Dec 20, 2015
NYC
126890.jpg

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
who is at fault, Q or SB.

there is a relationship going on here with this answer. it is called Cause and Effect.

The real answer is who is who's boss, and if the upper brass get at the boss 1st.

Regardless of "fault", if McDonut doesn't can Stan 1st, Stan likely cans Q 1st, but either way unless the ship is righted quickly, I don't think one survives the other for long.

If Q goes 1st, the pressure is on Stan to produce, and I don't think the team turns it around quick enough barring a major enough turn-around from a young player (which also prices them out)--thus forcing Stan out.

If Stan goes 1st Q will still have a short leash given that the next GM will want his own people, and again will be expected to produce. If Q can't do it, they'll replace him.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The real answer is who is who's boss, and if the upper brass get at the boss 1st.

Regardless of "fault", if McDonut doesn't can Stan 1st, Stan likely cans Q 1st, but either way unless the ship is righted quickly, I don't think one survives the other for long.

If Q goes 1st, the pressure is on Stan to produce, and I don't think the team turns it around quick enough barring a major enough turn-around from a young player (which also prices them out)--thus forcing Stan out.

If Stan goes 1st Q will still have a short leash given that the next GM will want his own people, and again will be expected to produce. If Q can't do it, they'll replace him.
very good.... !!!

i really meant that as a rhetorical question, i really meant for the posters to really think about it. but for me, you called it. Q will need to go, i have been saying that the players has stopped listening to Q.

the other part of SB going, well it will never happen when daddy Bowman is employed by the Bhawks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I would be willing to bet my 401k on Stan outliving Q.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
very good.... !!!

i really meant that as a rhetorical question, i really meant for the posters to really think about it. but for me, you called it. Q will need to go, i have been saying that the players has stopped listening to Q.

the other part of SB going, well it will never happen when daddy Bowman is employed by the Bhawks.
For Q, I still think it 100% happens if the 'hawks fail to get past the 1st round or miss the playoffs. You can't fire the players and no one could or should be happy with 3 consecutive 1st round bounces (or worse).

For Stan, I disagree: it's more like if Stan goes so does his dad, but how much input does Scotty have nowadays? I don't think Stan is retained for that reason alone. If the idea is that Q's system is not the right system for the team and Q refuses to change, he'll be gone--with the implication that the incoming coach will have a better system, hence the team should produce. Thus, if he does go and they don't improve, what's the next step? The GM.

I would be willing to bet my 401k on Stan outliving Q.
I wouldn't, but that's just because I started my 401k very young and it's been doing just fine :D

But I would agree in general. I just don't like dealing in absolutes. I think Q goes before Stan, and barring a massive uptick in the club's quality with respect to end-of season results, Stan may follow soon after.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
For Q, I still think it 100% happens if the 'hawks fail to get past the 1st round or miss the playoffs. You can't fire the players and no one could or should be happy with 3 consecutive 1st round bounces (or worse).

For Stan, I disagree: it's more like if Stan goes so does his dad, but how much input does Scotty have nowadays? I don't think Stan is retained for that reason alone. If the idea is that Q's system is not the right system for the team and Q refuses to change, he'll be gone--with the implication that the incoming coach will have a better system, hence the team should produce. Thus, if he does go and they don't improve, what's the next step? The GM.
well i am surprise that SB still had his job, considering the recent fact of Seabs contract mistake. remember back in the day with ref to bickell contract, if i remember correctly the owners warned Sb if he does this again, he would be fired..... maybe not in those words. but for discussion purposes, lets assume that never happen.

but with ref to Q or SB ..... Q will be gone, he really over-stayed his time, even with the remainder of Q's contract.

SB still can scout with the best of them and his draft picks have been really good, considering where the team been drafting. SB still can offer alot for this team.

however i still think, the team needs to have someone else for trades and contract negotiation.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Stam is not the head of the amateur scouting dept..giving him credit for good draft picks given where we pick is a bit disingenuous. ..Mark Kelley as headboard amateur scouting should get credit or blame if our drafting gets praised or criticized..

Is our drafting so good even given our usual late drafting slots? Probably average ...We can point out lots of mistakes and better choices still on the board over what we picked since the Bowman were started.Skilke instead of Kopitar... a whopper of a mistake. ..and that is just 1 example.

More of a debate might be Stan caving and giving away high draft picks to go "all in" ...

Those moves usually do not pay off ..and even if they do ,you pay for it in more seasons when you are weakened by not having an asset in the lineup you could have otherwise drafted who is contributing to some other team's succeed. .It is 1 thing to give up a 3rd or 4th for some short-term help usually in your bottom six or as a depth dman..but quite another for a likely short term bust who fails to improve very our top six forwards or top 4 Dmen that you way overpaid for in first and or 2nd rounders to get.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
well i am surprise that SB still had his job, considering the recent fact of Seabs contract mistake. remember back in the day with ref to bickell contract, if i remember correctly the owners warned Sb if he does this again, he would be fired..... maybe not in those words. but for discussion purposes, lets assume that never happen.

but with ref to Q or SB ..... Q will be gone, he really over-stayed his time, even with the remainder of Q's contract.

SB still can scout with the best of them and his draft picks have been really good, considering where the team been drafting. SB still can offer alot for this team.

however i still think, the team needs to have someone else for trades and contract negotiation.

Do you have an proof in regards to the first paragraph?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Do you have an proof in regards to the first paragraph?
if i remembered correctly, i presented this whole statement once before. i believe it was when you again asked for proof which i presented. this went along the time i mention that SB had a trade in place at the draft time with Arz and it involve trading bickell but at the last minute ask for more in the rtn. soooo with that, you asked me several times for this proof, i am not going to go out and find it..... so lets assume i will let you, the posters to decided on the validity of it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
if i remembered correctly, i presented this whole statement once before. i believe it was when you again asked for proof which i presented. this went along the time i mention that SB had a trade in place at the draft time with Arz and it involve trading bickell but at the last minute ask for more in the rtn. soooo with that, you asked me several times for this proof, i am not going to go out and find it..... so lets assume i will let you, the posters to decided on the validity of it.

This is a whole new claim. “Stan was worked by the owners” (Rocky and who else?) If you can’t provide it chances are it is not real.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This is a whole new claim. “Stan was worked by the owners” (Rocky and who else?) If you can’t provide it chances are it is not real.
it is coincidence and surprising that you kinda of remember that other point, b/c you are not denying it. it was in that same article..... but for your narrative, i am ok with you declaring that it is not real, but it is real.......

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
it is coincidence and surprising that you kinda of remember that other point, b/c you are not denying it. it was in that same article..... but for your narrative, i am ok with you declaring that it is not real, but it is real.......

The other point means nothing in this conversation hence why I am not addressing it. Sorry but claiming something exists then refusing to link it screams bullshit at every level. Some of just like to see the source when big claims are made, this is how the world works now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The other point means nothing in this conversation hence why I am not addressing it. Sorry but claiming something exists then refusing to link it screams bull**** at every level.
and that is why i posted the little part of assuming it wasn't real...... for your most editorial Horace Greeley wanna be.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i am sooo glad i made your day.

You didn’t but you desperately trying to avoid linking a simple article did give me a solid chuckle but hey I get it, this is you making a stand when any normal human would have just linked the article if it existed. Keep fighting the good fluff fight.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You didn’t but you desperately trying to avoid linking a simple article did give me a solid chuckle but hey I get it, this is you making a stand when any normal human would have just linked the article if it existed. Keep fighting the good fluff fight.
that is why i said in the org statement what i said, b/c didn't feel like finding that article again..... but since it is your petty little need to have the last word, like most little kids needs it, i will let you have it..... ready, you can have it. i will not respond to your post.... promise.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Dude, you just wasted many posts back in forth backpeddling. Link your claims or be quiet about it. I'd like to see you source this as well.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Seriously...if any of us had any real insider information, we'd be working for the Blackhawks, not posting on one of their message boards.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ref to my previous discussion, i been trying to find the link.... which i can't. i remember posting it before when i was ask to post it. i should have kept it, but i didn't..... oh well.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
ref to my previous discussion, i been trying to find the link.... which i can't. i remember posting it before when i was ask to post it. i should have kept it, but i didn't..... oh well.

I asked for a link to a goofy claim about this situation and you provided one to an off hand slight chance Arizona might be interested in BB if memory serves. It's on you to back up your claims.

Reactions: BK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad