Value of: Claude Giroux to a contender

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
The flyers are in a losing skid and the media and fans are talking about blowing it up.

It’s time for Flyers to trade Claude Giroux and go into full rebuild mode

While I'd much rather fire the coach and re up him to retire a flyer I can also see the organization giving him the opportunity to try and win one.

He's having a great year and his best attribute his vision isn't something that is suceptable to age. 60+ pt winger at 5mil.

What would the offers look like?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I would love him on the Jets, both for what he brings on and off the ice, but we don’t have the cap space or expendable assets required to get him.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I assume the Flyers would retain half to maximize their return? He's a UFA at the end of the year and there no way a cup contender can pay 8.3 million cap space to fit him in, especially with the way he's been playing. He's had an awful defensive year but his offense still hasn't been bad.

I would say he'd go for the standard 1st+ at the deadline.
Think teams would prefer to go after Forsberg/Klingberg for example though over Giroux. He's older, lacks the winners pedigree, and the last time he was good in the playoffs was exactly 10 years ago.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Giroux - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Bunting - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Braun
Sandin - Liljegren/Dermott

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I assume the Flyers would retain half to maximize their return? He's a UFA at the end of the year and there no way a cup contender can pay 8.3 million cap space to fit him in, especially with the way he's been playing. He's had an awful defensive year but his offense still hasn't been bad.

I would say he'd go for the standard 1st+ at the deadline.
Think teams would prefer to go after Forsberg/Klingberg for example though over Giroux. He's older, lacks the winners pedigree, and the last time he was good in the playoffs was exactly 10 years ago.
G is the only player on the flyers playing well throughout the season. It is horse manure to say he is awful defensively.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
G is the only player on the flyers playing well throughout the season. It is horse manure to say he is awful defensively.
What has he done that is impressive on the defensive end?

Couturier isn't playing well but he still bears the defensive weight of his line. Giroux is a LW who is just looking for offense at this point.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
1st, Studnicka, DeBrusk, Moore from the B's. Moore strictly a cap dump, DeBrusk needs his change of scenery and could bounce back, Stud is widely regarded as one of the B's top prospects (not saying much), abd a first is a first.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
What has he done that is impressive on the defensive end?

Couturier isn't playing well but he still bears the defensive weight of his line. Giroux is a LW who is just looking for offense at this point.

lol.. “just looking for offense at this point”

Lock this thread. It’s only going snowball from here.

Or maybe you could try watching a Flyers game for once

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I said he isn't playing well. You obviously didn't even read what I said.

I'm aware, Ive bet too much on the Flyers lately since on paper they look solid, only to watch the on ice product bomb.

Ah, so this explains it then. Taking your anger out on one of the few players that is actually showing up won’t help you win your money back bud

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00