Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
I've noticed Ranger getting better and better each game.

If we stay patient with him we might have a good #4 by years end.

Not even by years end... I give him 15 or so games before his decision making is back up to the level that it needs to be to do well in the NHL.

But as of now, I wish we had Mark Fraser paired with him, both playing sheltered even strength minutes, with Mark Fraser getting extra work on the PK. That would allow him to have a partner that would cover for his mistakes for the time being, giving him a seamless transition to the NHL with little pressure. Too bad.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Hey guys, Avs fan coming in peace. Here's hoping it's a good game as the Avs are very rarely on national tv:/ my best friend is a Leafs fan and we're watching it together so it should be interesting.

Im guessing 4-2 for the Leafs. You guys have a scary looking team this year, especially with bernier now.

Edit: Who's replacing Kulemin for this game?
Trevor Smith, the captain of the Marlies.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Kulemin is actually a big loss. Injuries are mounting.

We barely pulled out the last one.

Bernier will have his hands full Avs are a different team this year.

This is exactly that kind game the old Leafs would lose, a home Tuesday night after emotional win.

Except the old Leafs would have lost the previous 3 games, too.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I never understood the hate some small market fanbases in the WC have towards the Leafs. There isn't even a rivalry to speak of when you meet twice a season. I can understand teams like Detroit, Hawks and even Canucks to an extent trying to create a rivalry given with the past history but it's comical to see teams like Winnipeg, Colorado trying to have some sort of a rivalry.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I never understood the hate some small market fanbases in the WC have towards the Leafs. There isn't even a rivalry to speak of when you meet twice a season. I can understand teams like Detroit, Hawks and even Canucks to an extent trying to create a rivalry given with the past history but it's comical to see teams like Winnipeg, Colorado trying to have some sort of a rivalry.
Yeah Winnipeg was the worst last year, but honestly it seems like 80% of the teams fan bases are like this.

I was browsing the Flyers board during the gameday and they were all saying they would stomp the "laffs" 4-1, 6-0 and basically saying we suck. I dont get it, guess its the cool thing to hate on the leafs like always :shakehead

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Yeah Winnipeg was the worst last year, but honestly it seems like 80% of the teams fan bases are like this.

I was browsing the Flyers board during the gameday and they were all saying they would stomp the "laffs" 4-1, 6-0 and basically saying we suck. I dont get it, guess its the cool thing to hate on the leafs like always :shakehead

It comes with the territory of being a fan of a team that's one of, if not the most, popular in the NHL. I'm sure it's the same for teams like the Yankees or the Patriots -- although I'm definitely not talking about winning pedigrees, simply the sheer following, history, and media presence.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI

People love to hate on the Leafs. I guess it's kind of like the Yankees; you either love them or hate them.

When I was living in Calgary two years ago I was nearly crucified at work when I mentioned I was a Leaf fan :shakehead

Mr Scarface*

Hey guys, Avs fan coming in peace. Here's hoping it's a good game as the Avs are very rarely on national tv:/ my best friend is a Leafs fan and we're watching it together so it should be interesting.

Im guessing 4-2 for the Leafs. You guys have a scary looking team this year, especially with bernier now.

Edit: Who's replacing Kulemin for this game?
I know. People are talking everywhere that they don't want to play against us and get injured.... I hope nobody gets hurt in this game, I have a lot of respect and great memories of Patrick Roy of his Avalanche periods and Cups etc. What an emotional hero this guy is, some legend. Awwsome to see this game and him against Carlyle and all. It's going to be an interesting ride for sure and I hope your team proceeds into the playoffs man.

But yeah again, it's pretty ****in interesting too that so many other teams and their fans are a bit annoyed to play against us and get hurt. They both have lost points to us and even players for life. Our team is just too tough and hard under Carlyle and him being a real hard ass guy doesn't help the league.... people will get dropped even more as the season continues to roll. Many people will get suspended and replaced on that injury list thing that holds them out for a long periods of time. As the time goes by we as human beings just enjoy the game itself and the Maple Leafs. Our hard team gets a lot of respect around the league and world now... but people are talking also. They don't like the percentage and possibility level playing against us (getting those star/young good players getting bruised a lot). It's high and I understand it fully.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I feel the majority of hate is brewed from trade proposals.. Which is quite stupid.

Anyways, Leafs have better d and goaltending, while the Avs have better forwards. Thinking Leafs win.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I know. People are talking everywhere that they don't want to play against us and get injured.... I hope nobody gets hurt in this game, I have a lot of respect and great memories of Patrick Roy of his Avalanche periods and Cups etc. What an emotional hero this guy is, some legend. Awwsome to see this game and him against Carlyle and all. It's going to be an interesting ride for sure and I hope your team proceeds into the playoffs man.

But yeah again, it's pretty ****in interesting too that so many other teams and their fans are a bit annoyed to play against us and get hurt. They both have lost points to us and even players for life. Our team is just too tough and hard under Carlyle and him being a real hard ass guy doesn't help the league.... people will get dropped even more as the season continues to roll. Many people will get suspended and replaced on that injury list thing that holds them out for a long periods of time. As the time goes by we as human beings just enjoy the game itself and the Maple Leafs. Our hard team gets a lot of respect around the league and world now... but people are talking also. They don't like the percentage and possibility level playing against us (getting those star/young good players getting bruised a lot). It's high and I understand it fully.
What is going on in this post...

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
The air is very thin and these people spend their whole lives out there. They start seeing UFOs immediately after sundown and they never get any REM sleep because they believe government forces are on their way to confiscate their guns. They've heard of Toronto but believe it resides on an asteroid in the Keiper belt. Why should we worry what they think?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I see no reason why we shouldn't win as long as the Gardiner-Ranger pairing gets their heads out of their *****. Their D just isn't very good and we're already scoring like 4 goals a game so far this season.

Also the Colorado fans hating is quite funny considering they're one of the most irrelevant teams to our fanbase. We played them once a year and nothing interesting ever really happened. You could go on a Habs or Sens GDT and there's less hating than Avs fans :laugh:. And then if you hate on them in response they'll come back with "if you're hating then we must be doing something right", completely oblivious to the hypocrisy in the statement.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Play nice you guys. Avs are one of the few teams I have no reason to hate and can cheer for with a clear conscience. Don't want to ruin that :laugh:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I feel the majority of hate is brewed from trade proposals.. Which is quite stupid.

Anyways, Leafs have better d and goaltending, while the Avs have better forwards. Thinking Leafs win.

They potentially will have better forwards... as of right now, nope

Kessel > Duchene
JVR > Landeskog
Lupul > MacKinnon (Is he playing 3rd line C right now?)
Bozak < ROR
Kadri = Stastny

Having Kulemin and Clarkson out doesn't help though... but I'd say our top 6 is definitely better, not sure about their bottom 6 though.

Edit: To clarify, I think that Mackinnon could be the best player of the bunch in a few years (although I'd still take Kessel if I had to bet on it)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It's like a quote fest over on the Avs' PGT thread. :laugh:

I hope you guys quote this too.
Sure thing ;)

It's honestly amazing how proposals in the worst section of these boards has caused so much animosity :laugh:

Good luck tomorrow. Leafs are my favorite eastern conference team.

Fearless Leaf*

love the hate, should be high scoring game from both sides.

go leafs go!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

36940406.jpg

in all honesty, i'd rather be too tough to play against, than too easy. this team had zero identity and let people walk into the ACC and take the two points, without breaking a sweat for years. Now, if you want a point or two, you're going to have to earn it. (just like most of the really good teams).

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I have a feeling that the leafs are going to have a strong game tomorrow, I hope berny plays tomorrow and Saturday, I dont like reimer against the oilers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad