Proposal: Columbus - Edmonton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yet the guy who worked in the league for years did it and you have never done anything in the NHL

Weird how that works out huh?

PST I just know better than you, not everyone. You still cant make a single quality point and a single quality point without throwing other teams under the bus

It really is quite humiliating

Lol you’re fantastic. ‘An NHL GM did it, you’ve never worked in the NHL!’

An NHL GM once sold Chris Draper to another team for a dollar.

An NHL GM once drafted a player that didn’t exist because he was bored at a draft.

An NHL GM once demanded a player repay a signing bonus or he’d nix a trade he had in place.

An NHL GM once traded Brandon Saad for Artemi Panarin.

Are you trying to say that everything an NHL GM does is good and smart? That they can’t make mistakes? That they can’t misidentify players?

Uh, you’re the one saying the Oilers players aren’t valuable because the team is bad. If anyone is throwing teams under the bus, it’s you.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Lol you’re fantastic. ‘An NHL GM did it, you’ve never worked in the NHL!’

An NHL GM once sold Chris Draper to another team for a dollar.

An NHL GM once drafted a player that didn’t exist because he was bored at a draft.

An NHL GM once demanded a player repay a signing bonus or he’d nix a trade he had in place.

An NHL GM once traded Brandon Saad for Artemi Panarin.

Are you trying to say that everything an NHL GM does is good and smart? That they can’t make mistakes? That they can’t misidentify players?

Uh, you’re the one saying the Oilers players aren’t valuable because the team is bad. If anyone is throwing teams under the bus, it’s you.

No I'm saying you dont know as much as you tell yourself.

Dance goalpost dance!!

So far when talking about the Edmonton Oilers, the Sabres, blue jackets and avs have been brought up for no reason. Along with past NHL GMs and trades for no reason

Like I said, it's just humiliating at this point.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Yes because playoffs are based on individual players.. For EDM it will be when Chia gets his head outta his rear end.

The players do play the games after all. It's not NHL 18. Which is coincidentally the only place Edmonton players have the value the fans think they do

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No I'm saying you dont know as much as you tell yourself.

Dance goalpost dance!!

So far when talking about the Edmonton Oilers, the Sabres, blue jackets and avs have been brought up for no reason. Along with past NHL GMs and trades for no reason

Like I said, it's just humiliating at this point.

Maybe, but I definitely know more than someone that thinks supporting arguments and historical references are moving the goalposts.

See those are things that people do when they actually have a leg to stand on. They don’t just blurt our opinions with no basis in fact and invent neighbours.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
CBJ fans are perfectly fine keeping Atkinson, Dubois, Jones, etc...The don't NEED or WANT to move any of the 3.

EDM fans are the ones that seem so upset that the CBJ fans don't want to pay what they think their player(s) are worth.

Atkinson and Dubois are being ridiculously underrated.

Try watching them play tomorrow, and the rest of the playoffs.

Also, I seem to see LOTS of Draisaitl proposals on here. Not all from opposing fans. Why is that?

Most expendable valuable player? Or most valuable expendable player?

In regards to Puljujarvi, you cant "learn" how to skate or stickhandle when you're 20 years old.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes because playoffs are based on individual players.. For EDM it will be when Chia gets his head outta his rear end.

No that’s false. Only today matters. The 15-16 blue jackets were a bad team so they should have given up Wennberg and anyone else that a good team wanted for whatever they wanted to give up, needs and player performance be damned.

The Oilers are better than the Sabres, so if we offer Kris Russell for Rasmus Ristolainen they have to say yes.

Players on good teams > players on bad teams. Nothing else matters. Everything else is fake news.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Maybe, but I definitely know more than someone that thinks supporting arguments and historical references are moving the goalposts.

See those are things that people do when they actually have a leg to stand on. They don’t just blurt our opinions with no basis in fact and invent neighbours.

Oh so when it fits your agenda it's okay but it's not okay when it's done to you. Comical really.

I missed where you have yet to make a valid counter point to have a leg to stand on, surely and quite laughably you arent talking about yourself ?

I'm still waiting for one fact, one undispitable valid point. Just one is all I'm asking for , I didn't think it would be that hard for someone who thinks they know so much, but no one has seen one yet.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
CBJ fans are perfectly fine keeping Atkinson, Dubois, Jones, etc...The don't NEED or WANT to move any of the 3.

EDM fans are the ones that seem so upset that the CBJ fans don't want to pay what they think their player(s) are worth.

Also, I seem to see LOTS of Draisaitl proposals on here. Not all from opposing fans. Why is that?

In regards to Puljujarvi, you cant "learn" how to skate or stickhandle when you're 20 years old.

OP wasn’t offering Dubois, they offered Wennberg, who barely had more points than Strome.

Most Draisaitl deals offered by Oiler fans are for assets like a signed Karlsson or a signed Ekman-Larsson.

*refers back to OP*

Huh. Strangely bereft of superstar #1 defencemen. That’s weird.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
No that’s false. Only today matters. The 15-16 blue jackets were a bad team so they should have given up Wennberg and anyone else that a good team wanted for whatever they wanted to give up, needs and player performance be damned.

The Oilers are better than the Sabres, so if we offer Kris Russell for Rasmus Ristolainen they have to say yes.

Players on good teams > players on bad teams. Nothing else matters. Everything else is fake news.

Oiler players are so great, it's baffling why they lose so much

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
OP wasn’t offering Dubois, they offered Wennberg, who barely had more points than Strome.

Most Draisaitl deals offered by Oiler fans are for assets like a signed Karlsson or a signed Ekman-Larsson.

*refers back to OP*

Huh. Strangely bereft of superstar #1 defencemen. That’s weird.

And yet those offers are always shut down by opposing fans. Huh. Wonder why.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Read the OP...
There is no mention of Dubois or Jones in it..
Oilers fans are upset because Draisaitl was mentioned here.. for lesser players..
As for Drai proposals from Oilers fan.. show me one that doesnt have a franchise player coming back our way..

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh so when it fits your agenda it's okay but it's not okay when it's done to you. Comical really.

I missed where you have yet to make a valid counter point to have a leg to stand on, surely and quite laughably you arent talking about yourself ?

I'm still waiting for one fact, one undispitable valid point. Just one is all I'm asking for , I didn't think it would be that hard for someone who thinks they know so much, but no one has seen one yet.

Read literally any post I’ve made in this entire damn thread. I mean you haven’t yet so I don’t really expect you to but consider switching it up.

You want a point? Draisaitl is 22 years old and has two 70+ point seasons. Why don’t you look up how many players in this league are Draisaitl’s age and can claim that? It’s a short list.

Players like Draisaitl are not moved for guys like Atkinson and Wennberg. They’re supporting cast players. You wouldn’t move Jones for Klefbom and Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Viqsi and ivanlwan

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And yet those offers are always shut down by opposing fans. Huh. Wonder why.

Huh I wonder if it’s because they don’t want to move A+ assets that are impossible to replace for lesser pieces?

*squints at OP’s offer*

There’s a lesson here - can’t quite put my finger on it though. I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually.

Reactions: LTIR

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Read literally any post I’ve made in this entire damn thread. I mean you haven’t yet so I don’t really expect you to but consider switching it up.

You want a point? Draisaitl is 22 years old and has two 70+ point seasons. Why don’t you look up how many players in this league are Draisaitl’s age and can claim that? It’s a short list.

Players like Draisaitl are not moved for guys like Atkinson and Wennberg. They’re supporting cast players. You wouldn’t move Jones for Klefbom and Puljujarvi.

*looks through whole thread, doesnt see a since once of an intelligent point from said poster*

Meanwhile I've been a valid point every single time I made a post

Crazy how much facts really weight over opinion, especially when you dont have to move the goal post as often as you do to make a post and throw shade at other teams and players to draw attention to how bad Edmonton players are.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Huh I wonder if it’s because they don’t want to move A+ assets that are impossible to replace for lesser pieces?

*squints at OP’s offer*

There’s a lesson here - can’t quite put my finger on it though. I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually.

Mm no it's because they usually lose out on those offers, they know they are getting a player from Edmonton in return. I cant remember the last time Edmonton fans had fair value for their players in real life, and that's for a reason

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
If Drai ends up top 5 in scoring while playing center and PLD doesn't end up making the next step to legit #1 C and this ends up being Jones best year, Jones for Drai 2 years from now will look like a trade the Blue Jackets wish they made. But that might not happen, given how strong Jones has been this year, I think he is the real deal. PLD has been pretty solid for a rookie. That's how trade work, you make your smartest bet and see how the cards unfold. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I don't think the Oilers do the OP and I don't think the Jackets sell on Jones.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
*looks through whole thread, doesnt see a since once of an intelligent point from said poster*

Meanwhile I've been a valid point every single time I made a post

Crazy how much facts really weight over opinion, especially when you dont have to move the goal post as often as you do to make a post and throw shade at other teams and players to draw attention to how bad Edmonton players are.

you’ve said this entire thread is that Columbus is in the playoffs and Edmonton isn’t. Which has zero bearing on player value. So maybe try a new uh ‘fact’.

So when Columbus gets eliminated, they have to accept any offer made by a team still in the playoffs? That’s how this works right?

Reactions: ivanlwan

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Drai ends up top 5 in scoring while playing center and PLD doesn't end up making the next step to legit #1 C and this ends up being Jones best year, Jones for Drai 2 years from now will look like a trade the Blue Jackets wish they made. But that might not happen, given how strong Jones has been this year, I think he is the real deal. PLD has been pretty solid for a rookie. That's how trade work, you make your smartest bet and see how the cards unfold. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I don't think the Oilers do the OP and I don't think the Jackets sell on Jones.
You are missing the point of this thread.. it is apparently to bash the Oilers players..
Its all about Oilers suck so its players suck so give us Draisaitl for pennies

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
you’ve said this entire thread is that Columbus is in the playoffs and Edmonton isn’t. Which has zero bearing on player value. So maybe try a new uh ‘fact’.

So when Columbus gets eliminated, they have to accept any offer made by a team still in the playoffs? That’s how this works right?

So players dont play the games anymore ? It just happens by magic ?

My stomach hurts from laughter.

Dont worry. Some day you wont have so many bust

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Mm no it's because they usually lose out on those offers, they know they are getting a player from Edmonton in return. I cant remember the last time Edmonton fans had fair value for their players in real life, and that's for a reason

You’re not an NHL GM, so how would you know what fair value is?

And I was really not wanting to pull this out, but you’re irritating so why not.

Columbus exposed a 40 goal scorer with Selke caliber defence in the expansion draft. If misidentifying player value is all you care about, care to comment on that little nugget? After all an NHL GM did it, so what us plebs think about it surely doesn’t matter, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad