Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
What are the chances that Blackhawks now flip Hall to a contender?

If you're a lotto team, you don't ever move Taylor Hall unless he's not coming back the following year.

That's the entire reason chicago won the lotto earlier this year....the Hockey gods knew that Taylor Hall was coming in June

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He'll be more help than any other player on their roster. Most people think he can at least pot around 50-60 without any help so it's fair to assume Hall will elevate his point projection above the current expectations.

Like I said Hall is a pretty individual player, he hasn't really increased any of his teammates production in recent years. Had plenty of talent to work with Boston, if anything I predict they'll play on different lines, Hall isn't a top line player right now.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why? Hall himself is only a 50-60 point scorer with pretty individual play, is he supposed elevate Bedard somehow?

Individual play? As in carries the puck into the offensive zone with pace, perhaps.

Selfish play? That would be quite misguided to believe.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Like I said Hall is a pretty individual player, he hasn't really increased any of his teammates production in recent years. Had plenty of talent to work with Boston, if anything I predict they'll play on different lines, Hall isn't a top line player right now.
Fair enough, you may be right about that. Idk, I figure it'll do more good than bad for Bedard but we'll just have to see how things pan out.

tTheVeganWoofMate

Adopt.Volunteer. Rescued is the best breed!
Mar 21, 2019
NJ
Wonderful. Trade one of the 3 guys who gave a shit this playoffs while Marchand Ullmark Debrusk Etc are still there.
Same shit different toilet for the Bruins. Sucks for Hall

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Another example of a team being in cap hell.

Just won’t get any value in a trade

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Congrats BlackHawks on trading some Pasta sauce for a Hall pass.

You are Kings of the School yard

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Smart move by CHI, surround Bedard with actual veteran skill instead of AHL scrubs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Wonder if this cap move is creating space for a shot at PLD.
Would make sense.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If I am Chicago I'd flip Hall to get more picks/prospects.

hawks shouldn't F up their rebuild IMO
Agreed, but at the deadline. Decent chance Hall will play with Bedard and put up strong production, if that's the case, his value increases. And also, he's not going to be very attractive to teams right now, but with limited options at the trade deadline, he'll start looking nicer.

Hall with 50% retention at the trade deadline, assuming he's producing well with Bedard, would be worth more than Hall with 50% retention right now, IMO.

Reactions: Auggie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad