Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
If he was so good, why be demoted to 3rd line and 2nd pp unit??? Purely from an offensive perspective he is better than everyone on Boston not named Pasta, Bergeron or Marchand from the forwards.

Why would it be a good thing to spend 6 mil if you expect only 35-40 pts? More minutes would also mean playing against the better defensive units.
He was the Bruins third highest scorer, and tied with Pasta and Bert for goals in the playoffs. It's just odd that all they could get was nothing prospects.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He was the Bruins third highest scorer, and tied with Pasta and Bert for goals in the playoffs. It's just odd that all they could get was nothing prospects.

They need cap space and he makes 6 mil for 2 more years. They were dealing with a lack of leverage here.

Reactions: wetcoast

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
They need cap space and he makes 6 mil for 2 more years. They were dealing with a lack of leverage here.
I get that. At least they didn't eat cap like Nashville. Just don't think he was the player to throw away.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I get that. At least they didn't eat cap like Nashville. Just don't think he was the player to throw away.
Hall with 2 years given away, Hall is a top 6 player on a good chunk of NHL teams.

I get Sweeney had no leverage, but christ, of all the players he could have moved, I thought if he moved Hall he would get some sort of pick, given he gave up most of the top 60 picks for a few seasons.

I mean, like I said, I get it. But better GMs have done better with their assets.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Hall with 2 years given away, Hall is a top 6 player on a good chunk of NHL teams.

I get Sweeney had no leverage, but christ, of all the players he could have moved, I thought if he moved Hall he would get some sort of pick, given he gave up most of the top 60 picks for a few seasons.

I mean, like I said, I get it. But better GMs have done better with their assets.
Not sure what Zito could offer, but I'd love him on the Panthers for 2 years.

Reactions: Ulysses31

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If he was so good, why be demoted to 3rd line and 2nd pp unit??? Purely from an offensive perspective he is better than everyone on Boston not named Pasta, Bergeron or Marchand from the forwards.

Why would it be a good thing to spend 6 mil if you expect only 35-40 pts? More minutes would also mean playing against the better defensive units.

This angle that Hall is a negative asset is quite uninformed. Hall was playing with Coyle and Frederic, two low offense possession players. Context matters, in addition Hall missed games. No one is expecting 35-40 points.....

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This angle that Hall is a negative asset is quite uninformed. Hall was playing with Coyle and Frederic, two low offense possession players. Context matters, in addition Hall missed games. No one is expecting 35-40 points.....

Didn't say he was a negative asset. I said 36 pts for over 6 mil is not good. When someone on Detroit has 30 ish pts and they make 4.5 for example I am not impressed, so this isn't a crapping on Hall or Boston thing. I would be very unimpressed with that level of offence for 6 million and even more so if the coach decides to play that player on a non scoring line.

Reactions: The don godfather

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
My guess is that Hall is traded for picks and prospects by the trade deadline .. good asset management by CHI.. maybe sooner if he tells CHI management he does not want any part of a rebuild.. he has been there done that

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
flat cap + 16 team NTC = no return

I thought there would be a bigger market for Hall but clearly I was wrong, so personally I'm just happy we got rid of the whole 6mil without having to pay.

Reactions: Pertti

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Didn't say he was a negative asset. I said 36 pts for over 6 mil is not good. When someone on Detroit has 30 ish pts and they make 4.5 for example I am not impressed, so this isn't a crapping on Hall or Boston thing. I would be very unimpressed with that level of offence for 6 million and even more so if the coach decides to play that player on a non scoring line.
He was obviously injured during the season, but he had a good playoffs. CHI make out like bandits here, and can flip him at one of the next TDLs. BOS is also lucky to get out of that contract without having to retain or include a pick. His value was basically neutral.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
He was obviously injured during the season, but he had a good playoffs. CHI make out like bandits here, and can flip him at one of the next TDLs. BOS is also lucky to get out of that contract without having to retain or include a pick. His value was basically neutral.
Not sure hawks made out like bandits if hall has another 30 point season it will be the hawks who would need to retain salary to get out of contract.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Not sure hawks made out like bandits if hall has another 30 point season it will be the hawks who would need to retain salary to get out of contract.
Maybe bandits is the wrong word, just that I think they will be able to flip him for a high pick, likely a 1st. He was hurt during the season, and had a good playoffs. They'll be retaining on that contract when they trade him anyways at one of the next TDL's.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

tnnr

Feb 19, 2023
Hall after a bedard points bump with salary retained at the TDL for a first round pick is going to be hilarious.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Taken in a vacuum you can make your Hall sux argument - but the trade was made for the express purpose of giving Bedard a linemate that can skate and play at a high pace and Hall can still do that. The $6M cap hit is irrelevant as it actually helps the Hawks get to the cap floor this year and next year.

Hopefully the Hawks acquire another guy to overpay to play with Bedard for the next couple years - maybe Domi comes back.

Reactions: shakes the clown

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
How many 1st overall picks will Hall have played with after his first game with Bedard?

Yakupov
RNH
Mcdavid
Hughes
Dahlin
Hischier
Bedard

More than that? Must be closing in on record

Reactions: RRenegade

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Mind still blown hall went for nothing, better deal than any team will find on the UFA market, and would take hall at his contract over debrincat on an 8x8 anyday

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00