Prospect Info: Cole Perfetti, 10th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Tampa just one with 5"9 center Point as their top C.

Other centers in around the same height as Perfetti:

Franchise C's:
Giroux
Crosby
Pavelski
Daysuk

2Cs:

Granlund
Trocheck
Domi
The funny thing is the most of these guys never get knocked for their height. They are strong on their skates and that makes a huge difference.

Perfetti looks strong on his skates. I'm just curious to see how that translates against bigger players.

Specific to Tampa and Point... Johnson, Gourde are both smaller than Point. This is becoming closer to the new norm.

Flashback Friday:
As much of a mess as Burmistrov was, he was small, but he could our-power just about anyone in the corner. Remember his putting Chara on his ass?

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic (not a burner by any means) were both 5'11" which is Cole Perfetti's height.
And if his hockey sense is as good as advertised he will be fine. I remember when a certain #99 showed up to play in the big leagues...he was so skinny I thought he would get killed and out of hockey before a few games were played. Turns out his smarts were enough for him to "squeak by".

Nov 24, 2006
And if his hockey sense is as good as advertised he will be fine. I remember when a certain #99 showed up to play in the big leagues...he was so skinny I thought he would get killed and out of hockey before a few games were played. Turns out his smarts were enough for him to "squeak by".
For sure, and there's been a bunch of others too, such as Yzerman and Sakic.

Size is just one of the tools in the toolbox so to speak. Guys can excel in the NHL if they have enough of those tools - they don't need every one.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think ita more the fact that there is likely not to be an OHL season so if he is going to get any playing time outside of the WJC then it really can only happen at the NHL level.
It won't be more than 9 games.
People need to take a reality pill.

Reactions: DRW204

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yes but we know Jets likely don't contend without him, and it sucks to think about two years of bubbling. I guess Stastny moved the needle, but still, Perfetti likely a big piece of the future
he will not be the difference one way or the other whether the Jets contend this year or not.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would much rather him be in the OHL but the team is going to have to decide what is best for his development if he has nowhere to play.
Having no where for him to play after the WJC would be a terrible thing for his development. I can see under those circumstances the Jets try to development him on the big club to avoid a significant setback.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Having no where for him to play after the WJC would be a terrible thing for his development. I can see under those circumstances the Jets try to development him on the big club to avoid a significant setback.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with wanting him on the big team. They just might not have much of a choice but to keep him up with the Jets.

Even if the OHL goes it will be be with no body contact so just how much will he get out of it.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015

Agree with this sentiment. But I really don`t understand if there is any flexibility for the Jets to arrange for the kid to be transferred out of the OHL so as to play where there is no rule change. Do you have any thoughts ?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
can't the AHL alter their eligibility rules given the circumstances?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That is assuming the AHL even goes as well. I would imagine of it does NHL teams would be lobbying the league to make exceptions for this year.
I don't have a ton of faith that there will be an NHL season. The economics don't work without fans in the stands.

Anything else is an even longer shot.

* Fingers crossed that we have hockey. *

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
That is assuming the AHL even goes as well. I would imagine of it does NHL teams would be lobbying the league to make exceptions for this year.

Do you feel that all of Junior Hockey will follow this action? Or could the WHL .for example, go ahead as normal?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't have a ton of faith that there will be an NHL season. The economics don't work without fans in the stands.

Anything else is an even longer shot.

* Fingers crossed that we have hockey. *

I believe a shortened season is economically feasible due to the NHL getting the full amount on their TV contracts no matter how many games they play. If NHL players get a prorated salary I think it's doable.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
The Q is going forward as is without fighting. No idea on the WHL front.

The biggest issue for Perfetti at present is that he plays for an American club (Saginaw) that would have to be cleared to cross the Border, with quarantine issues. Things get messy quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany