Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

I like Gardiner but he takes far too many risks and needs to learn to play according to the score (he did that against Ottawa).

Kadri, we're not going to trade him just because the coach doesn't like him. If it ever came to the players vs. coach. The coach is always the one to go, never the player(s).

I haven't heard anything that suggests randy doesn't like kadri. Randy likes the fire that kadri has and is a fan of the kid.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I hope Carlyle matches MacKinnon line with Orr. For reasons. :naughty:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
When can O'Rielly be traded? January?

I could see a Gardiner/O'Rielly deal being made

A couple days before the trade deadline I believe.

Edit: And I don't think the Avs are gonna want to deal him. He's working out fairly well on the LW and Roy loves his game. Roy has also been quoted saying that the contract dispute is in the past and that they have turned over a new leaf with new management.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
A couple days before the trade deadline I believe.

Edit: And I don't think the Avs are gonna want to deal him. He's working out fairly well on the LW and Roy loves his game. Roy has also been quoted saying that the contract dispute is in the past and that they have turned over a new leaf with new management.

I would throw Kadri and a D prospect for O'Rielly. I feel he would fit the Leafs system better than Kadri.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
When can O'Rielly be traded? January?

I could see a Gardiner/O'Rielly deal being made

I would do it but where the hell would he even fit? Bozak(he's obviously better than Bozak), Kadri, Bolland and McClement down the middle, even if you shift McClement to LW and Bozak down are we really going to play Bolland on our 4th line?

Even if we keep him at LW which one of JVR or Lupul are going to be third line? Acquiring ROR to put him on the 3rd line wouldn't make much sense.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I would throw Kadri and a D prospect for O'Rielly. I feel he would fit the Leafs system better than Kadri.

So scoring at almost a PPG pace with 44 points in 48 games is not fitting into the system? :facepalm:

I love ROR and would love to have him but Naz is and will be the better player, mark my words. I wouldn't even trade Naz straight up for ROR.

Ideally it would be cool if our future was Kadri-ROR as a 1-2 punch down the middle for the future. Would have to get rid of Bozak though and that might piss Phil off.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-ROR-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin

Sick. But I can't see Bozak going anywhere for a long time so guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
I feel we match up very well with the Avs. I know they have a quick top 9, so I feel like we aren't going to miss McLaren, Clarkson or Fraser tonight, I want to be able to keep up with them. Losing Kulemin sucks, but but we are still icing a pretty quick top 9 ourselves, with the Avs defencies on D I for sure expect at least 3 goals.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I know this morning's practice lines were slightly different, but this is my best guess at the lines we'll be seeing tommorrow night.

These are last 2 season stats PLUS this year's stats, so it's actually 3-yr stats now:

Wow, this is an awesome post. I don't know if you do this every game, but this is neat to look at. Thanks for sharing!

Good luck guys. I'm looking forward to a fun, fast-paced, entertaining hockey game. Should be a good one!

P.S. I figured I'd cut out most of that post since it was pretty lengthy. I didn't want to annoy you guys since you are already pretty annoyed with most of us. :sarcasm:

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Love the angsty Colorado fans that have massive hate-ons for Toronto. They're trying so hard to make their team relevant.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
So scoring at almost a PPG pace with 44 points in 48 games is not fitting into the system? :facepalm:

I love ROR and would love to have him but Naz is and will be the better player, mark my words. I wouldn't even trade Naz straight up for ROR.

Ideally it would be cool if our future was Kadri-ROR as a 1-2 punch down the middle for the future. Would have to get rid of Bozak though and that might piss Phil off.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-ROR-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin

Sick. But I can't see Bozak going anywhere for a long time so guess we'll just have to deal with it.

i agree. although i'd trade kadri and gardiner for duchene or mackinnon + ?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Love the angsty Colorado fans that have massive hate-ons for Toronto. They're trying so hard to make their team relevant.

Peyton Manning is in Colorado...doesn't matter what they do, they won't be relevant in Colorado.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Our AHL d corpse is better than the Avalanche's. Dear lord they are awful.

If we don't win, it will be quite embarassing.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

edmonton is garbage

They are horrible. I said before I didn't think they would be automatically better than Calgary and Oilers fans started flaming me like I was some sort of Pejorative Slur. Time will tell but so far their team looks just as much like garbage as last year.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Back on the topic of the game tomorrow, I totally wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs lose. I don't think I've seen them play worse hockey since the start of last season than the past two games... just sloppy, defensive miscues that will sink us sooner rather than later.

Now, if they're able to regain a semblance of structured zone exits then we're in good shape. But as of now, even the tiniest of pressure from a forechecking forward gives our d-men massive headaches and leads to cringe worthy turnovers.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Back on the topic of the game tomorrow, I totally wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs lose. I don't think I've seen them play worse hockey since the start of last season than the past two games... just sloppy, defensive miscues that will sink us sooner rather than later.

Now, if they're able to regain a semblance of structured zone exits then we're in good shape. But as of now, even the tiniest of pressure from a forechecking forward gives our d-men massive headaches and leads to cringe worthy turnovers.

Our D so far:

Good
Phaneuf
Fraser, I liked him in the games he played.

Average:
Franson (that Ottawa game really sucked, he was good for the other two).
Gunnarsson
Rielly first NHL game so you can't expect fireworks but he looked much better as the game went on.

Bad:
Ranger
Gardiner.

Ranger loses the puck far too often
Gardiner played good against Ottawa...could have been better against Philly/MTL.

Players who lose the puck as soon as they see pressure: Gunnarsson, Ranger.
Silly mistakes at times: All of them.
Stupid mind boggling turnovers: Ranger.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Hey guys, Avs fan coming in peace. Here's hoping it's a good game as the Avs are very rarely on national tv:/ my best friend is a Leafs fan and we're watching it together so it should be interesting.

Im guessing 4-2 for the Leafs. You guys have a scary looking team this year, especially with bernier now.

Edit: Who's replacing Kulemin for this game?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Hey guys, Avs fan coming in peace. Here's hoping it's a good game as the Avs are very rarely on national tv:/ my best friend is a Leafs fan and we're watching it together so it should be interesting.

Im guessing 4-2 for the Leafs. You guys have a scary looking team this year, especially with bernier now.

Edit: Who's replacing Kulemin for this game?
Add like 2 #4 d men onto your team and your team is pretty scary.

Looks like Trevor Smith will be taking his place instead of Abbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille