Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
And anyone arguing that Price sucks doesn't know hockey either.

Well then why is it that whenever Price has gone down for any significant time this club has fallen apart?

There's no doubt the team has an impact on the goalie. We're seeing that now and we've seen it with strong teams and weak goalies. There's some truth to it. But Carey Price has played behind crappy teams for most of his career.

I dont think Price suck , i think is an average goaltender in the league. Great technic , one of the best in the league , but he lack the combativity and showed some really poor leadership. Thats why i hate his new contract but hold nothing against him. Is MB fault but i cant help think the media and the fefan narative shoved down our throat for many years ng
You could switch any of the top 10-15 goaltenders and the difference would be minimal in today’s game with the way systems are played. But that doesn’t discredit Price from being one of the best at his position, excluding this season where he’s been a inconsistent mess. I don’t blame you if you feel like investing 10-14% was a huge mistake or if you think having a goalie being your crunch is a big mistake because I feel the same way. I defend Price the way I do because I’ve hated the way this fanbase has treated goalies the entire time I’ve followed them. They’re either hero or zero and used as a meat shield so yes, I do white knight them when they’re under attack.

Price is not a zero far from it and I never thought he was. Hes in the top 10 of the league. I just cant stand it when people say we are bottomfeeder without him and have to hear the media drool all over the place on TV when he make a savs. Its sickening. The gug is way overated

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
you really hate the guy, it happens, but making a list of reasons doesnt make it rational.
That was perfectly rational. You asked him why he did not like Price. He answered your question. I agree with some of it. But what I hate is the contract.

I think that the adoration for Price is becoming increasingly unjustified. I hope he improves next year.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
We signed an 84 millions dollars contract because fanboy like you and the brain dead media keep defecting the same **** that we are nothing without Price. Which is False. Price is average goalie. We never were bottomfeeder with halak, huet , theodore and the team in front was no better. Witn his new contract kicking in next year , Price will be the most overated and overpaid player in the whole league. And to people like guy and nhl91 that say that other goaltenders will sign similar contract to Price's term are speaking non sense. Future will tell you really have a poor understanding of the reality of todays NHL

C'mon. Price isn't an average goalie. While I think the contract for him is way too rich he's still an elite goalie. Might get a bit too much praise but he plays in Montreal. We love our goalies and will prop them up a bit.

Bergevin is a massive moron though. That contract is going to hurt for a long time. That one and Weber. One he inherited, the other he created.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Seriously man, you have a problem...you are fixated on Price, and you have given new meaning to the word fanatic....he must have eaten your sandwich or something....he is our best player, and you don't seem to be able to deal with it...

Just wow....
This is the sort of pro Price post I detest. Emo bullying. And not just from you. It's almost creepy and cult like. At least argue his case.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is the sort of pro Price post I detest. Emo bullying. And not just from you. It's almost creepy and cult like. At least argue his case.
What exactly needs to be argued here? He's been a top five Vezina finalist in four of the last six seasons he's been healthy and was over .930 in the season where he was knocked out. He's done this consistently on bottom third teams and consistently gotten them to 100 point seasons. He's ranked in the top five players in the league on the latest TSN player list and he's considered the best goalie in the game.

"Emo" crap is unsubstantiated nonsense about him not training hard or having a bad attitude.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I dont know i dont watch AHL games and i dont pretent i am either.

However you saw him just as well as I did in the NHL.

Not surprised youre dodging the question.

You kept citing Prices under .900 sv% to point out he sucked, so why the double standard ?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

They’re not even here to debate, they’re just here to do some damage control

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Not surprised youre dodging the question.

You kept citing Prices under .900 sv% to point out he sucked, so why the double standard ?

Yes so now because im comparing Price’s under 900 sv% to Lingren’s sv% in the NHL i am using double standarts?

So in order for me to fall in line with your logic the right thing to do is to compare 2 goalies in 2 different leagues with 2 different systems, different players, different coachs and pretend their stats mean the same?

Help me some one.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Find one quote where I said that. That’s a bunch of crap, if you’re going to call me out, atleast get it right. I haven’t defended his contract once, quite the opposite. But since you brought up the subject, Rinne took up around the same amount of Price’s contract percentage when it was signed and so did Lundqvist. So just going by history, other teams will sink that much cap into a goalie. Don’t try and make me look like a bad guy because I stick up for one of our best players. “Fanboys” aren’t the reason Price got signed to a ridiculous contract. A management that felt he could save his and all his buddies jobs did.
Not anymore. Price is putting paid to that idea right now.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You could switch any of the top 10-15 goaltenders and the difference would be minimal in today’s game with the way systems are played. But that doesn’t discredit Price from being one of the best at his position, excluding this season where he’s been a inconsistent mess. I don’t blame you if you feel like investing 10-14% was a huge mistake or if you think having a goalie being your crunch is a big mistake because I feel the same way. I defend Price the way I do because I’ve hated the way this fanbase has treated goalies the entire time I’ve followed them. They’re either hero or zero and used as a meat shield so yes, I do white knight them when they’re under attack.
You can't even differentiate between dislike of Price and dislike of the contract. Some Price supporters here are doing him no favours.

Reactions: Genesis76

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Perception is often reality. We love players that give it all. Or seems to be. If Price doesn't get it going, he will be hated with that kind of chilling out attitude. You can chill if you are on top of your game. You can't chill if you are not. People say players don't tank. They play to win. Well while it was just one play, Price by just sending the puck to the opponent nonchalantly is a sign of giving up. Whether he is right or not....he did. And that is suppose to be one of the leaders of this team. Frankly.....this might be overstated. Where are the signs that he is so great in the room and a great team player? His "leadership" is the one that is called "by his play on the ice". So when things are going great, yeah, I guess he has that kind of leadership.

But since perception is reality, you look at Weber, Pacioretty, Plekanec and Price personas, and you totally understand why this team doesn't have another gear when things aren't working their way. I guess Gallagher and Shaw aren't enough.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Almost 2 years ago I said that if Price gets over 9.5, he will get roasted unless he played like a god or close to. I never thought he would get 8 years also, and an idiotic instant NMC.

Love the guy, but that's what happens with terrible contracts. People are not stupid. They know how the Cap works. If he does not pick it up this year, and does not improve next year, he's gonna get torched. Get used to it.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
No, damage control is coming in and pretending like you haven't been wrong for the last seven years.

Wrong about what?

I was right about Subban
I was right about PatioReady
And I was 50/50 with Price

He proved me wrong in 1 regular season only.

In the playoffs though........... ouch

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You can't even differentiate between dislike of Price and dislike of the contract. Some Price supporters here are doing him no favours.
Reasonable people can disagree on the value of his contract. Reasonable people can talk about him being in decline or having a bad year or disappointment in his play. That's all fine and good. But when I read people trying to re-litigate how well he's played over the years then it should be dismissed as nonsense.

Once again, it's consistently the same people bashing him. Just like it's consistently the same people who bashed Subban. We finally landed a superstar player... turned out we landed two. It took us forever to do this but for whatever reason some folks just hate certain players.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Find me such pictures from Crosby.

It is the basis of my earlier argument that GREAT players... are more often than not guys who have all the talent in the world but also work hard. This is not the 70ies anymore.

EDIT:
BTW, if you get caught in 2008-10 in pictures like that at the very beginning of the smart phone era... that means those events weren't exactly rare.

I’m english and comparable is Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo in soccer, Rooney pictured eating junk food and smoking and Ronaldo being the total professional. Needless to say Ronaldo is so much better than Rooney.

Husband (not a Habs fan) says Price is not professional and turns it on when he wants to. I do like a price though and he has carried the team

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
More useless emo. I could not care less that you are mad at nasty people. Argue the case for Price and his contract. Again, you are not helping Price with posts like these.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I can't wait for Bob and Holtby new contract so people will stop acting like Price deal is a Gomez-like deal ( like they did back he signed his 6.5m deal).
Price's play this year is rapidly ensuring that Bob and Holtby will not be signing such a contract. It may well become an infamous outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad