Prospect Info: Cole Perfetti, 10th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd prefer to watch hockey for sure. I just don't think no body checking solves players not getting infected so I don't understand their rationale in changing it

It can only be some kind of attempt to appear to be trying to be as responsible as possible. I don't believe hockey without body-checking is even a tiny bit less likely to transmit Covid than hockey with body-checking.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I believe a shortened season is economically feasible due to the NHL getting the full amount on their TV contracts no matter how many games they play. If NHL players get a prorated salary I think it's doable.

Is the TV money confirmed? Seems a little strange. The networks could end up with a fraction of their normal games.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Those local deals can be pretty lucrative. Say on average another 15 to 20 million per team. Plus sponsorship.

The NHL needs to sign a new American TV agreement next summer so I expect them to want to get a season in as a precursor to that.

What do you mean, plus sponsorship? Sponsorship of what by who?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What do you mean, plus sponsorship? Sponsorship of what by who?

Well the league has sponsors so they will also get cash from them for various marketing and advertising. I believe Daly mentioned that they got increased sponsorship revenue from the playins.

I believe their worst case scenario was estimated at $1.8 billion in revenue.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lowry does shine even more in the playoffs, but only in his role. Regular season play, I see more value and production in Copp's overall play. With Harkins rising up and If Roslo is resigned? and shows some new level of fit, compete and output. I could see a very strong potential 3rd line in Harkins-rookie Perfetti and-Roslo.
4th would leave some "regulars" to fight it out for icetime with Copp & Lowry, as in Perreault, Appleton, Nate Thompson and Ahl'er Dom Toninato.
Do we even need Roslo to resign?? Is he really better so far than Apples or Copp?
Two questions...
Do you mean Perfetti on a line next season?
Why wouldn't you want to re-sign Roslo?

Copper mighht be a better all around player but I'll take Lowry in the playoffs every day of the week.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They should enact "no spitting on the ice or benches", if the purpose is to help eliminate possible covid spread!?? Good luck with all that!
Totally agree, i played sports all my life and never had to spit like these guys do. And while we are at it , how about putting the mouth guard in your mouth instead of chewing on it. :laugh:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Maybe they are trying to reduce injuries to prevent hospital visits?

Otherwise the body check thing doesn't make sense to me

Reactions: Halberdier

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well the league has sponsors so they will also get cash from them for various marketing and advertising. I believe Daly mentioned that they got increased sponsorship revenue from the playins.

I believe their worst case scenario was estimated at $1.8 billion in revenue.

You mean like "the official coffee of the NHL", etc? That can't add up to a huge amount. 1.8 bil = 58 mil per team. If that includes local TV money, it is not distributed evenly. If not, it would seem like a high number.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You mean like "the official coffee of the NHL", etc? That can't add up to a huge amount. 1.8 bil = 58 mil per team. If that includes local TV money, it is not distributed evenly. If not, it would seem like a high number.

There are still untapped sources of revenue for the NHL, you know. :nod:

spa-pbc.jpg

Reactions: Halberdier

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Not good for players like Perfetti to go a season without hitting and then come into the nhl with Weber lining them up for a hit.

Ontario Ice Capades League

Reactions: Jets 31

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It can only be some kind of attempt to appear to be trying to be as responsible as possible. I don't believe hockey without body-checking is even a tiny bit less likely to transmit Covid than hockey with body-checking.
i would guess that body checking increases the risk factor by a bit. closer proximity. you hit someone and you both forcibly exhale.
that being said, it's guys breathing heavy for their 45 second shift and then sitting on a packed bench, that's what the risk factor is.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille