Speculation: Coaching Discussion

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
really, i thought Rutta and here i would have a problem. i know that sharp would be the other d-man on this line, but maybe hayden, hino or hell another d-man to compliment rutta.
Well ruttas currently Injured but it seems it's just throw the quickest players all together on unit 2. Though no hino

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The most recent Florida game notwithstanding, the team has been giving up fewer and fewer shots over the last stretch of games... even the games they lost.

I don't know how much share of that is due to Q, to Ulf, to the players themselves. But Q surely deserves some credit for this team tightening up and climbing their way out of the basement as far as opposition shots and chances against. So I will give him that credit.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and Rooh

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What PP units would everyone run?

PP1

88-15-20 (rover)
42-12

PP2

88-19-8 (rover)
2 (not really my choice but Q and KD are going to Q)-82?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sp Q calls another optional practice ...Toews Saad Anisimov Keith Seabs and CC all absent...Anisimov was at last optional so maybe this is a scheduled off day for him or at least he gets to claim 1 optional off ..Keith and Seabs are old vets and probably need extra sleep though to say they cannot improve with practice given their poor production is a bit much...Tiews and Saad...going off..Again..it seems at every optional..by some divine right ...Country a Club to the max. . $16.5 million cost per yr and they goof'off again ..what leadership?What inspiration?They surely are playing at the top of their form to "deserve" alk these recess times off ,right? THIS "SPECIAL TREATMENT" to allow so much goofing off at optimal practices (there should be no optimal practices...only mandated maintenance days off practice...but alas Q does not operate logically like that...Rather he insists on optional practices ..and when key guys who make big bucks do not show...no conseqiences)...This is total Country Club to the max..

Toews is always "tired" and Q maybe hoping extra rest( even in situations like this where tge Hawks have not played for a few days and should be able to get up early for a morning practice or skate ) will help Toews ,you know...actually "star" for a change..But maybe Toews us tired..after all . All that extra time given for commercials and charity appearances. .etc...You know...anything but full concentration in his primary job...Instead I guess Toews is a slave to the Marketing and PR departments ...Everything bit hockey..so he gets to goof'off hockey practices made optional to accommodate his non-hockey schedule. .But Kane showed up for this optional practice ..He too makes commercials and charity appearances. .so how come he us not as "tired"? AND what is tge Saad excuse ..how can he claim he needs extra goof'off time given his marvelous production so far thiscseason..practice cannot help his game?

So what is it with Q allowing. ..tolerating. .so many optional goof offs by thevusual cast of suspects ?Something is rotten in the state of Q-mark .

Reactions: Rolo

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Some have pointed out that from the 2013-15 seasons Hawks had no morning optional skates the day of a 6 pm. game and they won 2 Cups in that period of time ...BI do nit know tge club policy on optional morning skates before a 6pm game for the 2010 Vup winning season...did they pkay 6pm games tgat season? OR may bethidvdidvhave morning skates back then which defeats the rationale for not having them if it helps produce Cup wins ..But in any case Q has put in an optional skate policy for days of 6pm games after the 2015 Cup season ..And with no Cups for 2 straight seasons one arguing not to schedule optional practices for mornings of 6pm starts ,this might be a goid reason to criticize Q ...except that of you are going to schedule morning skates the day of 6pm starts ,it would be helpful if the key leaders and higher paid players on the team alk showed up so that theirv dedication would inspire the yutes and the grunts of the lower paid class to "get what it takes" in sacrificing late sleeps in order to improve and be sharp for games ...
Whatever...the time of these optional skates is 9:49 am. .so you mean Toews and Saad and Keith and Seabrook cannot drag themselves out of bed to show up that"early" in the morning for such skates?I bet you if you got $5 to $10.5 million per year you would manage to drag yourself outbox bed to get to these optional opportunities to inspire the lesser paid yutes and others that ..look...big stars are doing this with joy. . So that is the attitude you want on a team..All for 1 and 1 for all. ..not "I'm special.. I deserve to stay up late on Saturday Night so I can sleep late the next morning" ... IF you ate going to have a policy of optional morning skates tge day of 6pm starts,Everybody who is not injured should be there ..it is diingenuous of Q to tell the media that "we try to get them to stay away " (his stars exercising their goof off option ) but that Kane (who did show up this morning,) is one of those guys who love to be at the rink...Does this mean Toews Saad and Keith and Seabrook..do not love to be anywhere near the rink? THATV THEY DO not love their jobs ?Look if you are board big $$$ to produce and to inspire the lesser paid on the team. ..Either you inspire by excelling in the games proving you do not even need any more time at the rink ...or if you are not excelling at the games ,you show up for optional practices to show others you still care enough to want to be better in games via practicing till you can schiefele better game performances..Tge 1 thing you should never do forvooruonal practices /skates I'd Gail to bother to get up and get there forvthevseason burdensome brutal early 9:30 am time of such optional events .You do not use your option to go missing from these skates because you have deluded yourselves they cannot help improve your flaws .

Reactions: Rolo

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
. .But Kane showed up for this optional practice ..He too makes commercials and charity appearances. .so how come he us not as "tired"?

So what is it with Q allowing. ..tolerating. .so many optional goof offs by thevusual cast of suspects ?Something is rotten in the state of Q-mark .

I think Kane has a different love of the game than most players, almost Michael Jordan like IMO.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You cannot run a power play in the modern NHL without 3-4 different shooting options. You have to have guys on their offhanded side. Penalty killers are too good to stop every single pass before shooting it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You cannot run a power play in the modern NHL without 3-4 different shooting options. You have to have guys on their offhanded side. Penalty killers are too good to stop every single pass before shooting it.

It is insane to me that this even has to be pointed out. This is Power Play 101 for f*** sakes.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You can pass guys open or skate yourself open. Keith does neither. It's criminal that they keep trotting him out on the first unit.

Sharp on the point of the second unit is just as goofy.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You can pass guys open or skate yourself open. Keith does neither. It's criminal that they keep trotting him out on the first unit.

that as a whole, is very problematic however at this point, the Bhawks are winning.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Truly is one of the wildest things. It isn't working, its never been good and one of the only things left to try is to not have Keith on it at all. He seems like the common denominator here.

It is insane to me that this even has to be pointed out. This is Power Play 101 for **** sakes.

This is what drives me absolutely insane. There is no 3 L 2 R or 3 R 2 L setups being run. Its always like 4 and 1. Hell they even trotted two different units out there, one all left and one all right, which has only been done one other time in like the history of the NHL. Mike Keenan has to go. HAS to go.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

What do you mean?!?!?!?! One-timers are actually a necessity on the PP???? Whodathunkit?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What do you mean?!?!?!?! One-timers are actually a necessity on the PP???? Whodathunkit?

We have our 10u players that are capable, using one timers.... And learning to recognize the advantage of being on your off-wing in the offensive zone... They already get it.

The fact that this coaching staff doesn't get it, absolutely blows my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad