Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, Dvorak is a solid player but a lot of people can't see it.

Not enough spinoramas.

He can't hold Danault's jock strap. But he's our 4th or 5th best forward offensively currently, though because of his usage and linemates he doesn't have the numbers to show it:

1/2. Caufield Suzuki
3. Monahan
4/5. Dvorak/Dach
6. Slaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd take Danault over him but he's in the same ballpark.

They may have similar offensive ceilings, though Dvorak has never stayed healthy enough to score 20 goals or get to 40 points, while Danault has had a 27 goal season, and two 50+ point seasons.

But where they really separate is Danault is elite defensively, while Dvorak isn't anything special for a 3c. He got beat again today for a goal because he was again behind his man.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They may have similar offensive ceilings, though Dvorak has never stayed healthy enough to score 20 goals or get to 40 points, while Danault has had a 27 goal season, and two 50+ point seasons.

But where they really separate is Danault is elite defensively, while Dvorak isn't anything special for a 3c. He got beat again today for a goal because he was again behind his man.
Dvorak is good defensively, that goal was on Wideman and Arber behind the net... Lost battles for no reason

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's not elite. He's middle of the road for a defensive center. And he's often behind his man and the play.
Again you seem to be quite conflicted... Do you want us to win or suck?

If you want us to suck then stop criticizing players, please...

You can't have both...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again you seem to be quite conflicted... Do you want us to win or suck?

If you want us to suck then stop criticizing players, please...

You can't have both...

Huh? What I say about a player has no impact on whether we win or lose. And I'm not criticizing him. I'm just accessing him for what he is: when in the right situation a 40 to 50 point player, who's good defensively, as in middle of the road for a shutdown C.

I still think we get the most trade value for him if we play him on the wing in the top 6 and get his offensive numbers up, rather than try to showcase him as a great shutdown C. BUT, maybe he's found something with Anderson and Gallagher where he can produce and be good defensively. We'll see over a larger sample size.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Huh? What I say about a player has no impact on whether we win or lose. And I'm not criticizing him. I'm just accessing him for what he is: when in the right situation a 40 to 50 point player, who's good defensively, as in middle of the road for a shutdown C.

I still think we get the most trade value for him if we play him on the wing in the top 6 and get his offensive numbers up, rather than try to showcase him as a great shutdown C. BUT, maybe he's found something with Anderson and Gallagher where he can produce and be good defensively. We'll see over a larger sample size.
How can you move your best face-off and defensive center to the wing? Come on man...

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

Danault had one outlier 27 goal season. He never came anywhere close to that number when he played first line minutes as a Hab. Must be the California weather or something.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Danault had one outlier 27 goal season. He never came anywhere close to that number when he played first line minutes as a Hab. Must be the California weather or something.
His top end was 13 goals before that point. He never even hit 27 while in the Q, he was a playmaker, but in LA he is scoring and not passing. He still only hit 51 points last year with that abnormal 27 goals. These comparisons are like saying Domi's a 70 point centerman its factual but leaves out a lot of context.

Happy to see Dvorak get the hatty. If we can get him playing well and padding his stats, we may be able to trade him or keep him around for 'elite' 3rd liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How can you move your best face-off and defensive center to the wing? Come on man...

Easy, to get his trade value up. Suzuki - Monahan - Evan's will do fine. And note a winger can still take faceoffs. Monahan was taking faceoffs all the time when he was playing with Suzuki and Caufield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

He was more of a playmaker here. Yet this season again he's got 4 in 10 games. We'll what he does this year. His role and usage are clearly different in L A.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He did not “smile” after his first career hat trick… Even while his teammates were celebrating around him. Fantastic lmfao

LigamaJohnson

Oct 30, 2022

Danault also had great puck possession and corner retrieval skills. He just had shyt hands. He was underappreciated.
nice to see Dvorak get rewarded though because he's been very solid.

Reactions: morhilane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault also had great puck possession and corner retrieval skills. He just had shyt hands. He was underappreciated.
nice to see Dvorak get rewarded though because he's been very solid.

Yeah, and Dvorak has good hands, especially around the net. And Dvo has a good shot. He's just not a play driver. But I think he could produce playing with a playdriver.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Might be the most hilarious hat trick I've ever seen. Shoot the puck on a guy skate to score, a deviation and an almost no chance to succeed longshot from one zone to the next empty net goal.
As Rick Tocchet, who knows a thing or two about scoring goals said after Habs acquired Dvorak, “he’s got real good hands, and quick release down low from the dot towards the net”, which is why Dvorak was positioned down low on Yotes PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad