Value of: Claude Giroux to a contender

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The Panthers seem like an attractive spot. They are obviously very good, but I could also see them still losing in the first round given the competition and their high scoring ways that usually cool in the playoffs. Probably has an ok chance at a high pick I could see G waiving to live in FLA for some months with his fam.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
The Panthers seem like an attractive spot. They are obviously very good, but I could also see them still losing in the first round given the competition and their high scoring ways that usually cool in the playoffs. Probably has an ok chance at a high pick I could see G waiving to live in FLA for some months with his fam.
Fla too likely to win division so early exit would not matter. Rather Boston, Min, StL,

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
From Giroux's perspective, I'm not sure why FLA is so attractive. Yes, they have one of the best rosters in the league, and are playing like top team as well. But would I really want to pin one of the few cup runs I have left on playoff Bobrovsky?

Reactions: TheKingPin

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
From Giroux's perspective, I'm not sure why FLA is so attractive. Yes, they have one of the best rosters in the league, and are playing like top team as well. But would I really want to pin one of the few cup runs I have left on playoff Bobrovsky?
Bobrovsky is having an excellent year. You're galaxy braining it. Florida is a top contender in an area with nice weather for his family to live in if they temporarily move with him.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Grioux will go wherever he wants at he has a no trade protection. If he demands a trade to try and win a cup he will handpick his team. Yes the flyers can choose not to trade him and just lose him for nothing in free agency.

They might want a homerun return but it's really not up to them.

So Giroux hasn't asked for a trade. Already been reported that if he does, he will give the Flyers a small list of teams that he'd be willing to go to. Not just 1 team.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Bobrovsky is having an excellent year. You're galaxy braining it. Florida is a top contender in an area with nice weather for his family to live in if they temporarily move with him.
I'm not necessarily saying that Florida is a bad landing spot but he's not wrong that Giroux might have concerns about whether a long playoff run is in the cards there. Bob is having a good season but this is the same guy who was essentially a unanimous Vezina winner with an absolutely dominant season in '17 and then completely shit the bed in the playoffs allowing 20 goals in a quick 5 game series. Early on in his career I thought it was just weak teams and small sample sizes but now he's played 41 playoff games over 8 different seasons with 3 different teams and in 7 of those 8 playoff runs he was bad. He's the kind of guy that needs confidence to play well and Florida's defense, while improved, still isn't one that makes goalies feel warm and fuzzy. This could be the year he breaks his curse and goes on a long run but with a high likelihood that they play Toronto and Tampa in the first 2 rounds, it isn't a road the breeds confidence.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Haha 3 teams within 2 pts of one another does not sound like “too likely to win”. They are not in the Avs or Canes’ division
Tell me whats more likely: Florida, TB, Tor (same division capt obvious) winning their division or teams behind Colorado (different conference capt obvious) winning their division.

Too likely to win their division vs STL, Min winning their division.

Not rocket science.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I believe we have confirmation Risto wants to play for a contender. Do we have same with Giroux? All players want to win but what if he is perfectly happy in Philly?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You know we don’t have to trade him and can just resign him.

He’s clearly torn from reports whether he wants to go or stay.

I still think he’s gives a list of 5 teams or so and then comes back in the off-season.
Which means those few teams (I bet it’s 3) will make modest offers.

if Giroux is just running back to resign with a bad and rebuilding Philly team, I’d make a offer a 2023 1st and B prospect like Matt Steinberg or Sampo Ranta. Avs clearly are looking around the league beyond Giroux. Pure 20 game rentals + playoffs will fetch modest trades.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Tell me whats more likely: Florida, TB, Tor (same division capt obvious) winning their division or teams behind Colorado (different conference capt obvious) winning their division.

Not rocket science.
Right but we are obviously saying G wants to go to the team. So it’s a give and take. Best team that will get out in the first round.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I believe we have confirmation Risto wants to play for a contender. Do we have same with Giroux? All players want to win but what if he is perfectly happy in Philly?
In that case, keep him. We want players hungry to win a cup, not content to flounder around in a rebuild just for personal legacy.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
In that case, keep him. We want players hungry to win a cup, not content to flounder around in a rebuild just for personal legacy.
Colorado fans are quite edgy in here. Giroux not known as a floater. Remember Mtl last year? Or StL emerging from the basement? Only takes a hot goalie or a few key injuries to change the fortune of a team…

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Colorado fans are quite edgy in here. Giroux not known as a floater. Remember Mtl last year? Or StL emerging from the basement? Only takes a hot goalie or a few key injuries to change the fortune of a team…
For the record I don't actually believe Giroux feels that way. I think he wants to get traded.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Which will also reduce any trade haul they’d fetch.

How so? He isn't going to announce that he's going to re-sign with Philly right before he get's traded.

Both Lebrun and Seravelli have stated that it's at least 2 A tier assets that Philly will get in return for Giroux.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
All reports say Giroux isn't sure he wants to be traded.

lol quite the opposite. He loves the flyers but wants the chance to compete for a cup. Where the hell are you getting your info guy?

on a different note, 3 ranger reps at flyers-wild game tonight

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Not rocket science.

Right but we are obviously saying G wants to go to the team. So it’s a give and take. Best team that will get out in the first round.

Did not even realize the panthers do not have their 1st or 2nd this year so the whole convo means nothing haha. I would rather they go for picks next year anyway. Especially if G wants the Avs, the pick likely can’t be any worse next year and it will likely have better talent anyway.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017

Every poster on HF says the Leafs can't compete with Jack Campbell in the playoffs.

And he has a .917 save % this year.
Bobrovsky has a .916 save %.

Surely, Florida needs better goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: