Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
My crystal ball says the Leafs are going 5-0 to start the season, so this is a win.

As good as they are on forward, their D is putrid and the worst in the league. Really want to beat this team because their HF following are so snarky and have a hard on for Leaf bashing.

I hear that. It's weird -- I love the Avs because Joe Sakic and Roy were two of my favourite players as a kid, and I know some great Avs fans in real life, but their HF contingent (clearly with some exceptions) sucks. Good luck finding a smugger group of pseudo-intellects with a staggering superiority complex anywhere else outside r/atheism.

Last edited:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Avs lineup for you guys to dissect and laugh at our D (it's ok, everybody does it!):

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Mitchell - Bordeleau

Scratch: Cliche

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Scratch: Hunwick, Holden
Injured: Wilson

Varlamov
Giguere

Two things...Hejda as a top d-man pairing? Yikes.

And tell me again why you guys didn't draft Seth Jones? I'm sure MacKinnon is nice and all, but man you guys really need D.

BayStreetBullies*

Two things...Hejda as a top d-man pairing? Yikes.

And tell me again why you guys didn't draft Seth Jones? I'm sure MacKinnon is nice and all, but man you guys really need D.

Gotta draft BPA. MacKinnon was too good to pass up.

Although I'm sure Stastny the Superstar will fetch them a #1 D. :sarcasm:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Round 2 should be fun. Two big time heavyweights.

February 20th, 2012 - Round 1

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Wilson won't be ready until Saturday.

Colorado Avalanche

Adrian Dater

Avs have a tough choice on whom to cut when Ryan Wilson comes back soon. My speculation on how it plays out...

I really think Patrick Roy wants to keep the big, hungry and young Nick Holden and Nate Guenin among his top eight D-men. When Wilson comes back though, somebody will have to either be placed on waivers and/or sent to Lake Erie. That could be Matt Hunwick too. Wilson probably won't return until Saturday in Washington, unless the Avs play horrible in Toronto Tuesday and Roy just wants to get Wilson in there and not worry about it.
Holden is probably the odds-on choice to get sent down, when all is said and done. about 13 hours ago

http://sulia.com/channel/colorado-avalanche/f/64724826-aace-4b23-80c9-55d10d01a33a/?source=twitter

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Game on Tuesday, midterm on wednesday.

I think it's pretty obvious what I will be doing Tuesday night.

Watching the leafs play.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Arguable that BPA was Seth Jones and not Nathan MacKinnon.

Not according to 3 teams, 2 of which have won more Cups than the Preds. ;)

There has been quite a bit of analysis and it seems defenders are less important when it comes to the draft. Funny thing is they talk about Erik Johnson being part of the reason why.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Game on Tuesday, midterm on wednesday.

I think it's pretty obvious what I will be doing Tuesday night.

Watching the leafs play.

I did that all through University and I graduated. No, mine was even worse.

Leafs game on Tuesday night, midterm Tuesday night...watch first period of Leafs game and then go to midterm.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
Not according to 3 teams, 2 of which have won more Cups than the Preds. ;)

There has been quite a bit of analysis and it seems defenders are less important when it comes to the draft. Funny thing is they talk about Erik Johnson being part of the reason why.

Exactly. I remember a lot of people putting Hedman above Tavares in the 2009 NHL Draft. Where would the Isles be today if they picked Hedman over Tavares.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Damn dude, I thought we were all hardcore fans here in the GTA. :D

Hejda is in his 8th season in the NHL, has almost 500 career games played, and is a regular on the Czech national team. Tyson Barrie was on the 2011 WJC Team Canada side and is definitely more unknown to Eastern Conference fans.

Hejda's gonna hate.

mikebel111*

we have shown flashes of playing good D under Randy. however we lack a lot of consistency. Like I say this team is still a work in progress. It will take some time.

Anyone predicting rielly's first goal tomorrow? I will say he gets his first point in the third game and first goal in the 5th game.

My guess we win this game. and phil the thrill with one of the goals.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Clarkson would have been nice in this game. You know him and Downie would've went at it. Two similar players.

Game will be a good test, but hardly a team worth respecting as much as some of you are.

If the Leafs play like they can, this game shouldn't be too bad. OF course, the Leafs won't play like they can and make it hard on themselves.

Tuesday night home games early in the season are almost always stinkers for the Leafs, though haha

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Clarkson would have been nice in this game. You know him and Downie would've went at it. Two similar players.

Game will be a good test, but hardly a team worth respecting as much as some of you are.

If the Leafs play like they can, this game shouldn't be too bad. OF course, the Leafs won't play like they can and make it hard on themselves.

Tuesday night home games early in the season are almost always stinkers for the Leafs, though haha

Over the past decade many home games whether in October or March were stinkers!

:cry:

They should respect every team, but expect to beat every team.

Avs were 2nd. worst team in the NHL last year?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Don't ever compare Downie with Clarkson. Downie is a rat who will ALWAYS turtle and be the furthest one away from the **** he starts.

Downie is a more offensive Kaleta. I would like nothing more than seeing his face being used as a punching bag but he'll turtle the instant someone breathes near him.

mikebel111*

Randy surprised by firing of laviolette and calls it absurd

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Randy surprised by firing of laviolette and calls it absurd

It is absurd. Flyers are a joke.

You go through the entire off season with the coach and then fire him based on 3 games? Lavy should have been fired as soon as the season ended...it would have given him a chance to find a job somewhere else.

Firing him based on 3 games is absurd...they could easily have won against us and Carolina...it's a game of bounces. 1 goal games. 2-1 and he doesn't get fired, 0-3 (two 1 goal games) and he's gone?

Flyers are an impatient bunch.

mikebel111*

It is absurd. Flyers are a joke.

You go through the entire off season with the coach and then fire him based on 3 games? Lavy should have been fired as soon as the season ended...it would have given him a chance to find a job somewhere else.

Firing him based on 3 games is absurd...they could easily have won against us and Carolina...it's a game of bounces. 1 goal games. 2-1 and he doesn't get fired, 0-3 (two 1 goal games) and he's gone?

Flyers are an impatient bunch.

they have a lot of potential to be a great team but have no head it seems. at least the management doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad