Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He's not movable. Unfortunately, the bozo in charge gave him a contract that will never be picked up by anyone else.

Jul 6, 2016
He's not movable. Unfortunately, the bozo in charge gave him a contract that will never be picked up by anyone else.

Unless MB is willing to pay maybe 25 to 35% of it. Price at 7 million $ is affordable and attractive.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

When retired players who can't play anymore but still count against the cap are movable it's safe to say everyone is tradeable.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
There's always a General Manager who is willing to go for a surprise trade. It is not impossible for another team to offer something interesting to acquire Price. A team looking for a seasoned veteran in net.

Jul 6, 2016
There's always a General Manager who is willing to go for a surprise trade. It is not impossible for another team to offer something interesting to acquire Price. A team looking for a seasoned veteran in net.

Saint-Louis, Edmonton or Calgary badly needs Price.

Reactions: Fixxer

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
This is however an 8-year contract paying 84 million dollars.

I'm not saying you can get an amazing return, but if we wanted to we could retain 50%. You don't think 8 years at a cap hit of 5.25m would be moveable, there would be a bidding war if we were willing to do that.

And not that it matters but it's now only 71m over 8 years since his signing bonus has already been paid.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm not saying you can get an amazing return, but if we wanted to we could retain 50%. You don't think 8 years at a cap hit of 5.25m would be moveable, there would be a bidding war if we were willing to do that.

And not that it matters but it's now only 71m over 8 years since his signing bonus has already been paid.

I don't know if actual salary matters. I think that it's only cap that matters. For example, look at Buffalo, they thought that they could get a better deal for RoR if 7.5 million dollars was moved around -- but other GMs didn't seem to care. But perhaps with this argument we can say that Buffalo sees Price as a 71 million dollar goalie.

I agree however that if the Habs retain 50% then they should be able to get a good deal. That is however a tough pill, as the Habs could be competing again as early as 2022.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You’re using Price to deflect the blame away from Bergevin. The team was 2-5 in preseason and it was clear the team was going to have a rough start regardless of Price. Hell, you could see the train wreck coming in July. He took a lions share of the blame for what happened in October, but you’re ignoring the fact the team was just as awful as Price was, and it’s showed throughout the rest of the season. It took a combined effort to have the putrid start we had and the results after that month show it wasn’t a fluke. We’ve played below .500 hockey all year, including after that stretch. That’s not a team that deserves to be in the playoffs.
Its what was always known. If Carey Price is not standing on his head this team is a bottom feeder that will never be able to score enough goals.

Blaming Price and not Bergevin is like blaming MacDavid and not Cherrelli.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Its what was always known. If Carey Price is not standing on his head this team is a bottom feeder that will never be able to score enough goals.

Blaming Price and not Bergevin is like blaming MacDavid and not Cherrelli.

McDavid’s stil young. Has a lot of energy and raceway left. I doubt Carey has that ability at 31 years old after the injuries and carrying teams for years, these ones being the worse then he ever has seen. If he does, he goes down with the greats of Montreal, if he doesn’t, he’s a meatshild for the team and likely has a miserable career unless traded.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad