Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Price contract is the biggest minus in my Bergy's book and even there I can understand it was a no choice move...

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I Really don't like the decision here. It's like best case for Price is that he looks like old Carey but that's just bad news for us in terms of the draft. If Price looks bad it helps us tank but looks worse for him and the team... should've just sat out for the rest of the season and tried to rebound next year. I think he can bounce back but man I don't like the idea of him coming back this season.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I Really don't like the decision here. It's like best case for Price is that he looks like old Carey but that's just bad news for us in terms of the draft. If Price looks bad it helps us tank but looks worse for him and the team... should've just sat out for the rest of the season and tried to rebound next year. I think he can bounce back but man I don't like the idea of him coming back this season.

Julien sounded pretty defensive when questioned with his return. Said he feels it’s sending the wrong message to the team to sit an athlete like Price 100% healthy and ready to compete. Either way, from a fan standpoint it’s a losing situation. If he plays well, he’s wrecking the tank and if he gets lit up, people will be all over him. Either way, I don’t think he really cares.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Julien sounded pretty defensive when questioned with his return. Said he feels it’s sending the wrong message to the team to sit an athlete like Price 100% healthy and ready to compete. Either way, from a fan standpoint it’s a losing situation. If he plays well, he’s wrecking the tank and if he gets lit up, people will be all over him. Either way, I don’t think he really cares.
You know what a mess your organization is when its all but agreed your best player and mvp should just go start his summer.......in March! For that to be even considered, the teams games have to be completely inconsequential in the NHL picture. Normally it would be absolutely ridiculous to even consider telling an elite player "dont worry about it, see ya next season"

But MB has created an organization and atmosphere where that is being considered the smart way to go. :thumbu: Good job. This must be the" vision" he and his entourage have been referring to lo these many years.:laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Typical of Montreal these days.....another lose / lose situation.

Last edited:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Coming back when he's healthy doesn't show "true leadership", it's not optional. It's his job. You play when you're healthy, it's that simple. You don't get to sit out the rest of the season because the team sucks.

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Real leadership? It's an assinine decision.

Since it is Price who asked to play, the only two reasons I can see why is either he's misguided or wants to show he's still got it because he wants to be traded.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Price has been the tank commander! Whatchu talking bout! Niemi's numbers have been way better. Neimi is definitely not the better goalie but he has been giving us a chance to win most games, and that is not acceptable. Price with Lindgren as his deputy tank commander have been brilliant in finding way's to loose.

God knows price will come in and play lights out the rest of the year though. Don't do it Price.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Real leadership? It's an assinine decision.

Since it is Price who asked to play, the only two reasons I can see why is either he's misguided or wants to show he's still got it because he wants to be traded.
Or he's a professional athlete and wants to play hockey. The players don't want to lose.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
The F***?!!!???!!? True leadership?? He's being paid 10 million a year and he's coming back to do his job?

After taking half the year off for illness already? I can't even believe this article. This isn't amateur hour you can't just not come back because you don't feel like it. He's a professional athlete.

Whoever wrote this is a true moron.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Next time I get the flu, I will demand an appreciation of my leadership when I come back to work again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad