Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's the exact type of comments I have a problem with. Black and white, no nuance, we've sucked for 4 years, any success belongs to Price, any failures to someone else.
015 Price had a Hasek like season and won more hardware than Gretz used to win in a season. With that habs won 1 round.
016 without Price they played 400 hockey. The games without Price the team had the worst rec0rd in the league.
017 team could not even win a round. Same old same old cannot score.
018 team cannot compete when Price is not standing on his head.

So the "success" you refer too ? The one play off series they won in 4 seasons? Who would you credit that too? Max? Subban? Pleks? Therrien? .....

Safe to say Carey Price is has been the Montreal Canadiens .................without him playing lights outs they are they are in company with Sabres, Canes, Coyotes, Islanders and the likes.

Biffs administration should thank Gaineys administration for Carey Price. The teams meal ticket lo these many years. ;)

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
015 Price had a Hasek like season and won more hardware than Gretz used to win in a season. With that habs won 1 round.
016 without Price they played 400 hockey. The games without Price the team had the worst rec0rd in the league.

So the "success" you refer too ? The one play off series they won in 4 seasons? Who would you credit that too? Max? Subban? Pleks? Therrien? .....

Safe to say Carey Price is has been the Montreal Canadiens .................without him playing lights outs they are they are in company with Sabres, Canes, Coyotes, Islanders and the likes.

Biffs administration should thank Gaineys administration for Carey Price. The teams meal ticket lo these many years. ;)

Pauly D.

What happend to the previous 8-9 of mediocrity?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's pretty clear that Price came in woefully unprepared to start this season. Unless that's actually his level ?
LOL

After years of the team not being able to rise to Prices excellent performance..............he finally and inevitably dropped to theirs.

cant beat 'em' ....join 'em

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Yes. In 2015, Markov, Patch, Subban, Plekanec certainly were impactful players?

In 2016, as I said before, no #1 goalies no playoffs for a defensive team. Just look at the 3 times cup winner hawks and their record with/without Crawford :

It wouldn't be so bad if they still had Darling like the rangers when Lundqvist got injured and they had Talbot. But if you don't actually have a good backup, not even GREAT teams can do anything.
This season we are clearly not a great team, but Price is giving us zero chance with his play.

In 2017, Price got out dueled again in the playoffs. He was awful in the last 2 games in a super tight defensive series. Gave up softies when Lundqvist was posting 1-0 SO wins (2-0 with EN). That's why we lost. Of course if we had an insanely talented offensive team it would have been a different story. But that's like saying if the caps had the best D in the league, they would win every cup. Our strenght is supposed to be goaltending according to you guys. It certainly didn't show in the 17 playoffs.

In 2018, the team has been competing exactly the same with our backups as with Price :

ptsmax pts Pts %
Without Price163842,11
With Price358242,68
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yes. In 2015, Markov, Patch, Subban, Plekanec certainly were impactful players?

In 2016, as I said before, no #1 goalies no playoffs for a defensive team. Just look at the 3 times cup winner hawks and their record with/without Crawford :

It wouldn't be so bad if they still had Darling like the rangers when Lundqvist got injured and they had Talbot. But if you don't actually have a good backup, not even GREAT teams can do anything.
This season we are clearly not a great team, but Price is giving us zero chance with his play.

In 2017, Price got out dueled again in the playoffs. He was awful in the last 2 games in a super tight defensive series. Gave up softies when Lundqvist was posting 1-0 SO wins (2-0 with EN). That's why we lost. Of course if we had an insanely talented offensive team it would have been a different story. But that's like saying if the caps had the best D in the league, they would win every cup. Our strenght is supposed to be goaltending according to you guys. It certainly didn't show in the 17 playoffs.

In 2018, the team has been competing exactly the same with our backups as with Price :

ptsmax pts Pts %
Without Price163842,11
With Price358242,68
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

why do you dislike Price so much ?

Reactions: Andrei79

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
why do you dislike Price so much ?

Because we wasted a top 5 pick on a goalie instead of getting an elite star center.

Because he wasn't serious about his career early on and wasted many years of his career and me watching the habs

Because he raised his arms in the air like Roy did to mock the crowd in a pathetic attempt to get shipped out or something

Because in his sophomore season he was injured but wanted to still go to the all star game instead of getting healthier to play for his team the habs.

Because he was a brat and stared down his dmen for years after mistakes - until Markov straightened him out

Because he was gifted everything (started in playoffs in AHL over Halak, then gifted starter spot over Huet before actually having really proven himself)

Because he wasted his talent and was arrogant while doing it

Because he had the guts to complain about playing pro hockey for the habs (waaahhh I feel like a hobbit, can't go out, waaaah)

Because of his lack of game in the playoffs (most important of all)

Because of his inconsistency and because of how overrated he is by everyone

Because he is not a hard worker

I could go on, but there's nothing I've seen from the guy that has led me to like him. If he wasn't so overrated by everyone I wouldn't actually mind so much. But it sickens me to see the shower of praise toward a guy who doesn't deserve it at all.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Because we wasted a top 5 pick on a goalie instead of getting an elite star center.

Because he wasn't serious about his career early on and wasted many years of his career and me watching the habs

Because he raised his arms in the air like Roy did to mock the crowd in a pathetic attempt to get shipped out or something

Because in his sophomore season he was injured but wanted to still go to the all star game instead of getting healthier to play for his team the habs.

Because he was a brat and stared down his dmen for years after mistakes - until Markov straightened him out

Because he was gifted everything (started in playoffs in AHL over Halak, then gifted starter spot over Huet before actually having really proven himself)

Because he had the guts to complain about playing pro hockey for the habs (waaahhh I feel like a hobbit, can't go out, waaaah)

I could go on, but there's nothing I've seen from the guy that has led me to like him. If he wasn't so overrated by everyone I wouldn't actually mind so much. But it sickens me to see the shower of praise toward a guy who doesn't deserve it at all.

you really hate the guy, it happens, but making a list of reasons doesnt make it rational.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
you really hate the guy, it happens, but making a list of reasons doesnt make it rational.

You asked me why I feel that way about Price and I answered. It's the entirety of his work with the team, it's probably not meant to be rational. I don't think it has to be either. Everyone is entitled to feel a certain way about certain players. A lot of posters here never forgave Ribeiro for faking an injury at center ice. Personally, it never bothered me THAT much, but I can see where those people were coming from. For me, Price raising his arms in the air like Roy was a pretty big deal. After doing that, he had a huge gigantic hole to climb out of to redeem himself in my opinion.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There will always be Price groupies who overestimate the goaltender importance in a team. You make a lot of sense in your analysis. Bottom line is the goaltending position is way overrated in this forum. Blame it on the Patrick Roy syndrome, in the 90's where goaltenders really made a difference. There is some posters in here, wont name you, who will defend Price no matter what but they forget the team aspect. When Price put up his best number, he was playing behind the highest paid defense in the league and one of the best with Subban and company. This season we see what Price worth behind a bad defense squap. Hes average. I know it hurts to say it, but thats the truth. I wrote an veyr

I wrote a vert good post before Subban was traded, my first one actually on HF, made it to Danslescoulisses.com , lafleur guy deleted it because he had a hard time accepting it. I was explaining how Subban was important to the team and why we should trade Price for young assets and not give him a big contract. After the fact I was rigth and now to see Nhl919191 and lafleur guy agreiing to trade Price is giving reason 2 years after my post. If was so obvious , its strange it took so much time for people cheering for the same team to see that
Hilarious that you bring up Subban... just like Carey Price he had a group of haters who ragged on him no matter what. When Price went down in 2016 and the team fell apart, PK became the whipping boy just like Price is now. PK could do nothing right, he was lazy, didn't care... all the same crap we're reading now. It's a joke.

I used to think it was just Hab fans who were crazy but having now policed the boards for a while I see it happens on every team. There are tons of NY fans who hate Lundqvist, Pens fans who hate Crosby. Always the same guys downplaying their best players. Doesn't make much sense to me but I guess it is what it is. There's always going to be a group of people who for whatever reason can't stand their star player.

Reactions: Andrei79

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hilarious that you bring up Subban... just like Carey Price he had a group of haters who ragged on him no matter what. When Price went down in 2016 and the team fell apart, PK became the whipping boy just like Price is now. PK could do nothing right, he was lazy, didn't care... all the same crap we're reading now. It's a joke.

I used to think it was just Hab fans who were crazy but having now policed the boards for a while I see it happens on every team. There are tons of NY fans who hate Lundqvist, Pens fans who hate Crosby. Always the same guys downplaying their best players. Doesn't make much sense to me but I guess it is what it is. There's always going to be a group of people who for whatever reason can't stand their star player.

lol at you comparing Price haters to Crosby haters... laughable joke really. As if Price was in the same league as Crosby.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

@Da Grinder He’s referring to you and I. And I could care less. I’ll be just as defensive when Price’s replacement comes around at some point as well. I’ll always defend any goaltender we have if he’s good.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Recently my boss gave me a 25% rise in pay. You can bet your ass I was determined to prove I was worth it.

Now I'm done. Have fun guys making excuses for Price

There's no excuses for Price this year, he's been awful.

You're downgrading the rest of his career and his caracter, that's what's ludicrous.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yeah, that's what I wrote...

You basically compared people who rag on Price as the same as people who rag on Crosby.

People who rag on Crosby are clearly stupid. Crosby has 2 conn smythe and won 3 cups for the franchise. Price has won exactly nothing. There's no comparison between the two players, and as such there's no comparison between people who "hate" on Crosby and people who "hate" on Price. Silly of you to even bring this up.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
There's no excuses for Price this year, he's been awful.

You're downgrading the rest of his career and his caracter, that's what's ludicrous.

One vezina win, one 3rd place vote for vezina. That's price's career. Is that adequate considering he was behind the highest paid D in the league for years ? I've already decided, you make your own decision.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You basically compared people who rag on Price as the same as people who rag on Crosby.

People who rag on Crosby are clearly stupid. Crosby has 2 conn smythe and won 3 cups for the franchise. Price has won exactly nothing. There's no comparison between the two players, and as such there's no comparison between people who "hate" on Crosby and people who "hate" on Price. Silly of you to even bring this up.
You ragged on Price when he was having an MVP season... So did the usual gang of bashers. And the same thing happened with PK Subban.

When a team tanks its normal for the club's best player to take heat. But that's not what's happening here. You've hated the guy for a long time and he's made you look foolish for it for years. Now he's struggling and you couldn't be happier. It's always the same guys bashing the same players.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You ragged on Price when he was having an MVP season... So did the usual gang of bashers. And the same thing happened with PK Subban.

That's completely wrong. I wasn't bashing Price when he was having a MVP season.

Also, the only time I ever critiqued Subban was when he deserved it ie that month of December before he got traded when he scored zero goals, and was producing very little, and wasn't playing very well and in the meantime he was caring a heck of a lot about what he was going to wear at the winter classic and designing his new skates, and his brand. He deserved the criticism because he was clearly unfocused and not applying himself. But you know what, that's ONE month.. ONE month out of Subban's entire career here. I wish Price had sucked for only one month in his career. I would have put aside all of my beefs against him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
One vezina win, one 3rd place vote for vezina. That's price's career. Is that adequate considering he was behind the highest paid D in the league for years ? I've already decided, you make your own decision.

You keep saying highest paid D. Subban’s contract kicked in during a year very few teams had players with a $9 million cap hit yet, and Gonchar, Gilbert, Emelin were all overpaid as well. That D was a lot better then the crap we have now, but don’t get carried away with this “highest paid D” garbage. The Dallas Stars had the highest paid goalie tandem for years while getting below average goaltending. But by this logic, they had the best goaltending in the league.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Seriously man, you have a problem...you are fixated on Price, and you have given new meaning to the word fanatic....he must have eaten your sandwich or something....he is our best player, and you don't seem to be able to deal with it...

Just wow....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's completely wrong. I wasn't bashing Price when he was having a MVP season.
You bash him and downplay him whenever you can. This is nothing new. At least be honest about it.

The guy has been the most consistent goalie in the league for a long time now and yet you trash him whenever you can. You've waited about seven years to come here now and scream: "SEE GUYS!!! I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! HE SUCKSSS!!!!!!111!!!!"
Also, the only time I ever critiqued Subban was when he deserved it ie that month of December before he got traded when he scored zero goals, and was producing very little, and wasn't playing very well and in the meantime he was caring a heck of a lot about what he was going to wear at the winter classic and designing his new skates, and his brand. He deserved the criticism because he was clearly unfocused and not applying himself. But you know what, that's ONE month.. ONE month out of Subban's entire career here. I wish Price had sucked for only one month in his career. I would have put aside all of my beefs against him.
I never said you bashed Subban, I said others did. They posted about Subban the same way you post about Price. And that never made any sense either.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You keep saying highest paid D. Subban’s contract kicked in during a year very few teams had players with a $9 million cap hit yet, and Gonchar, Gilbert, Emelin were all overpaid as well. That D was a lot better then the crap we have now, but don’t get carried away with this “highest paid D” garbage. The Dallas Stars had the highest paid goalie tandem for years while getting below average goaltending. But by this logic, they had the best goaltending in the league.

Good point, but Markov-Subban-Emelin was solid. At some point Petry joined in mid season too. During those years Plekanec was really solid as a defensive center as well. The year Weber joined we had a really solid D defensively as well. Price has always been sheltered defensively regardless of what people who hated Therrien (not without reason) said.

Reactions: bluetib

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Seriously man, you have a problem...you are fixated on Price, and you have given new meaning to the word fanatic....he must have eaten your sandwich or something....he is our best player, and you don't seem to be able to deal with it...

Just wow....

You clearly have a hard time facing contradictory opinions to your own on this subject. It seems to really affect you. Maybe put me on ignore or something if you can't handle it. Just trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->