Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I feel the majority of hate is brewed from trade proposals.. Which is quite stupid.

Anyways, Leafs have better d and goaltending, while the Avs have better forwards. Thinking Leafs win.

That was debatable on Saturday.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Sure thing ;)

It's honestly amazing how proposals in the worst section of these boards has caused so much animosity :laugh:

Good luck tomorrow. Leafs are my favorite eastern conference team.

Cheers, good luck too. While a lot of the fanbase annoys me on those boards, I like the team. You guys are headed in a good direction give me Mackinnon+Duchene+Landeskog over Hall+RNH+Yakupov anyday. All you need to do is trade Stastny for any sort of decent defensemen and flip ROR to us next year:nod:

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
is it just me or the Clarkson suspension feels like a long long time ago? Still very far away to see him in the lineup. It sucks!!

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
McLaren-McClement-Bodie will be an awesome 4th line. Damn Clarkson get in the lineup!

When is McLaren back? about 10 days?

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
as per Rick Sadowski from HockeyBuzz:

-Semyon Varlamov is scheduled to start in goal against the Maple Leafs.
-Defenseman Ryan Wilson practiced for the second day in a row, but he won't play in Toronto.
-Free-agent signee Nate Guenin will remain in the lineup
-Captain Gabriel Landeskog also practiced again after missing Friday's game with a leg injury. He will return to left wing on a line with Paul Stastny and Alex Tanguay.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I mean come on, that Avalanche D-corps isn't even as good as the Marlies D-corps.

How can't Nonis convince the avalanche that they need Liles? even if he has to eat $1-2m of his caphit? Liles would be a hugetime upgrade on most of those dmen.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I mean come on, that Avalanche D-corps isn't even as good as the Marlies D-corps.

How can't Nonis convince the avalanche that they need Liles? even if he has to eat $1-2m of his caphit? Liles would be a hugetime upgrade on most of those dmen.

go find all the advanced stats that you can which show how liles is better, and we will hit up the trade forums gogogo

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
The avs will have a cup contending forward corps. That much is obvious.

They have a #2 in Johnson and barrie could be a #3. Maybe Seimens/ Elliot can round out the #4 in the future. They still need that #1, even if he isn't elite. I don't know where they will get him though. Outside of FA, if they trade for one, another part of their team will receive a heavy blow.

Varlamov is okay too, but I don't know if he was worth that price (considering schneider was traded for the 9th overall)

I am happy for the avs though, they finally received new management. Their last gm was absolute garbage.

Asif16*

Avs suck though.

They will go on a 6 game losing streak starting tomm. Book it

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I hear that. It's weird -- I love the Avs because Joe Sakic and Roy were two of my favourite players as a kid, and I know some great Avs fans in real life, but their HF contingent (clearly with some exceptions) sucks. Good luck finding a smugger group of pseudo-intellects with a staggering superiority complex anywhere else outside r/atheism.

Another gem by 7even. How did I miss this one? The r/atheism line was great :laugh:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
It is absurd. Flyers are a joke.

You go through the entire off season with the coach and then fire him based on 3 games? Lavy should have been fired as soon as the season ended...it would have given him a chance to find a job somewhere else.

Oh. Do not worry. Oilers are 0-3 and NJ is up on them 3-0 in 3rd. There could be job opening very soon.

Hm... Never mind. Oilers somehow got SO win, getting the lead and then surrendering SH goal in last minute to gift one point to NJ (grrrrr....).

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
The air is very thin and these people spend their whole lives out there. They start seeing UFOs immediately after sundown and they never get any REM sleep because they believe government forces are on their way to confiscate their guns. They've heard of Toronto but believe it resides on an asteroid in the Keiper belt. Why should we worry what they think?

I died.

You guys kill me. Every damn GDT I read, I'm "Lmao" :)

Anywho, May the good guys win!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is a game that worries me a little bit. Obviously the Avs are a rebuilding team, so I hope we don't take them lightly. Need to use our speed to pressure their weak D and get lots of traffic in front of Varlamov.

I believe this team can beat anyone, issue is everyone is human so you're not going to get the same result in every game..this is the biggest reason why I don't worry any game unless it has serious implications. We're not going to win every game. If we lose tonight, it's not the end of the world, so why worry. Just watch tonight and enjoy it. I hope we kill them but a mid week game like this against a Western team I could see this as a trap game, we'll see what happens.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
That was debatable on Saturday.
Believe me, Colorado would love to have a d that rock solid.

Leafs will get the win but Colorado will be the first legitimate test for Bernier & the defence. Hopefully we see an improvement on the defensive end and Bernier continues his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino