Value of: Claude Giroux to a contender

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
that's a large price to pay for a pure rental.

So the article is through the Philadelphia Inquirer. He mentions them and the 2023 1st as trade chips from Florida. Doesn't say that the price would be both. But earlier in the article Seravelli says he feels that the price is going to be in the 1st and top prospect realm.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Colorado's assistant GM Chris MacFarland is watching the Flyers game tonight. As is Blues GM Doug Armstrong.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It’s the season.

Risto, G, Brassard?, probably more names to list too.
Why was Frost just send down yesterday, just a couple of days after being activated onto the roster again?

upload_2022-3-2_0-20-13.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Call the Habs if you need a team to take him on, retain 50% and then send him along. Like the Wings provided for Tampa with Savard last year. I believe they got a 4th out of that? Giroux's cap hit is much higher.

I can't imagine too many teams can fit the full prorated salary of $8.275M?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Call the Habs if you need a team to take him on, retain 50% and then send him along. Like the Wings provided for Tampa with Savard last year. I believe they got a 4th out of that? Giroux's cap hit is much higher.

I can't imagine too many teams can fit the full prorated salary of $8.275M?
Giroux's actual salary in real dollars this year is only $4m, and at the deadline only ~20% of the salary will be left, so there will only be ~$800k due after the deadline. Retaining 50% would set Philadelphia back $400k, and for a team to double-retain they'd only be paying $200k in real dollars which is identical to what double retention cost for Savard ($200k on a $4m total salary), and less than it cost in real dollars to double retain Foligno (~$275k on a $5.5m total salary). Based on those two close comparables it'll probably cost a 4th to get double retention on Giroux.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Why was Frost just send down yesterday, just a couple of days after being activated onto the roster again?

View attachment 511682

I think the default answer for any Flyer’s related question is “Because the Flyer’s management is completely incompetent”

Why was Frost sent down? See above
Why is Yandle in the lineup? See above
Why is Zamula not in the lineup? See above
Why are they offering Risto $6m+ per year? See above

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Grioux will go wherever he wants at he has a no trade protection. If he demands a trade to try and win a cup he will handpick his team. Yes the flyers can choose not to trade him and just lose him for nothing in free agency.

They might want a homerun return but it's really not up to them.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Grioux will go wherever he wants at he has a no trade protection. If he demands a trade to try and win a cup he will handpick his team. Yes the flyers can choose not to trade him and just lose him for nothing in free agency.

They might want a homerun return but it's really not up to them.

Or they can resign him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Because Fletcher and Yeo are attempting to ruin him. (IMO).

We'd be happy to take him as another reclamation project before he becomes waiver fodder :sarcasm:

I loved when Fletcher was the Wild's GM and watching them toil in mediocrity, but I can't wish that on any other fanbase. Hopefully he's gone sooner than later...but after he gifts us Giroux.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5