Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yah, what happened to belial?

We went from posting 8x a minute to gone.
I forgot about Belial and Christian Dvorak(again). What happened to Dvorak? Is he recovering from a near amputation or something? He just went away without any surgical procedure, nothing, just vanished.

Edit: I just checked on Belial and it says that the user's profile is not available. Doesn't that mean that the account is shut down?

Reactions: Toene

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I forgot about Belial and Christian Dvorak(again). What happened to Dvorak? Is he recovering from a near amputation or something? He just went away without any surgical procedure, nothing, just vanished.

Edit: I just checked on Belial and it says that the user's profile is not available. Doesn't that mean that the account is shut down?
Dvorak tore one of his pectoral muscle back in early January. Out for the rest of the season since.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Tore a pectoral which is odd because he wasn't actually doing anything when on the ice. I, too, constantly forget about Smiles. It's as if he's not even part of the team... I can't even picture him in my mind's eye!?! Does he truly even exist?

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Tore a pectoral which is odd because he wasn't actually doing anything when on the ice. I, too, constantly forget about Smiles. IT's as if he's not even part of the team... I can't even picture him in my mind's eye!?! Does he truly even exist?
He earns 4.5 million per year and is one of the most bland players in the league but we are stuck with him even if he was healthy. I can't see any team wanting him.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
With how much time he missed since he joined the Habs, it's almost like we don't have him too!
In the three years he's been here, he has played 145 out of 246 games. He's out out for the year so that includes our remaining games. He has 44 points in that time. He's never played a full season... hit 78 in each of his first two years and has missed significant times his last 6 seasons!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
In the three years he's been here, he has played 145 out of 246 games. He's out out for the year so that includes our remaining games. He has 44 points in that time. He's never played a full season... hit 78 in each of his first two years and has missed significant times his last 6 seasons!
Armani has a Dvorak glasses collection. Coincidence? I think not!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He earns 4.5 million per year and is one of the most bland players in the league but we are stuck with him even if he was healthy. I can't see any team wanting him.
I love when Marty uses him to win face offs he never wins. I'm like Suzuki can do that too. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There might be a 5% chance he's more tradable this summer if he can show that he's healthy now. I'll take it I guess :dunno:
He doesn't have a NMC attached to next season. If I had to I would Armia his ass as the best solution.
The precedent has been set and there is absolutely no reason not to if we have someone pushing him out.
We are talking about a guy we are going to have to retain on just to get a bag of pucks at TDL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He doesn't have a NMC attached to next season. If I had to I would Armia his ass as the best solution.
The precedent has been set and there is absolutely no reason not to if we have someone pushing him out.
We are talking about a guy we are going to have to retain on just to get a bag of pucks at TDL.
That's certainly a possibility if Beck for exemple has a red hot camp and they want to have him start the season with the big team. I do think he has some trade value though, probably nothing to write home about, but teams would look at him as a vet option.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's certainly a possibility if Beck for exemple has a red hot camp and they want to have him start the season with the big team. I do think he has some trade value though, probably nothing to write home about, but teams would look at him as a vet option.
Many scenarios can unfold.
Beck earns first call up to replace a dinged Evans or Dvorak and then makes damn sure he's never sent back.
Dvorak actually plays decent enough that we just hold.
I just don't know how Hughes views him but there would be no black mark on the organization if we eventually puts him on waivers.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
He doesn't have a NMC attached to next season. If I had to I would Armia his ass as the best solution. The precedent has been set and there is absolutely no reason not to if we have someone pushing him out. We are talking about a guy we are going to have to retain on just to get a bag of pucks at TDL.

I just don't know how Hughes views him but there would be no black mark on the organization if we eventually puts him on waivers.
I think this is a little extreme. Dvorak is not exciting to watch as a fan but he's still a perfectly acceptable NHL 3C. Unless he completely falls off a cliff over the summer we're not waiving him and we'll have no trouble trading him for a decent return at the deadline. He's going to be a boring 3C for our team for 40-55 games and then get traded to be a boring 3C for another team.

Boring veteran 3Cs who can put up ~30 points a year and give a coach 15 minutes of stress-free vanilla minutes where nothing happens are still reasonably valuable pieces. 33 year old Eller returned a 2nd rounder from Colorado in 2023 with 16P in 60 games up to that point.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
No need to send him to AHL. This is a contract year for him. I expect him to give more effort for his next contract. Trade him in the TDL or keep him until the end of season.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Beck needs time - no need to rush him. Let him develop a full year in the AHL.

Dvorak is capable of much more then we've seen - let's hope he finishes strong, regains his confidence, and has a solid 2024-25 season that forces us to make some tough decisions

Reactions: HankyZetts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad