Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Sheesh. It does explain our C depth though.

The fact this thread hasn't been bumped since last November is a reflection of what we're missing out on with him in the lineup.

Edit: This is the quote all the articles are basing this off. He definitely had the surgery back in March, just hasn't gone right.

"I’m told Christian Dvorak’s injury toward the end of last season is not expected to heal in time for the start of training camp and could bleed into the regular season, perhaps a week or two. At the time his knee surgery was announced on March 15, the Canadiens said he would be ready for the start of the season, but that appears to no longer be the case." - Basu

Last edited:

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Best case would be to put Dvorak on LTIR so his salary would account for the cap overdraft without touching Price treasure chest. If salary goes over the cap by the start of the season, the entire player(s) salary on LTIR used to fill the gap is lost. You don't want to miss on 10,5M to plug a 2 or 3M hole.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Hughes said didn't want to rush him. After being burnt numerous times rushing them back last two years, sounds like new medical staff playing it different this season
When Dvorak had his surgery, he said he would be ready for early October and now it's November, a month later, without setbacks. They are taking the docs timeline and doing a +1 month to it to not rush him.

Also, Dvorak started skating in August.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, thought he'd at least have a serviceable career with Montreal.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't Anderson be himself next year also. I suffered high ankle sprain. I was a long while getting back.

I'm sure you and Josh Anderson are built exactly the same and your therapy at the YMCA is identical to what is offered to millionaire athletes

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
When Dvorak had his surgery, he said he would be ready for early October and now it's November, a month later, without setbacks. They are taking the docs timeline and doing a +1 month to it to not rush him.

Also, Dvorak started skating in August.
Hughes learned his lesson last season with rushing players back to quick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have a good feeling about what Dvo can bring to the top 9 over the next year and a half.

In his first year with us he had 33 points in 56 games. That's a pace of 48 points in 82 games. Get him the right linemates and he can produce 50 points per 82 games. I just think he may help the team more on the wing, with Suzuki - Dach - Monahan holding down the center position.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I don’t think he looked very good last night. Is he traceable? Washington for a tall under performing winger making $5.7 million?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00