Confirmed Trade: [CHI/BOS] Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno (UFA rights) for Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agreed, but at the deadline. Decent chance Hall will play with Bedard and put up strong production, if that's the case, his value increases. And also, he's not going to be very attractive to teams right now, but with limited options at the trade deadline, he'll start looking nicer.

Hall with 50% retention at the trade deadline, assuming he's producing well with Bedard, would be worth more than Hall with 50% retention right now, IMO.

Hall at 50% is phenomenal value even now.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

tTheVeganWoofMate

Adopt.Volunteer. Rescued is the best breed!
Mar 21, 2019
NJ
Taylor Hall after today’s trade
IMG_1735.gif

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Hall is a solid vet and great to have with Bedard

Yea this is a terrible return. Clearly a cap dump move but I thought he’d have decent value. Maybe our brass values these pieces but I don’t see why they would
Because only half the league can get him due to his no trade clause. Then only certain teams can take a 6 mil hit. Lastly, Boston is in a pinch and has no pull. No assets to help with getting rid of cap space that they need.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hall is flipped to a contender mid season for actual value.

Sweeney is allergic to even asking for a mid-late pick for some reason.

I feel like even getting a 4th wouldn't have been a deal breaker there.
Yea I continue to not be a fan of Sweeney. At least we paid little to get Hall but man it would have been nice to get something even remotely possible if being a useful nhl’er. The 4th would have been the most valuable part of this trade which i guess is why he didn’t get one lol. He really doesn’t seem like a good negotiator

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
That is just excuses really. 36 pts for over 6 mil is not good.

This is the mentality that leads GMs to overpay tweeners who produce next to stars in big minutes, and let expansion teams take effective players who are being underutilized. Hall played like a 6 million dollar player given the minutes he did get, and given his career it’s reasonable to assume he would do as well if given a bigger role.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don’t get the rationalizing from Bs fans tying this to a Hall for Bert trade. They’ve already spent assets on Bert and, conceivably, already have him signed. Sure, they can’t sign Bert without offloading cap but getting absolutely nothing for a 20 goal guy with a few years left in the tank? Seems like a case of brutal asset management

I know he was just .59 PPG last year but his role was reduced at times and he has provided pretty solid microstatsView attachment 721535
I'd rather Hall than Todd's nephew, but to each their own. Hall was one of a few Bruins who was dangerous in the playoffs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is the mentality that leads GMs to overpay tweeners who produce next to stars in big minutes, and let expansion teams take effective players who are being underutilized. Hall played like a 6 million dollar player given the minutes he did get, and given his career it’s reasonable to assume he would do as well if given a bigger role.

If he was so good, why be demoted to 3rd line and 2nd pp unit??? Purely from an offensive perspective he is better than everyone on Boston not named Pasta, Bergeron or Marchand from the forwards.

Why would it be a good thing to spend 6 mil if you expect only 35-40 pts? More minutes would also mean playing against the better defensive units.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad