Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can either Mitchell or Regula play?

Or Bruins would have been better off asking for a bag of pucks...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Can either Mitchell or Regula play?

Or Bruins would have been better off asking for a bag of pucks...
Mitchell is really soft, kinda slow and talented. Regula is big, with a bit of snarl and some puck skills but he's not very fleet of foot either and he makes some goofy decisions. Regula might turn into a big bottom pairing guy. Mitchell I don't see it.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Solid move by Chicago. Give Bedard a veteran winger that can help CB learn to translate his game to the NHL. And through out the season of a team gets an injury bug at forward you can flip him for an asset or flip him at the deadline and have plenty of cap space to retain and spike his value. Tactically I like the deal from Chicago.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
So future considerations basically? Man future is grim.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Solid move by Chicago. Give Bedard a veteran winger that can help CB learn to translate his game to the NHL. And through out the season of a team gets an injury bug at forward you can flip him for an asset or flip him at the deadline and have plenty of cap space to retain and spike his value. Tactically I like the deal from Chicago.
Yup zero reason to complain about this from a Hawks standpoint. Definitely leveraged the Bruins cap situation. They can turn a retained Hall into something more interesting that Mitchell or Regula. Seems like a great guy to have initially too, to help Bedard adjust - even if they aren’t on the same lines, just being a veteran former #1 pick who was hyped (albeit not to Bedard level).

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I wonder if Chicago is going to flip Hall for assets with retention. Could be a domino move here

I would've thought this made sense. Hawks can retain Hall down to a price point that makes more sense. Bruins get to unload the whole contract. Hawks get an actual asset rather than a veteran player.

But Chicago do still need to have some veteran players to eat some minutes for them. It also sounds like Hall may not be fully healthy? So in that case, i could see it being something that they defer to the deadline. Try to move him there.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Mitchell is really soft, kinda slow and talented. Regula is big, with a bit of snarl and some puck skills but he's not very fleet of foot either and he makes some goofy decisions. Regula might turn into a big bottom pairing guy. Mitchell I don't see it.
So soft, slow skater in a 5'11 frame?

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Have to feel for Hall. He finally made it to a contender only to go back toa team equivalent to the 2017 Devils.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hall is a one way player.

Great cap dump for Boston

not sure how Hall will fit with the Hawks, doesn't seem like the type you want with Bedard
Hall is a solid vet and great to have with Bedard

Wow... can't even get a pick?
Yea this is a terrible return. Clearly a cap dump move but I thought he’d have decent value. Maybe our brass values these pieces but I don’t see why they would

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
About as accurate as your predictions in the Ullmark thread... keep your trash else where
As accurate? Hall was literally dumped for 2 AHLer. So much for the Bruins getting "a good pick or prospect"

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hall is a solid vet and great to have with Bedard

Yea this is a terrible return. Clearly a cap dump move but I thought he’d have decent value. Maybe our brass values these pieces but I don’t see why they would
Hall is flipped to a contender mid season for actual value.

Sweeney is allergic to even asking for a mid-late pick for some reason.

I feel like even getting a 4th wouldn't have been a deal breaker there.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hall is a one way player.

Great cap dump for Boston

not sure how Hall will fit with the Hawks, doesn't seem like the type you want with Bedard
Hall is not a one way player , I have no idea how you came up with that . I just wonder why he did not get something back , I personally would have held him until the trade deadline when I believe he might have more value . I understand that the Bruins are up against the cap but maybe I am wrong but I would like to think some thing could have been done , maybe they are using the money for Bertuzzi who is a gritty tough player but no way he is all around Halls equal , I also have a gut feeling he is going to be pricey........

Reactions: YukonCornelius

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kind wish the Avs got in on this, pay a 1st for retention from Chicago.
Wait til mid-season, I bet they would. Chicago wins, Bruins lose.

Cap dump plain and simple... but questionable asset management per Sweeney, which isn't exactly surprising.

Throwing in Nick Foligno a year too late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad