Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Hall still has something left to give. Injuries are the issue but if he can stay healthy he’s still a decent middle six player.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Taken in a vacuum you can make your Hall sux argument - but the trade was made for the express purpose of giving Bedard a linemate that can skate and play at a high pace and Hall can still do that. The $6M cap hit is irrelevant as it actually helps the Hawks get to the cap floor this year and next year.

Hopefully the Hawks acquire another guy to overpay to play with Bedard for the next couple years - maybe Domi comes back.

Didn't say he sux. So that wasn't my argument. My argument is 36 pts in 61 games is not good and he got good enough ice time for more.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Didn't say he sux. So that wasn't my argument. My argument is 36 pts in 61 games is not good and he got good enough ice time for more.

I agree 36 points in 61 games for $6M is pretty bad. However, I didn't watch much Boston this year so I can't put those stats into perspective. I do see he got 8 points in 7 playoff games which is pretty good.

Here's the thing that makes me like this trade for the Hawks - he plays the game at a high pace and that's what Bedard needs in a linemate. I'm optimistic it will work out well. We'll see.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I agree 36 points in 61 games for $6M is pretty bad. However, I didn't watch much Boston this year so I can't put those stats into perspective. I do see he got 8 points in 7 playoff games which is pretty good.

Here's the thing that makes me like this trade for the Hawks - he plays the game at a high pace and that's what Bedard needs in a linemate. I'm optimistic it will work out well. We'll see.

Yeah, he played pretty well, maybe even one of their best in the playoffs. People are acting like I said he is crappy, I just said his production was kind of crappy. I actually like Taylor Hall the player, and have since he came into the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad