Value of: Claude Giroux to a contender

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He has a NMC.

He will get another contract nm what he does for the rest of this year.

If he waives and plays well, it could help his next contract
If he waives and does not play well for whatever reason, it could hurt his next contract
If he waives and gets injured, it definitely hurts his next contract

Not enough incentive to take a chance

There is nothing he can do to hurt his next contract more than staying in Philly with these losers. Wherever he goes, he gets a good deal and potentially better.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'm pretty sure Colorado, Carolina, and Florida are the only teams without 1st round picks in 2022.
That’s 3 of the top teams in the NHL. Colorado and Florida have been linked to Giroux. So once again, who is a realistic suitor that has a 22 first?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think he either goes to Tampa or Pittsburgh or Colorado as a rental.

He would get a 1st, a top 6 forward and a dman.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
BOS, NYR, WSH, MIN, STL, PIT, TBL
Now how many of those teams would Giroux waive for?
Do we know if he is willing to chase a cup with a divisional rival?

Colorado and Florida have much better odds to win the cup than all the teams on that list other than Tampa and maybe Minnesota.

Has the Flyers front office been scouting those teams as hard as they've been scouting the Panthers and Avs?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Colorado and Florida have much better odds to win the cup than all the teams on that list other than Tampa and maybe Minnesota.

Has the Flyers front office been scouting those teams as hard as they've been scouting the Panthers and Avs?

Theres this timbit.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

You know for certain as much as I do so why speculate that it's a small number?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I just don't understand why Zito has such a boner for this guy. I mean, HOFer, no doubt. But he's not prime Giroux anymore. Defense is still the team weakness, even if Lindbohm plays well. Panthers are scoring more than any team in 20+ years, we don't need another scorer. I guarantee in the playoffs we will not be able to outscore our problems, not with a middle of the road pp.

G would make the Panthers PP better.

Reactions: SnS

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He's a Flyer until at least the 18th. He'll play his 1000th game in orange and black and then be moved. Might be a deal in place before then, but that seems to be his wish.
This.

Rangers have the goods to trade with though, I'll agree.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just don't understand why Zito has such a boner for this guy. I mean, HOFer, no doubt. But he's not prime Giroux anymore. Defense is still the team weakness, even if Lindbohm plays well. Panthers are scoring more than any team in 20+ years, we don't need another scorer. I guarantee in the playoffs we will not be able to outscore our problems, not with a middle of the road pp.
What's so funny? Everything I said is 100% accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What's so funny? Everything I said is 100% accurate.
Giroux is a premier playmaker. He's been drastically mishandled lately on the power play after dominating there for a decade. G in Florida or Colorado gets 10+ points on the power play post deadline. He pks as well.
Claude giroux helps 32 teams be better in the NHL.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Giroux is a premier playmaker. He's been drastically mishandled lately on the power play after dominating there for a decade. G in Florida or Colorado gets 10+ points on the power play post deadline. He pks as well.
Claude giroux helps 32 teams be better in the NHL.
Yeah but we don't really need another playmaker on the pp. We have the nhl assist leader Huberdeau in that role. Reinhart and Barkov are also elite playmakers. What we need is either a pure sniper or a real qb on the point(Ekblad is better as a triggerman). The Panthers' pp problems are just deep-rooted and systemic. Although we have been a lot better lately, the pp is up to around 10th now. But we are the highest scoring team in the league, with the 10th pp. Makes no sense. Giroux won't drastically change the pp. I know he's a good player, but he's not prime Giroux anymore, is all I'm saying. Florida has limited assets and should be chasing a d-man.

• Wow
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad