ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#SmileyDvorakFace

1667181360111.png

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, and Dvorak has good hands, especially around the net. And Dvo has a good shot. He's just not a play driver. But I think he could produce playing with a playdriver.
Like half the habs. A couple of play drivers and the team is very different.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvorak is good defensively, that goal was on Wideman and Arber behind the net... Lost battles for no reason
No. Dvorak is not good defensivly. Dvorak is in the minus stats most of the years. Minus 11 in 2020-21, minus 19 in 2021-22. Danault is always in the + stats year after year, facing the best lines. Dvorak was facing lower lines fron 2020 to 2022 and he get the minus stats. My eye test see Dvorak is a slow skater and Danault is a fast skater with endurance. Big big difference.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Dvorak opinion is high at the moment. Because of his hat trick, one in an empty net. And one a lucky bounce on a skate. Let's see how you guys predict his numbers at the end of the season. And let's see his plus and minus stats, facing a lower opposition than Suzuki and Dach lines.

One question : how fast Dvorak skate on a level of 1 to 10?
Dvorak can check Matthews or McDavid and be efficient?

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
No. Dvorak is not good defensivly. Dvorak is in the minus stats most of the years. Minus 11 in 2020-21, minus 19 in 2021-22. Danault is always in the + stats year after year, facing the best lines. Dvorak was facing lower lines fron 2020 to 2022 and he get the minus stats. My eye test see Dvorak is a slow skater and Danault is a fast skater with endurance. Big big difference.
Dvorak isn’t that bad and using plus minus as an argument is equal to using by a banana in a sword fight

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As Rick Tocchet, who knows a thing or two about scoring goals said after Habs acquired Dvorak, “he’s got real good hands, and quick release down low from the dot towards the net”, which is why Dvorak was positioned down low on Yotes PP

Before Dach and Monahan came, I wanted Dvorak either in front of the net or in the slot on the pp unit with Suzuki and Caufield. I still wouldn't mind him there, but now Dach and Monahan have changed things.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvorak isn’t that bad and using plus minus as an argument is equal to using by a banana in a sword fight
I disagree. Danault have a name in NHL. Dvorak is only barely knowned here. His fanclub is very very very limited. And for a good reason. Beleive me on this. He soon will be forgotten.
Dach and Monahan are ahead of him. And probably next year another one will shadow Dvorak. Dvorak have the chance to have Gallagher and Anderson on his line.

Before Dach and Monahan came, I wanted Dvorak either in front of the net or in the slot on the pp unit with Suzuki and Caufield. I still wouldn't mind him there, but now Dach and Monahan have changed things.
I would agree for a simple reason : boost his stats to send him elsewhere.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I disagree. Danault have a name in NHL. Dvorak is only barely knowned here. His fanclub is very very very limited. And for a good reason. Beleive me on this. He soon will be forgotten.
Dach and Monahan are ahead of him. And probably next year another one will shadow Dvorak. Dvorak have the chance to have Gallagher and Anderson on his line.

I would agree for a simple reason : boost his stats to send him elsewhere.
I’d say Dach and Dvo are on par on the depth chart but that’s just an opinion and Danault defensively is a rare breed so if you use him as a measuring stick then all of our centres suck defensively lol

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I’d say Dach and Dvo are on par on the depth chart but that’s just an opinion and Danault defensively is a rare breed so if you use him as a measuring stick then all of our centres suck defensively lol
At least you admitt Danault is a rare breed defensive C. There is barely ten like him in the league.
Sometimes they are usefull in a long season and in PO.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
What are these rumours around Dvo to the Flyers? A friend of mine reads the tabloids and brought this up. I haven’t had much time to follow rumours like I used to when I joined this site. Cheat sheet anyone?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What are these rumours around Dvo to the Flyers? A friend of mine reads the tabloids and brought this up. I haven’t had much time to follow rumours like I used to when I joined this site. Cheat sheet anyone?
It's just the media speculating the Flyers could be interested in Dvo because Sean Couturier is out for 4-6 more months.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Just fans/media searching for things. Flyers off to a good start with Torts and they need a center. If the Habs are willing to trade for cheap and be able to create cap, there might be a deal there.

2nd rounder and B+ type prospect would be my min asking price. If another team jumps in the mix and likes that price, highest bidder gets him.

At the moment, Flyers have $2.87M in cap space. Salary in and salary out would be tricky

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just fans/media searching for things. Flyers off to a good start with Torts and they need a center. If the Habs are willing to trade for cheap and be able to create cap, there might be a deal there.

2nd rounder and B+ type prospect would be my min asking price. If another team jumps in the mix and likes that price, highest bidder gets him.

At the moment, Flyers have $2.87M in cap space. Salary in and salary out would be tricky
IMO, Flyers would have more interest in Monahan vs Dvorak, given expiring contract (Couturier will be returning) & ability to slot him on the Wing when Couturier returns by end of season / playoffs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
IMO, Flyers would have more interest in Monahan vs Dvorak, given expiring contract (Couturier will be returning) & ability to slot him on the Wing when Couturier returns by end of season / playoffs

Reasonable to assume that yes. But we are not in the busines to trade players for cheap and we are not really tanking on purpose either. I think the Habs are content with our centers at the moment but if there is an offer we can't refuse, we will listen.

One more question... If the Habs trade either of Monahan or Dvorak, who is playing 4C if someone gets injured? Adding Monahan made a lot of sense and that goes past getting a extra 1st rounder.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Reasonable to assume that yes. But we are not in the busines to trade players for cheap and we are not really tanking on purpose either. I think the Habs are content with our centers at the moment but if there is an offer we can't refuse, we will listen.

One more question... If the Habs trade either of Monahan or Dvorak, who is playing 4C if someone gets injured? Adding Monahan made a lot of sense and that goes past getting an extra 1st rounder.
I’m not advocating dealing Monahan , only stating who I believe Flyers would target

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m not advocating dealing Monahan , only stating who I believe Flyers would target

I know. It makes sense. I think they will chit chat but not be too serious about it. GM's like to make calls to see if they can acquire for cheap all the time. Feel out process

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I know. It makes sense. I think they will chit chat but not be too serious about it. GM's like to make calls to see if they can acquire for cheap all the time. Feel out process
As long as Habs remain part of the herd (US Thanksgiving now only 3.5 weeks away), there will be no clearance sale by HuGo.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Looking better every game,showed a bit of nastiness too,good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad