Prospect Info: Cole Perfetti, 10th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
lowry had one real solid year.

Copp is there better, more valuable player.
Lowry is solid defensively almost all the time.
He isn't getting paid to score, he is getting paid to shut down the otheer team's best lines.
I'd rather have Lowry on my team over Copper in the playoffs EVERY day of the week and twice on Sundays... don't get me wrong, I like Copper a lot. I think he became our smartest D player once Armia was traded...
Lowry was one of the best players against Calgary and one of the best against the Ducks. Didn't come near Scheif's or Buff's value in the run we went on but they were beasting.
I really like Copper on Lowry's wing and if MP was the other winger, Maurice could play Harkins-Roslo-Apples as the 3rd line.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I believe a shortened season is economically feasible due to the NHL getting the full amount on their TV contracts no matter how many games they play. If NHL players get a prorated salary I think it's doable.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the TV contracts are relatively tiny.

The Sportsnet contract was reported to be worth between 300M and 500M annually.

The NBC contract was said to be worth about 200M per year.

5-700M won't carry them very far.

Would the rest of the burden be on local team' s cable deals?

Contrast this the the NBA, who's contract with TNT is worth 2.66 Billion annually.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
He isn't getting paid to score, he is getting paid to shut down the otheer team's best lines.
I'd rather have Lowry on my team over Copper in the playoffs EVERY day of the week and twice on Sundays... don't get me wrong, I like Copper a lot. I think he became our smartest D player once Armia was traded...
Lowry was one of the best players against Calgary and one of the best against the Ducks. Didn't come near Scheif's or Buff's value in the run we went on but they were beasting.
I really like Copper on Lowry's wing and if MP was the other winger, Maurice could play Harkins-Roslo-Apples as the 3rd line.

We'll never get any secondary scoring out of our bottom 6 as long as Lowry's here. Fully expect Chevy to give him a raise + too much term & NTC next summer too. :facepalm:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
We'll never get any secondary scoring out of our bottom 6 as long as Lowry's here. Fully expect Chevy to give him a raise + too much term & NTC next summer too. :facepalm:

That's not so much a Lowry problem as a coaching problem.

I don't expect too much term for a bottom 6 player. I don't think that's happened yet (unless someone counts some of our top 6 contracts and argues that they're actually bottom 6 players :laugh:)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

I don't expect too much term for a bottom 6 player. I don't think that's happened yet (unless someone counts some of our top 6 contracts and argues that they're actually bottom 6 players :laugh:)
Chris Thorburn's three year deal comes to mind.
Mark Stuart got 4 years too.

Lowry is far more effective than either of them were, but Chevy has a history of giving the the worst player on the team a multi-year contract.

I'm really curious to see how he approaches the Expansion Draft.

On topic: Perfetti is a prospect of note.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the TV contracts are relatively tiny.

The Sportsnet contract was reported to be worth between 300M and 500M annually.

The NBC contract was said to be worth about 200M per year.

5-700M won't carry them very far.

Would the rest of the burden be on local team' s cable deals?

Contrast this the the NBA, who's contract with TNT is worth 2.66 Billion annually.

Those local deals can be pretty lucrative. Say on average another 15 to 20 million per team. Plus sponsorship.

The NHL needs to sign a new American TV agreement next summer so I expect them to want to get a season in as a precursor to that.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Dang, didn't realize this was the Perfetti thread. My apologies for going off topic.

On topic: I'm really excited about Perfetti participating at the WJC. Hoping he does well.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This Thread has taken some interesting turns. As a few of you have mentioned, this is one of the havens of positivity on the HF Jets Board.

I do not really have anything to offer in regards to insight on the Player. However, I'll share my thoughts which have nothing to do with Analytics nor anything resembling sports related science.

I'm a believer in the magic of Hawerchuk. 10th overall, announced by Crystal (who is cutting f***ing onions, dammit). Again, I know none of this has any basis in a quantified way and feelings are of little consequence. However, much like the majority of you, I will cheer for this young man to carry on Dale's legacy. I do not mean that I'm putting Cole on Ducky's level nor Mark's.

I only mean that I'm old-fashioned when it comes to cheering for Players who have a connection with the history of the franchise. I believe in Cole Perfetti and proud of how this organization honoured #10 in this years Draft. How fortunate are we to potentially have our #1 & #2 Centers connected to a Legend.

200.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This Thread has taken some interesting turns. As a few of you have mentioned, this is one of the havens of positivity on the HF Jets Board.

I do not really have anything to offer in regards to insight on the Player. However, I'll share my thoughts which have nothing to do with Analytics nor anything resembling sports related science.

I'm a believer in the magic of Hawerchuk. 10th overall, announced by Crystal (who is cutting f***ing onions, dammit). Again, I know none of this has any basis in a quantified way and feelings are of little consequence. However, much like the majority of you, I will cheer for this young man to carry on Dale's legacy. I do not mean that I'm putting Cole on Ducky's level nor Mark's.

I only mean that I'm old-fashioned when it comes to cheering for Players who have a connection with the history of the franchise. I believe in Cole Perfetti and proud of how this organization honoured #10 in this years Draft. How fortunate are we to potentially have our #1 & #2 Centers connected to a Legend.

200.gif

Robin Williams was great in Good Will Hunting

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looking forward to watching Perfetti on the world stage this December. The team will be stacked so he may play a less prominent role but it should be fun non the less.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018

Andrew Copp is better than Lowry in every measurable metric available. Lowry is a nice player to have on your 4th line, but overpaying for that kind of guy is how you get in cap trouble.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I’d like to see stastny resigned for another year and go with him and Perfetti as your middle six centers next year and possibly even this year. Kinda reminds me of a better version of Scheifele and Jokinen.

Reactions: Bob E and ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Off topic: does anyone know the rationale behind going no hitting? Couldn't possibly be covid... these guys are still gonna be beside each other constantly

Back on topic: with that rule in place, does it even make sense for Cole to play there? Couldn't be good for his development. He was already up there in scoring as an 18 year old playing against bigger, older guys.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So if Perfetti makes team canada and they play the world j tournament. Who would be his best line mates?

He played with Lapierre at the U18 and tore it up.

I'm guessing with Byfield and Dach in the team they will likely use him as a winger with one of the two.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Lowry does shine even more in the playoffs, but only in his role. Regular season play, I see more value and production in Copp's overall play. With Harkins rising up and If Roslo is resigned? and shows some new level of fit, compete and output. I could see a very strong potential 3rd line in Harkins-rookie Perfetti and-Roslo.
4th would leave some "regulars" to fight it out for icetime with Copp & Lowry, as in Perreault, Appleton, Nate Thompson and Ahl'er Dom Toninato.
Do we even need Roslo to resign?? Is he really better so far than Apples or Copp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad