Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i just want the team to take the 2 days to really start honing in chemistry, and shape up their defensive game a bit. it doesn't matter if this is a reg win or a ot win or whatever (I'd prefer the regulation win my self) but we can't come out flat and stagnant anymore, we've got to get our speed going, and really push it.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
i just want the team to take the 2 days to really start honing in chemistry, and shape up their defensive game a bit. it doesn't matter if this is a reg win or a ot win or whatever (I'd prefer the regulation win my self) but we can't come out flat and stagnant anymore, we've got to get our speed going, and really push it.

The constant defensive problems every single year are really pissing me off. No matter what coach we have, no matter what defensemen we ice, we have the same issues over and over again. I thought we were on the verge of fixing it last season as our defense was playing quite well in the first quarter of the season or so (right around the time we spanked Montreal and then Philadelphia consecutively), but then we went back to our old ways and proceeded to get hemmed in our zone constantly after that.

I just wish the Dmen could play a solid, sound game on a consistent basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

snizzbone*

Excited to watch Duchene and MacKinnon. Don't get a chance to watch Duchene enough.

Hoping Rielly can build on last nights game as well against a subpar Avalanche team (despite how they have played recently).

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I think this may be a wake up game, we have been getting away with poor play so far this season and Colorado seems to be having no issues scoring as of yet.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I love this new schedule so much!

Finally we get to see teams like Colorado, Dallas, LA, St Louis, etc... again.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I think this may be a wake up game, we have been getting away with poor play so far this season and Colorado seems to be having no issues scoring as of yet.

I'm somewhat afraid of this as well...Colorado has some good young forwards that can burn us if we're not sharp defensively.

Saying that, in Bernier we trust.

Mr Scarface*

Go leafs go! 4-0 here we come!

Can't wait to see if Patrick Roy is all fired up again :)
Me neither. :)
Was really glad to see a glance of those old games come back (The avs vs Red Wings "Star Wars" edition from the 90's). Those were some games and the good old days.

Should be an interesting game. I surely will be watching with full attention on Carlyle and Roy. Coaches make my heart go boom.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
well I haven't posted in some time studying for the CFA is killing me lol but I really hope the leafs tighten up defensively for this one theres too much fire power up front in Colorado to play like we did against Ottawa.

Conversely the Avs' defence is sooooo ass plus the leafs scorers are nothing to sneeze at either so it should be a good one

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Kulemin is actually a big loss. Injuries are mounting.

We barely pulled out the last one.

Bernier will have his hands full Avs are a different team this year.

This is exactly that kind game the old Leafs would lose, a home Tuesday night after emotional win.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

We barely pulled out the last one.

Bernier will have his hands full Avs are a different team this year.

This is exactly that kind game the old Leafs would lose, a home Tuesday night after emotional win.

This. If there's any coach who can expose Bernier's weaknesses it will be Patrick Roy.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
This. If there's any coach who can expose Bernier's weaknesses it will be Patrick Roy.

oh please... they beat nashville.... doesnt even come close to ottawa, philly and the habs. Do you honestly think Roy has some scheme that has never been discovered? This should be an easy win if any kind of cycle game can get established against them, over respecting your opponent can prove to be disastrous, they have some skilled guys but they dont have the overall depth that the leafs have, its that simple. Berny is going to be going beast mode in this game, just watch

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

Don't be shocked if you see Kulemin penciled in for next game, the Leafs sent down Devane and Abbott today. I would guess Ashton is in, but that leaves one hole upfront, unless they plan on going with 11 forwards someone else has to sub in. Clarkson isn't an option due to his suspension, Mclaren can't play until after the 10 game mark, that leaves..... Kuleming. Yea I know he has a broken bone chip but lets get real guys play all the time on broken toes and bones, Kulemin wouldn't be the first or last player to play with an injury.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

Doubt it, the "wakeup" game was Game 7 vs Boston last year... we're still repeating all the mistakes we made, what makes you think us losing to Colarado will suddenly wake us up?

BayStreetBullies*

Give them nothing, but take from them everything.

take-what-you-can-give-nothing-back-1.png

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
They have major holes on D, but a great offense. Varly is solid as well. Leafs using their speed and transition game will get their chances, as will the Avs. This game is all on the goalies.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010

Don't be shocked if you see Kulemin penciled in for next game, the Leafs sent down Devane and Abbott today. I would guess Ashton is in, but that leaves one hole upfront, unless they plan on going with 11 forwards someone else has to sub in. Clarkson isn't an option due to his suspension, Mclaren can't play until after the 10 game mark, that leaves..... Kuleming. Yea I know he has a broken bone chip but lets get real guys play all the time on broken toes and bones, Kulemin wouldn't be the first or last player to play with an injury.

They sent down Devane and Abbott because they had 20 thousand or so in cap space, and every day those two are down a couple thousand extra is added to the cap for the year. (It's confusing as ****, and I'm awful at explaining it).

One, or both will be up come Monday/Tuesday.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Leafs using their speed and transition game will get their chances

You're joking right?:laugh:

What? That's how the Leafs score pretty much all of their goals, (aside from the PP).

Pretty much every goal is off the rush. There's no cycle game when it comes to the Leafs. Awful possession team, and don't take many shots, other than off the rush.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
They have major holes on D, but a great offense. Varly is solid as well. Leafs using their speed and transition game will get their chances, as will the Avs. This game is all on the goalies.

I agree. We are both capable of scoring goals. Best goalie that night wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad