Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Need to play better defense tomorrow night. If we play the same way we did with Reimer in net...I don't think even Roy in net could save us.

Duchene, MacKinnon (even though he's just a rookie!), ROR, Landeskog...those guys will make you pay for turnovers.

Keep it simple in our zone and I don't see how the Avs can beat us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lets hope for a 4 - 0 start!

Anyone know who's starting for Colorado tomorrow? Varlamov or Giguere?

Probably Varlamov...I've noticed a trend that at least goes back to 2009-10. Teams always like to use their #1 goalie against us, even at times on a back to back (like Ottawa did with Anderson).

We barely catch a break with a back up goalie in net, doesn't really apply here because both teams come into the game well rested.

I don't think we faced more than ~4 back ups last year.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Going with a 5-2 Leafs prediction on this one.

Even with the forward that the Avs have, our defence is not something to take easily either. And Bernier is going to SHINE. Can't wait to see him play again.

edit: Oops..almost forgot, **** the Avs. Its going to be fun exposing their "defence" tomorrow.

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Was watching some videos on mapleleafs.com and Bolland seems like a guy who doesn't like much media attraction.

Having said that, he has been the unheralded hero in this early season. Does little things right and not often you see him making mistakes.

Some interesting trivia: Bolland had 3 crucial scoring plays against Bruins in cup final. In Game 1, he had the primary assist on winning goal. In Game 5, he scored the EN goal to down the Bruins hopes of comeback to give Hawks a 3-2 series lead, and of course the cup winning clutch goal in Game 6. This guy is going to be money in playoffs if we make it.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Just don't let Mackinnon score or he'll be hailed as the next Peter Forsberg. :sarcasm:

Seriously though it should be a good game, hoping for another solid performance by JB.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Looking at Colorado's top 9, it really isn't that bad.

Superior team than EDM in 5 years no doubt.

Also, giving Mackinnon 3rd line minutes with opporunity on the powerplay will only help his development. Most #1 picks usually start off in a top 6 role and have a lot of responsibility at such a young age.

Leafs For Life*

You know you're cocky when you go to other teams' forums in packs to talk about how good your team is.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Looking at Colorado's top 9, it really isn't that bad.

Superior team than EDM in 5 years no doubt.

Also, giving Mackinnon 3rd line minutes with opporunity on the powerplay will only help his development. Most #1 picks usually start off in a top 6 role and have a lot of responsibility at such a young age.

I feel bad for Edmonton :laugh:

MacKinnon looks better than Hall, RNH and Yakupov.

-Blazing speed
-Insane IQ
-Smart decision making.

He's going to be the best player drafted 1st overall since Stamkos.

Crosby
Tavares
Stamkos
MacKinnon

Oilers miss out IMO.

MacKinnon has made some great passes...I know it's early but he could easily get 65-70 points playing from the 3rd line.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Should be a great match.

Two teams with electrifying players who don't face each other very often. As I don't get to watch the Leafs very often I'm particularly curious in seeing how JVR does. I remember being a big fan of him when he entered the league but have not really been able to judge him since then due to lack of exposure

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
well, the oilers have done the worst rebuild ever. 10 yrs of rebuilding just in order to build a stockpile of one dimensional wingers.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
well, the oilers have done the worst rebuild ever. 10 yrs of rebuilding just in order to build a stockpile of one dimensional wingers.

Go read the thread on the main board comparing EDM vs. Colorado in 5 years.

It really puts into perspective how bad the management is in Oil City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad