Proposal: Columbus - Edmonton

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Haha..greedy one..are we?
Sure add em all.. take McDavid too... its afterall the guaranteed future Norris winner we are talking about.

Yeah 23 year old RH D man who score at almost the same rate as the God draisaitl as a C and locked up cheap for long term just have so little value.

Reactions: thebus88

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I have yet to meet anyone at a level above junior hockey that gives a single F about Average time on ice. Not a single one, and I used to live near an NHL cup winning coach.

Just because you are wrong means I lied. The real world doesnt work like that.

Maybe pool party wont be a bust, but its going to take a near impossible for him to not look like a AHLer

lol you used to live near a coach? Whoa buddy. Calm down. I’m clearly outmatched here. Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds?

A player getting 15-16 minutes is usually playing 2nd/3rd line minutes. 13 ish minutes is getting 3rd/4th line minutes. That’s just how the real world works.

How bout this - we’ll keep Draisaitl and Puljujarvi, you keep whatever B pieces you’d move for them. We don’t want what you’d give up. OP is a train wreck for Edmonton.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah 23 year old RH D man who score at almost the same rate as the God draisaitl as a C and locked up cheap for long term just have so little value.
Love how making stupid proposals for Draisaitl was fine.. all up in arms and offended when Jones is mentioned.

Reactions: ivanlwan

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
lol you used to live near a coach? Whoa buddy. Calm down. I’m clearly outmatched here. Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds?

A player getting 15-16 minutes is usually playing 2nd/3rd line minutes. 13 ish minutes is getting 3rd/4th line minutes. That’s just how the real world works.

How bout this - we’ll keep Draisaitl and Puljujarvi, you keep whatever B pieces you’d move for them. We don’t want what you’d give up. OP is a train wreck for Edmonton.

I mean it doesnt sound worse than a poster who doesnt even follow the player near the team they are trying to sound more knowledgeable about

I mean I guess 4th liners play so much, that's why Columbus 4th liners didnt even play 10 minutes in a double OT game last night

But right all 4th liners obviously get 35 minutes per game.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Love how making stupid proposals for Draisaitl was fine.. all up in arms and offended when Jones is mentioned.

Well jones has the higher value by a thousand miles.

Much better player
Much better contract
Plays a much more valuable role
Plays a much more valuable position

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
‘Lol Puljujarvi is a bust he has no value he sucks but yes please we still want thank you’

Want him so much that hes just a throw in in the OP.

Oilers are so great. They must make the playoffs all the time with all these high value players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

57 almost = 70 now?

If so, Matt Benning should fetch Josh Anderson. After all Benning is a RHD, is 23, had 21 points - which is almost 30!

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
57 almost = 70 now?

If so, Matt Benning should fetch Josh Anderson. After all Benning is a RHD, is 23, had 21 points - which is almost 30!

Yes 57 Is almost 70.

I remember when taylor hall was supposed to bring the second coming of jesus christ in a trade and all he fetched was Adam Larson:laugh:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well jones has the higher value by a thousand miles.

Much better player
Much better contract
Plays a much more valuable role
Plays a much more valuable position
Depends upon team to team... Cs like Draisaitl don't grow on trees either...
Lets see how much you guys value Dubois if/when he ever finshes top 10 in league scoring... some of you must have starter worshipping him already..
Edm fans are more than happy with keeping Draisaitl..and get offended when quantity proposals are made for him

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Want him so much that hes just a throw in in the OP.

Oilers are so great. They must make the playoffs all the time with all these high value players.

We had 100+ points last year. Had a bad year this year and our GM is stupid. Likes to make miserable deals that we easily lose. Kinda like OP.

Also that argument is ridiculous. Buffalo is awful. Does that mean that Eichel, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt and O’Reilly should be available to you for bargain bin prices?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes 57 Is almost 70.

I remember when taylor hall was supposed to bring the second coming of jesus christ in a trade and all he fetched was Adam Larson:laugh:

21 is almost 30. Benning is a young RHD. So we get Anderson, yeah? That’s how this works?

Hall for Larsson was a terrible trade. It was terrible when it happened and it’s even more terrible now. Again, your argument is ‘your GM was stupid once so you’re stuck in an infinite feedback loop where you have to consistently do stupid trades?’

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
We had 100+ points last year. Had a bad year this year and our GM is stupid. Likes to make miserable deals that we easily lose. Kinda like OP.

Also that argument is ridiculous. Buffalo is awful. Does that mean that Eichel, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt and O’Reilly should be available to you for bargain bin prices?

Yeah "bad year" right. If you believe that I have ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell you. It's just a lack of talent and lack of said talent playing way above their heads last year.

Also it's not ridiculous, it's the truth. It's funny how when facts dont go the way your agenda wants then you get upset. But you throw the same shade to other teams like you have a valid point.

I mean the proof is in the pudding, if you had talent you would win games. You didnt win games sooo that only leaves one reasonable answer..

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
21 is almost 30. Benning is a young RHD. So we get Anderson, yeah? That’s how this works?

Hall for Larsson was a terrible trade. It was terrible when it happened and it’s even more terrible now. Again, your argument is ‘your GM was stupid once so you’re stuck in an infinite feedback loop where you have to consistently do stupid trades?’

I mean the guy who made the deal has been an NHL GM for many years and you've never stepped foot anywhere near an NHL job and post on HF for a reason

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Depends upon team to team... Cs like Draisaitl don't grow on trees either...
Lets see how much you guys value Dubois if/when he ever finshes top 10 in league scoring... some of you must have starter worshipping him already..
Edm fans are more than happy with keeping Draisaitl..and get offended when quantity proposals are made for him

I mean Dubois had a much better 19 year old year in the NHL than Drai did. Just 9 points in 37 games, ouch.

Reactions: thebus88

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah "bad year" right. If you believe that I have ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell you. It's just a lack of talent and lack of said talent playing way above their heads last year.

Also it's not ridiculous, it's the truth. It's funny how when facts dont go the way your agenda wants then you get upset. But you throw the same shade to other teams like you have a valid point.

I mean the proof is in the pudding, if you had talent you would win games. You didnt win games sooo that only leaves one reasonable answer..

Dance goalposts, dance!

You have this adorable habit of just ignoring parts of arguments that don’t suit you.

Does Buffalo have to trade you their good pieces at bargain prices because they’re bad? How about Carolina? Arizona? Would you like Erik Karlsson for a handful of couch lint? Ottawa’s not very good, did they get lucky last year too?

100 point teams don’t get lucky, and bad teams can have very valuable pieces that - shockingly - they DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP.

I’m guessing your argument doesn’t include the 15-16 Blue Jackets that had 76 points? I’m guessing you don’t think that team should have sold off assets to whoever wanted them for whatever they’d give up (Wennberg, Jenner, Atkinson, Murray), etc? Were you a hockey fan all the way back two seasons ago?

Oh wait. It looks, weirdly, that a bad team being patient and building is possible. They don’t HAVE to dump their valuable pieces off a cliff just because some fan doesn’t understand player value.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean the guy who made the deal has been an NHL GM for many years and you've never stepped foot anywhere near an NHL job and post on HF for a reason

‘You don’t know anything, you just post on HF’

I’m going to give you the remainder of the evening to soak in that particular pool of irony. You stay in there awhile. Get all pruney.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Dance goalposts, dance!

You have this adorable habit of just ignoring parts of arguments that don’t suit you.

100 point teams don’t get lucky.

I’m guessing your argument doesn’t include the 15-16 Blue Jackets that had 76 points? I’m guessing you don’t think that team should have sold off assets to whoever wanted them for whatever they’d give up (Wennberg, Jenner, Atkinson, Murray), etc? Were you a hockey fan all the way back two seasons ago?

Oh wait. It looks, weirdly, that a bad team being patient and building is possible. They don’t HAVE to dump their valuable pieces off a cliff just because some fan doesn’t understand player value.

It's funny that you think its argument shifting when the reality is it's just proving you wrong. Just like when I said when someone makes a point proving you wrong you throw shade at other teams, like bringing up the down year blue jackets.

It's a down year when a team makes the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Not missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Theres a massive undispitable difference.

Rebuilding is a couple year project, not 10+ years after 4 1st overall picks and still cant make the playoffs, that's just not having talent.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
‘You don’t know anything, you just post on HF’

I’m going to give you the remainder of the evening to soak in that particular pool of irony. You stay in there awhile. Get all pruney.

I missed where I kept saying I know more than NHL gms like you have been.

You seem upset you cant make a solid argument

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One was a top 5 pick the other wasn't. Wennberg also played 4th line minutes half the season.

Good try though

Pulju has averaged like 12 minutes a game his career.

Wennberg averaged over 15 mins a game his first two years.

Fake news.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Pulju has averaged like 12 minutes a game his career.

Wennberg averaged over 15 mins a game his first two years.

Fake news.

A player can play 15 minutes one game and play 5 the next and average 10 minutes a game.

Good try though

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I missed where I kept saying I know more than NHL gms like you have been.

You seem upset you cant make a solid argument

I said Hall for Larsson was a bad trade. I said it at the time, I said it last year, I’m saying it now. NHL analysts said it was a bad trade. The media said it was a bad trade. You might be the only person on the face of the earth that doesn’t and is using it to prove some sort of meandering, directionless point.

Your arguments are awful, friend. Even most other Columbus fans think OP is horrible for Edmonton. Your argument is Edmonton=bad so their players aren’t valuable? Colorado was pretty terrible, still got lots for Duchene.

I’m guessing you think you’re smarter than the rest of your fanbase, though.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
I said Hall for Larsson was a bad trade. I said it at the time, I said it last year, I’m saying it now. NHL analysts said it was a bad trade. The media said it was a bad trade. You might be the only person on the face of the earth that doesn’t and is using it to prove some sort of meandering, directionless point.

Your arguments are awful, friend. Even most other Columbus fans think OP is horrible for Edmonton. Your argument is Edmonton=bad so their players aren’t valuable? Colorado was pretty terrible, still got lots for Duchene.

I’m guessing you think you’re smarter than the rest of your fanbase, though.

Yet the guy who worked in the league for years did it and you have never done anything in the NHL

Weird how that works out huh?

PST I just know better than you, not everyone. You still cant make a single quality point and a single quality point without throwing other teams under the bus

It really is quite humiliating

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A player can play 15 minutes one game and play 5 the next and average 10 minutes a game.

Good try though

Yes, because a two game sample size and a 70 game sample size are totally the same thing. ATOI is a good indication of talent and coach usage. If you disagree, then surely you can move Jones. After all, you have Markus Nutivaara. Jones played 24 minutes a night, Nutivaara 16. Easily replaceable. The NHL coach you used to live close to would surely tell you that any old defenceman can handle 24 minutes a night against another team’s best players?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I mean Dubois had a much better 19 year old year in the NHL than Drai did. Just 9 points in 37 games, ouch.
Future art ross +Hart winner right there!! The great dubois..

I bet he is worth more than Karlsson already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad