Speculation: Coaching Discussion

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm being completely serious, I really think Kieth has an agreement in his contract or a handshake agreement with Bowman and Q stating that he'll always be on PP1. No matter what.

If PP time was decided by merit then Kieth would have absolutely no business being there. He simply looks bad there more often than not and it's tough to explain why he's still there

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Maybe we can rehire Alpo Suhonen.

alpo-sample.png

Reactions: LordKOTL

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm being completely serious, I really think Kieth has an agreement in his contract or a handshake agreement with Bowman and Q stating that he'll always be on PP1. No matter what.

If PP time was decided by merit then Kieth would have absolutely no business being there. He simply looks bad there more often than not and it's tough to explain why he's still there

Actually it speaks volumes of how incompetent Q has become.

He doesn't teach offense. No sheet batman. And the fact that Dineen hasn't changed Q's mind is equally damning. I had hopes for Kevin but now I'm thinking that he is just another yes man.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not only Keith does not deserve PP time...Toews vs on 1st pp unit ..yes he get $10.5 but still he has produced only 2 g 2a on the pp m.wh8vj frankly is PIUTRID ...has no business being employed there at all with those lousy numbers! !!Compare to rookie Brock Boeser who Canucks feature on their 1st PP unit...he has 15 pp points on 9 g and 6 a ...The 15 points is nearly half of all his points .The goals are half his 18 goals..he loves to direct he 1 timer from the left dot as does Ovechkin and Stamkos ..so true Toews is a C not a LW ..but still 4 lousy pp points..no way that deserves pp time in even 2nd unit..Why does Q think he has to play Toews on the pp just because Stan gave hom the $10.5 deal?You should EARN your Po time by proving you can put up the pp points...goals and or assists ..Clearly D-Cat shoukd be tge 1st unit PP LW as any dunce realizes his shoiting % at over 20% Shoukd be most effective given the most time on a PP (first unit usually gets 1:30 to get a score before spelled for last 30 seconds by 2nd pp unit if 1st unit faiks to score) ..but dumbkopf Q employs ineffective guys like Toews forc1:30 of a 2 min pp ..and gives D-Cat only then last 30 seconds on 2nd unit..This is INSANITY ...stop bowing to the cap,and to vet loyalty (Toews and Keith and Seabrook) ...time to let others rove if they can be proficient on the pp ...it shoukd beva meritocracy not some obligation because of the cap or vet "feelings".WTF is Q doing?

Also ...just study the great Post. .and nd have that one -timer guy from the left dot (to defending goalie's right) who shoots Right from the left side on one-time. ..since Toews would be useless getting pucks to D-Cat for 1 timer ..you need a C who can do that once we are set up in thebo-zone ..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Honestly, even if the Blackhawks get kicked in the first round or miss entirely this season, I wouldn't be shocked if Q stays.

I'm coming around on the belief that there are 2 people in the Blackhawks organization that can get Q fired.

#19 and #88.

If they say 'enough', he's gone tomorrow.

If the team went 0-82 and they said 'we want Q', he'd stay.

Which isn't to say I think the bullet goes to Stan this season if they miss. I just think this team is in a holding pattern for a good long while.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Actually it speaks volumes of how incompetent Q has become.

He doesn't teach offense. No sheet batman. And the fact that Dineen hasn't changed Q's mind is equally damning. I had hopes for Kevin but now I'm thinking that he is just another yes man.
Theo Epstein has a great view of leadership. Sometimes, there needs to be change at the top. Even the voices of the greatest of leaders are drown out in time. It's human nature.

Hence, there are 2 options:
1. Replace the roster ... especially, the core.
2. Replace the voice of leadership.

Scotty Bowman understood this too. That's why he moved around. Perhaps it's time for Q because the Hawks can't replace the roster, especially the core.

That's not to say Q can't continue be a great coach. However, circumstances specifically with the Hawks have changed.

Reactions: BK

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Honestly, even if the Blackhawks get kicked in the first round or miss entirely this season, I wouldn't be shocked if Q stays.

I'm coming around on the belief that there are 2 people in the Blackhawks organization that can get Q fired.

#19 and #88.

If they say 'enough', he's gone tomorrow.

If the team went 0-82 and they said 'we want Q', he'd stay.

Which isn't to say I think the bullet goes to Stan this season if they miss. I just think this team is in a holding pattern for a good long while.

Stan moved out Hammer and Panarin this summer. I think you're wrong on this.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
who is at fault, Q or SB.

there is a relationship going on here with this answer. it is called Cause and Effect.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
who is at fault, Q or SB.

there is a relationship going on here with this answer. it is called Cause and Effect.

Both have some responsibility but the team has the parts to succeed but Q is failing to put the players in the position to do so. Bad systems, bad lines, and an overall lack of preparation that Q has show this year is pathetic.

Sharp on the first line....come on.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the relationship it there and i for 1 look at it, every time the Bhawks as a team performed as they have in the past 2 games.

my question of Q game-plan has not change, for the life of me, i am sooo confuse at the logic of it.

but it goes back a little further, the player at are decided on the team roster .... well one can and rightfully so, so on the roster, that was identified at the beginning of the season. Q name his defensive corp based on the personnel at his disposal.

but again it goes back alittle further, ref the salary cap, there is no room in the salary to really fix the team, via Fa's or trades .

yet it goes back even further and that is the beginning of my rant, SB should have the blame laid on him, b/c of Seabs contract and failure to fix the team. however the beginning of the whole sordid mess all comes from the moment, the GM failure at this part of his job, never was able to proper identify how the team he assemble will do in the future seasons.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
the relationship it there and i for 1 look at it, every time the Bhawks as a team performed as they have in the past 2 games.

my question of Q game-plan has not change, for the life of me, i am sooo confuse at the logic of it.

but it goes back a little further, the player at are decided on the team roster .... well one can and rightfully so, so on the roster, that was identified at the beginning of the season. Q name his defensive corp based on the personnel at his disposal.

but again it goes back alittle further, ref the salary cap, there is no room in the salary to really fix the team, via Fa's or trades .

yet it goes back even further and that is the beginning of my rant, SB should have the blame laid on him, b/c of Seabs contract and failure to fix the team. however the beginning of the whole sordid mess all comes from the moment, the GM failure at this part of his job, never was able to proper identify how the team he assemble will do in the future seasons.

Q decided the team out of training camp for the last time. This team is playing well below their talent level. Until the coach can fix his system and get lines right the blame should start and end there. Q has been awful this season.

You say you “rant” about Bowman but other than Seabrook you don’t really bring up anything valid. Don’t be BWC.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Q decided the team out of training camp for the last time. This team is playing well below their talent level. Until the coach can fix his system and get lines right the blame should start and end there. Q has been awful this season.

You say you “rant” about Bowman but other than Seabrook you don’t really bring up anything valid. Don’t be BWC.
i have admitted i am split in half about SB and i can see what he is good for. Scouting, and the draft. but i also admit that SB sux at, esp in the past about Fa signing and contracts. and trading.

the biggest problem is no matter how many good atta boys a person does, it only takes 1 oh shit to ruin it. now you mention BW and my constant rant, the biggest problem is how i see it, as many have done the same on their rants. but i am fair in my criticism and it really start and finish with the 1. owners 2. Gm 3. coaches and last the players. in this scheme of problems is and will always start with the gm assembling and giving the coach the players to perform while it is then the coaches job to make it work.

so Q is and deserves this share of the blame, esp on the line up and playing fav's. but the key is and in this case all falls on the gm and not being able to really fix this team, b/c of the salary constraints.

now for the other points on my rants, i have done it on keith, broume, franson, panik, and sharp. so i bring all the ones i see who are having a problem with the style the hawks are trying to do. however beside, keith Seabs is the most visible problem for many reasons.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i have admitted i am split in half about SB and i can see what he is good for. Scouting, and the draft. but i also admit that SB sux at, esp in the past about Fa signing and contracts. and trading.

the biggest problem is no matter how many good atta boys a person does, it only takes 1 oh **** to ruin it. now you mention BW and my constant rant, the biggest problem is how i see it, as many have done the same on their rants. but i am fair in my criticism and it really start and finish with the 1. owners 2. Gm 3. coaches and last the players. in this scheme of problems is and will always start with the gm assembling and giving the coach the players to perform while it is then the coaches job to make it work.

so Q is and deserves this share of the blame, esp on the line up and playing fav's. but the key is and in this case all falls on the gm and not being able to really fix this team, b/c of the salary constraints.

now for the other points on my rants, i have done it on keith, broume, franson, panik, and sharp. so i bring all the ones i see who are having a problem with the style the hawks are trying to do. however beside, keith Seabs is the most visible problem for many reasons.

What bad free agent signings has he made? Bouma and Wingels have exceeded their deals. Rutta and Kempny are good finds. Kampf looks like a keeper. This is the problem I have with your rant, it does not line up with what has happened. The Seabrook and Bickell deals are his big mistakes.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What bad free agent signings has he made? Bouma and Wingels have exceeded their deals. Rutta and Kempny are good finds. Kampf looks like a keeper. This is the problem I have with your rant, it does not line up with what has happened. The Seabrook and Bickell deals are his big mistakes.
sharp and bourma for me .... the other of Rutta and Kempny are more like a scouting success. that is the difference . they are rookies finds while the others are vet signings.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i serious think we should start rethinking the post of listing coaches that can be brought in to fix this ship. whether it is a permanent fix or to help on a temp basis until the end of the season.

i am still for D. Sutter or M. Keenan.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
sharp and bourma for me .... the other of Rutta and Kempny are more like a scouting success. that is the difference . they are rookies finds while the others are vet signings.

Bouma has out performed his deal and has been a solid 4th line player (along with Wingles).

Sharp has been meh but he was signed for under the hide able amount and to all of our "shock" he has lost a lot of his impact.

Kempny and Rutta are FA signings so the spin can stop there.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Bouma has out performed his deal and has been a solid 4th line player (along with Wingles).

Sharp has been meh but he was signed for under the hide able amount and to all of our "shock" he has lost a lot of his impact.

The problem with the Sharp signing is not his salary. It is that Patrick effingSharp is on the roster and who will have the stones to take him off the roster?

A broken down Ford Taurus might be able to get me to work and back but I don't want it either.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

i was never confident on the Sharp and the reasoning of signing him. period....... and i have stated that before when the signing was done.

Bouma, yea i agree with you, but it is bad when we are talking up the value of his signing as suppose to missing the other part of this team. like maybe signing a better D-man to help this team, or making a better impact with both bouma and sharp contract with a better d-man.

kempny and rutta, while i do in some ways disagree with you on there identifiable tag.... meaning ufa or a rookie signing vs the definition of that. i am not spinning this to win a discussion but i will say that they are both a fa signing while being consider a rookie scouting ufa. so yeah they are free agents in that department. i would rather give SB more credit for his scouting ability.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
We need coaches that have modern systems and not dinosaurs.
I agree. Jeremy Colliton would be the easiest I would think to slide in would he not?
He is young but I think that might be what the players would respond to.
Not sure what to make of Toews and his relative health/motivation though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The problem with the Sharp signing is not his salary. It is that Patrick effingSharp is on the roster and who will have the stones to take him off the roster?

A broken down Ford Taurus might be able to get me to work and back but I don't want it either.

I agree but I also think for that salary I am ok with taking the risk of signing him with the hope he can get his game back (assuming he is finally healthy). Q is just too stubborn or stupid to put him in the right spot or sit him now.

I mean FFS Q took a natural center in Hino out to put Sharp back in and moved Hartman to center which severely impacts his impact. I am a supporter of Panik and think 38-48-14 should have been given more time to gel (last game he seemed more willing to hit on the forecheck which has been a good sign in the past).

TO BE CLEAR, Panik is not performing like he should.

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
We need coaches that have modern systems and not dinosaurs.
This 100%. Maybe with exception of one dino - Tortorella - would be fun to entertain to send with Panarin for Saad deal Q to Columbus for Tortorella. Being dino, he would stop this country club entitlement and make them work their butts for the paycheck they command.
Jokes aside, if Pens could find Sullivan to lead resurgent core maybe GM should try harder. Unless he gave another NMC this time to a coach with guaranteed 6 mln paycheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad