Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Nets, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The truck with seats on the glass is not pleased.

Nice win. Holtby with some nice saves as well.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Is this system nonsense gonna be the playoff theme?��

Hopefully. It would trigger some major cognitive dissonance if he gets outplayed in the 1st or 2nd round for the 5th year in a row.

Caps don't beat the Mighty Isles with the lowly Philip Grubauer though. No way.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ok. Well I don't think the caps fall off much with grubby as G1. And if we could get a top tier player for him I would still do it.

But I get it, every one loves Holtby

But things may change a lot next year when the defense isn't as strong

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Interesting minutes breakdown. Ov is 5th among forwards. Vrana Eller Connolly are the 4th line. Played under 10 minutes. Beagle Winnik Wilson playing 15-16 minutes

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
what's up with this system thing?

saw just the 3rd and the period was awesome, intense. almost like playoffs. good thing that the division is strong, it will make us better

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
what's up with this system thing?

saw just the 3rd and the period was awesome, intense. almost like playoffs. good thing that the division is strong, it will make us better

People love Holtby so the idea that he isn't irreplaceable and having Grubauer take over after this season while using return/Cap savings to improve the team elsewhere (as Alzner/Kuznetsov/Oshie will all need raises) is seen as a personal insult and needs to be savaged accordingly.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I agree. The system really stood out tonight. I'd probably have the 3 stars of the night like this.

*The System
**The System
***The System

keep-calm-and-trust-the-system-6.png

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok. Well I don't think the caps fall off much with grubby as G1. And if we could get a top tier player for him I would still do it.

But I get it, every one loves Holtby

But things may change a lot next year when the defense isn't as strong

Have we seen Grubauer v playoff teams?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
People love Holtby so the idea that he isn't irreplaceable and having Grubauer take over after this season while using return/Cap savings to improve the team elsewhere (as Alzner/Kuznetsov/Oshie will all need raises) is seen as a personal insult and needs to be savaged accordingly.

We enjoy having a $6M Vezina-quality goaltender who has literally the best stats of all time in the playoffs over a talented but unproven backup. See the team that we faced tonight? They and at least half the NHL would kill to have a goalie like Holtby.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
We enjoy having a $6M Vezina-quality goaltender who has literally the best stats of all time in the playoffs over a talented but unproven backup. See the team that we faced tonight? They and at least half the NHL would kill to have a goalie like Holtby.

Exactly, and we need to use that against them. Have a team like the Islanders with a crappy system overpay for him and end up totally screwed.

The team we faced tonight would kill to have a lot of things, such as Not Andrew Ladd making 5.5 million until eternity. Holy **** did Snow ruin them :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00