Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Nets, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
is it just me or is there more focus on the highest forward dropping to the middle of the ice between the d-men? not just defensively for getting back, but also seemingly for passing options for the d-men

Yep, I've seen at least 5 or 6 guys do it. Seems to work well since the Isles collapse a lot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yep, I've seen at least 5 or 6 guys do it. Seems to work well since the Isles collapse a lot.

right. the caps offense had been so predictable you could set your watch by the puck movement between the two defensemen, and other teams were pressuring the puck pretty easily because of it. that forward dropping back is looking to create a passing lane to relieve that pressure

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
ANOTHER SYSTEM SAVE!!

a

He lets in plenty of unscreened shots from the top of the circles like the Isles 1st goal and Kessel torching him in the playoffs last year. So yeah, good goalie but system goalie.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He lets in plenty of unscreened shots from the top of the circles like the Isles 1st goal and Kessel torching him in the playoffs last year. So yeah, good goalie but system goalie.

The Kessel goal was through a screen, and Kessel has one of the best shots in the game.
The Nelson goal, give time and space to any good NHL player like Nelson and you get a goal. System goalie :shakehead

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

yeah he's terrible. they actually gave him a Vezin0 trophy and he didn't notice the difference

nice system save off the chest protector!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I want to hear the crowd get into it after that save.

SY-STEM!
SY-STEM!
SY-STEM!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I have some work to do to reclaim my "most ridiculed poster in Caps HF" title

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA

Just stop.

Even if your whole point about Holtby is he's just a decent system goalie - well - Holts is the best player in the Caps "system" ...... and you keep your best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad