Player Discussion Christian Dvorak Part 2

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
He's still young. Also, I don't think it would have been socially acceptable to let KK go and do nothing towards the current season

Dvorak isn't old, he's young enough that he wouldn't have been available if he were expected to be a key player long term. He was very, very available, so either they were worried he was going to impeded the tank or they thought they wouldn't need him once they want to start winning. He doesn't seem to be slowing the tank for the habs so I doubt it was the first option.

The habs would be lucky to get a second for him this season so there is not much point in trading him now. If anyone makes a serious offer, sure, but otherwise they probably need to give him time to show some upside.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
continue.... Player Discussion - Christian Dvorak

Just a shame we traded for Dvorak. Would have been better to have two 1st round picks. We are 4-5 years away.

If we knew the season was going to go like this, sure its probably better to have the 1st pick than to gain Dvorak.

Either way, I still think Dvorak is capable of a bounceback much like alot of the players on this team.

Petry pretty much came out and said the team is unstructured, and that the players are thinking instead of doing.

It sounds to me like the players are confused, and that they don't believe in ducharme, who will be here for the rest of the season.

I'm going to clean the slate next year for the guys including Dvorak under a new coach. I suspect we will see a much better version of him next year assuming the habs don't make a colossal blunder in their hiring process.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't seen anything good in Dvorak's game... not at all impressed with him

He's drifting into Lehkonen, Byron, Armia territory. Overall mediocre, though is pretty good at one or two things.

He's not good enough offensively to be a top 6 C. But is he fast enough to be effective as a shutdown C against the opposition's top lines? I don't think so. On a good team he may be a 3rd line winger, plus good net front presence on the pp.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's drifting into Lehkonen, Byron, Armia territory. Overall mediocre, though is pretty good at one or two things.

He's not good enough offensively to be a top 6 C. But is he fast enough to be effective as a shutdown C against the opposition's top lines? I don't think so. On a good team he may be a 3rd line winger, plus good net front presence on the pp.

I'm sure we were in on him before the KK offer sheet but did not want to pay the price we ended up paying cause we thought we needed a Center after we let KK go. This was a double negative. Couldn't afford to match on KK and we couldn't afford to have Suzuki and then Evans, Poehling, Perrault.

I recall going back and forth on it but the general consensus in our fan herd was that we could not afford to not trade for Dvorak if we didn't match on KK.

If we only knew how bad we would be this season eh? No way we make that trade. I think Dvorak has more to offer and he is drowning like others but if we knew our faith, we stay put and we might even match on KK

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm not judging him or contributions in this shi.. show of a year. It's been mess all the way around.
He isn't worth trading now and we will see next year what happens. Hopefully his contributions take a big step up ( my hope) or he increases trade deadline value next season to a late first and then its just a wash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad