clearly is a top6 player, who can play 2C or 3C role on the Oilers. Atkinson already has 40 goal season and looks very impressive with Panarin. He can be even better with McDavid and he's really fast.

Columbus gets another player, they can build a scoring line around. And a prospect, who can still be very good.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah thats going to be a big no from Edmonton. Puljujarvi is still a question mark, people forget he's 19 years old. Draisaitl is the best player in this trade. I love Wennberg and his cap hit but no reason to give up the best player and get older while not even saving salary.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah thats going to be a big no from Edmonton. Puljujarvi is still a question mark, people forget he's 19 years old. Draisaitl is the best player in this trade. I love Wennberg and his cap hit but no reason to give up the best player and get older while not even saving salary.

Edmonton gets two top6 players instead of one. And Atkinson is a 1st line winger. As far as I understand, Oilers fans are dreaming about to get someone fast and creative and with a scoring touch to play with McDavid. Atkinson is exactly the one.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton gets two top6 players instead of one. And Atkinson is a 1st line winger. As far as I understand, Oilers fans are dreaming about to get someone fast and creative and with a scoring touch to play with McDavid. Atkinson is exactly the one.

C'mon man, you know this deal is lopsided in favor of Columbus. No way they make that deal if they're the ones dealing Draisaitl.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Change Drai to RNH and EDM fans might bite.

Draisaitl will cost Seth Jones+ and neither team is in a position to do that swap.

Am an oilers fan and there's no way Columbus is the one adding in this trade. It would be the Oilers adding if anything, although not anything major.

Reactions: zar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Am an oilers fan and there's no way Columbus is the one adding in this trade. It would be the Oilers adding if anything, although not anything major.
like I said, neither GM is in a position to make this swap.
Maybe if the Oilers hadnt given up Hall for Larsson.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Change Drai to RNH and EDM fans might bite.

Draisaitl will cost Seth Jones+ and neither team is in a position to do that swap.

You've absolutely got the + on the wrong side but yes OP is awful for Edmonton.

I think if you add in Milano + Savard and Sekera then maybe the deal would be sorta salvageable

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Workable for Columbus, altho given his chemistry with Panarin I hate to give Atkinson up. That's beside the point, tho, as it's really, REALLY bad for Edmonton - they desperately need a blueline fix, and that's not being provided here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You've absolutely got the + on the wrong side but yes OP is awful for Edmonton.

I think if you add in Milano + Savard and Sekera then maybe the deal would be sorta salvageable
Bad idea for us, and it still doesn't really help Edmonton - if Draisaitl is going, they'd need a better blueliner than Savard. And we're not realistically equipped to make that happen.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012

Wenberg didn't impress during the regular, but started to play much better closer to the playoffs and clearly is a top6 player, who can play 2C or 3C role on the Oilers. Atkinson already has 40 goal season and looks very impressive with Panarin. He can be even better with McDavid and he's really fast.

Columbus gets another player, they can build a scoring line around. And a prospect, who can still be very good.

Yeah, no. Sorry buddy. Drai's our 2C. You want him, then Seth Jones is on his way back to Edmonton.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I’m sorry when did Atkinson have a 40 goal season, exactly?

He had a 35 goal season, which is impressive enough that you don’t need to lie. He also had a poor year by his standards.

Your deal is horrific for Edmonton. Wouldn’t do it if you took Puljujarvi out and replaced him with Pakarinen. We give up far and away the best player in this deal and JP has a ton of value.

If you want Draisaitl coming back and Jones isn’t coming Edmonton’s way then this conversation doesn’t need to continue any further.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
''started to be playing much better in playoffs''

3 games in

lmao

lmao ? At you as you have a reading problem . Try quoting what the poster posted instead of twisting it . " Wenberg didn't impress during the regular, but started to play much better closer to the playoffs and clearly is a top 6 player " . Clearly he said leading up to the playoffs not the 3 games you said . But hey why let the fact get in your way .

Reactions: Fro

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As for the OP . Take out Puljujarvi and keep adding until it hurts because moving Draisaitl hurts the Oilers

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
lmao ? At you as you have a reading problem . Try quoting what the poster posted instead of twisting it . " Wenberg didn't impress during the regular, but started to play much better closer to the playoffs and clearly is a top 6 player " . Clearly he said leading up to the playoffs not the 3 games you said . But hey why let the fact get in your way .

Yes so u trade him for a 2 top 3 pick overall

makes sense lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad