Proposal: Columbus - Edmonton

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:banghead:

I love how we can acknowledge at the outset, repeatedly, that this is a bad deal for Edmonton and we all know it, and still get bombarded with "how dare you, send us Jones or GTFO" posts again and again and again and again.

WE GET IT ALREADY, OKAY. That's not one of ours who made the proposal. We know it's a crappy proposal. Stop taking it out on us and our team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
:banghead:

I love how we can acknowledge at the outset, repeatedly, that this is a bad deal for Edmonton and we all know it, and still get bombarded with "how dare you, send us Jones or GTFO" posts again and again and again and again.

WE GET IT ALREADY, OKAY. That's not one of ours who made the proposal. We know it's a crappy proposal. Stop taking it out on us and our team.
Maybe we just want Jones cause he's a beast, future norris winner.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
As a CBJ fan, we're perfectly ok with having Dubois as our 1C. Makes no sense to pay a ridiculous price for somebody who MIGHT make the team better. Atkinson is the CBJ's 2nd best offensive player, and Draisaitl would be too.

You people don't want to hear it, but Puljujarvi is brutal. Guys like Milano and Bjorkstand have comparable value. Not a fan of Wennberg, but at least he HAS proven he can play in the NHL, and will be playing there in 5 years. Literally cannot be said for Puljujarvi. Maybe if you send him to few hockey schools over the summer.

The Jones talk is ridiculous also. The only way Draisaitl is worth more, is in a points only fantasy league.

As a CBJ fan, and 1 that doesn't like Wennberg, I keep Atkinson-Wennberg over the superstar 2C. Atkinson is getting absolutely downplayed in here.

Enjoy adding up McDavid and Draisaitl's regular season points.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
As a CBJ fan, we're perfectly ok with having Dubois as our 1C. Makes no sense to pay a ridiculous price for somebody who MIGHT make the team better. Atkinson is the CBJ's 2nd best offensive player, and Draisaitl would be too.

You people don't want to hear it, but Puljujarvi is brutal. Guys like Milano and Bjorkstand have comparable value. Not a fan of Wennberg, but at least he HAS proven he can play in the NHL, and will be playing there in 5 years. Literally cannot be said for Puljujarvi. Maybe if you send him to few hockey schools over the summer.

The Jones talk is ridiculous also. The only way Draisaitl is worth more, is in a points only fantasy league.

As a CBJ fan, and 1 that doesn't like Wennberg, I keep Atkinson-Wennberg over the superstar 2C. Atkinson is getting absolutely downplayed in here.

Enjoy adding up McDavid and Draisaitl's even strength points.

Youre not doing your compatriots any favours at all with this post. Dismissing Puljujarvi as ‘brutal’ and ‘needing hockey school’ makes you look like a homer.

Don’t believe me?

How was Wennberg doing at 19?

68, 4-16-20, -22.

19 year old Puljujarvi this year:

65, 12-8-20, -1.

Huh. How horribly brutal.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Youre not doing your compatriots any favours at all with this post. Dismissing Puljujarvi as ‘brutal’ and ‘needing hockey school’ makes you look like a homer.

Don’t believe me?

68, 4-16-20, -22.

65, 12-8-20, -1.

One was a top 5 pick the other wasn't. Wennberg also played 4th line minutes half the season.

Good try though

Reactions: Fro

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not keep adding.

Remove Wennberg. Remove Atkinson. Add Jones. Presto.

No Jones? No Draisaitl. Easy equation.

I get it . But the CBJ has other pieces and with enough of them you could balance out the Oilers nicely . Either way it would hurt them as fans as much as it would hurt us as fans of the Oilers to trade Draisaitl . The OP doesn't have a snowball chance in hell of getting it done

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I get it . But the CBJ has other pieces and with enough of them you could balance out the Oilers nicely . Either way it would hurt them as fans as much as it would hurt us as fans of the Oilers to trade Draisaitl . The OP doesn't have a snowball chance in hell of getting it done

Because quality for quantity deals have gone real well for us in the past.

Edmonton needs cheap wingers that can score at the NHL level. Columbus doesn’t have much for proven options that are remotely available and not wildly overvalued like Anderson or Jenner. You’re looking and unproven guys like Milano and Bjorkstrand. No thank you.

Edmonton needs RHD. They have Jones, a 300 foot gap, Savard, and then...?

Edmonton needs a 1B goalie. If you have to trade Draisaitl to get a 1B goalie Mike Milbury earns the right to laugh at you.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
One was a top 5 pick the other wasn't. Wennberg also played 4th line minutes half the season.

Good try though

And Puljujarvi is playing 3rd line as an 19 year old that lost a year of training due to a knee injury . Like the player or don't like him it doesn't matter the Oilers need young cheap forward on ELC . So being what we need it will cost to get us to move him . Puljujarvi isn't Yakupov level of prospect he has size speed and plays a 200 foot game so even if he only becomes a 40 point defensive responsible forward that is just fine . It funny how quick fans labels other team prospect bust when they are so young but when they call a 22 year old up and fans of other team ask about their availability we get oh they got tons of potential they are still young . It will take a lot to get them . LOL

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Wenberg, Atkinson for Draisaitl, Puljujärvi

Wenberg didn't impress during the regular, but started to play much better closer to the playoffs and clearly is a top6 player, who can play 2C or 3C role on the Oilers. Atkinson already has 40 goal season and looks very impressive with Panarin. He can be even better with McDavid and he's really fast.

Columbus gets another player, they can build a scoring line around. And a prospect, who can still be very good.

Swap out Atkinson for Werenski.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Don’t believe me?

68, 4-16-20, -22.

65, 12-8-20, -1.

HAHA. Search my 'post history' for "Wennberg".

I'm mainly arguing how people are downplaying Atkinson, and somewhat, Jones. And Wennberg WAS f***in brutal his rookie year. I'm not a fan of him in general.

However, he CAN skate, pass, and handle a puck perfectly fine, at the NHL level. Something that cant (or shouldn't) be said for Puljujarvi.

The "need" for Draisaitl is not really there for CBJ. Dubois is the real deal. He is the future 1C for Columbus. While it would be nice to upgrade on Wennberg (the "2-3C") a bit, it makes NO SENSE to trade away arguably the teams best goal scorer (Atkinson) along with a capable "middle 6" center, for a supposed upgrade on Dubois.

And again, Puljujarvi adds NOTHING to the CBJ.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Wennberg ATOI 14/15 season: 15:37

Puljujarvi ATOI 17/18 season: 13:22

Good try though.

Who cares where he was drafted? Again, he’s 19.

Who cares about time on ice average. A player can play 25 minutes one day and 1 the next and average 13 minutes a game. Its 100% irrelevant

And draft position matters a shit ton. Compare PLD to Pool Partys 19 year old stats, I'll wait. PLD is what you look for out of a 19 year old top 5 pick, not pool party.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Who cares about time on ice average. A player can play 25 minutes one day and 1 the next and average 13 minutes a game. Its 100% irrelevant

And draft position matters a **** ton. Compare PLD to Pool Partys 19 year old stats, I'll wait. PLD is what you look for out of a 19 year old top 5 pick, not pool party.

Uh, everyone cares about ice time minutes? You said Wennberg was playing 4th line minutes. The lie detector test showed that was a lie.

Reactions: ivanlwan

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
And Puljujarvi is playing 3rd line as an 19 year old that lost a year of training due to a knee injury . Like the player or don't like him it doesn't matter the Oilers need young cheap forward on ELC . So being what we need it will cost to get us to move him . Puljujarvi isn't Yakupov level of prospect he has size speed and plays a 200 foot game so even if he only becomes a 40 point defensive responsible forward that is just fine . It funny how quick fans labels other team prospect bust when they are so young but when they call a 22 year old up and fans of other team ask about their availability we get oh they got tons of potential they are still young . It will take a lot to get them . LOL

Well he didnt les a year of training because of a knee injury because he did play some that year so that's blatant lie #1. We also saw pool party play with McJesus, who isnt a third liner, blatant lie #2.

I mean if oiler players are all great then why do they always finish at the bottom of the standings ? Hint: they are more overrated than Toronto players

Reactions: thebus88

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Uh, everyone cares about ice time minutes? You said Wennberg was playing 4th line minutes. The lie detector test showed that was a lie.

I have yet to meet anyone at a level above junior hockey that gives a single F about Average time on ice. Not a single one, and I used to live near an NHL cup winning coach.

Just because you are wrong means I lied. The real world doesnt work like that.

Maybe pool party wont be a bust, but its going to take a near impossible for him to not look like a AHLer

Reactions: Fro

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
HAHA. Search my 'post history' for "Wennberg".

I'm mainly arguing how people are downplaying Atkinson, and somewhat, Jones. And Wennberg WAS ****in brutal his rookie year. I'm not a fan of him in general.

However, he CAN skate, pass, and handle a puck perfectly fine, at the NHL level. Something that cant (or shouldn't) be said for Puljujarvi.

The "need" for Draisaitl is not really there for CBJ. Dubois is the real deal. He is the future 1C for Columbus. While it would be nice to upgrade on Wennberg (the "2-3C") a bit, it makes NO SENSE to trade away arguably the teams best goal scorer (Atkinson) along with a capable "middle 6" center, for a supposed upgrade on Dubois.

And again, Puljujarvi adds NOTHING to the CBJ.

At 23, sure he can. Come back when JP is 23 and maybe we can talk.

I love that you’re talking about Draisaitl as a supposed upgrade. He’s a massive upgrade. He’s much better than Dubois now. The same thing you’re spouting about Wennberg vs Puljujarvi.

Atkinson is overpaid. He’s small. He’s trending down and we’re not moving Draisaitl in any deal with Columbus that doesn’t result in Jones coming back.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Plus your first, plus pool party, plus another prospect
Haha..greedy one..are we?
Sure add em all.. take McDavid too... its afterall the guaranteed future Norris winner we are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad