Post-Game Talk: Capitals 2, Oilers 1 (SO)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers on pace for 182 goals this season, which will be the lowest in franchise history, lol (for a full season). Good going Chia.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I still wonder if when he ripped Leon and Connor very early in the season if that is what really set this team back. That should've been done in private IMO that was too MacT-esque for my liking.
I honestly haven't appreciated or been impressed by any comments T-Mac has made about his club.
Once in a while MacT used to come out with something that made you think at least.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Good thing a Caps fan stopped by to tell us what we should and shouldn't be posting about.

I grew up the biggest Oiler fan in the world, they are my Western team since 1979. I am an Ovechkin fan, not a Caps fan.

And I have been posting in THIS forum for eight years.

Reactions: harpoon

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Well I ended up sacrificing the night and thus in practise the whole next day for the Oilers and Pulju. One point is still better than nothing and I think Pulju had a solid game which should keep him in the roster so it could've been worse. Now finally to bed, have a great evening/night/day everyone :)

Reactions: harpoon

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Oilers on pace for 182 goals this season, which will be the lowest in franchise history, lol (for a full season). Good going Chia.

Good thing a teams goals for aren't decided by the pace after the first 17 games

The Oilers have a poor pp% and the least amount of powerplays in the league so far, really hurting the offensive numbers. Also the whole NHL cutting downs on slashes and hooking is bullshit from what I've seen so far this season

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I honestly haven't appreciated or been impressed by any comments T-Mac has made about his club.
Once in a while MacT used to come out with something that made you think at least.

Drew is a mouthpiece for Todd and he pretty much said that it's all on the players and that the PK system won't be changing. Yeah.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
20 game season now, dam I missed the off season change.
Leafs made the playoffs last year and are on pace again this year.

We made it last year and are on pace not to.

I don't see your point.

Leafs have allowed 63 goals against we have allowed 52. They are a much better team this year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well I ended up sacrificing the night and thus in practise the whole next day for the Oilers and Pulju. One point is still better than nothing and I think Pulju had a solid game which should keep him in the roster so it could've been worse. Now finally to bed, have a great evening/night/day everyone :)

Jesse played a physical game. Not as much offense but that was the nature of the game. Good follow up to yesterdays game.

Reactions: GameChanger

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Leafs suck is my point. If you dont think so, cheer for them, since you think the Oilers wont make the playoffs.

Pretty simple really.
Okay you think they are allowing all these more goals.

They have allowed 11 more goals than we have and scored over 30 more than we have.

But wait, if I think a team is better than the Oilers I have to go cheer for them instead? What a joke.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Leafs suck is my point. If you dont think so, cheer for them, since you think the Oilers wont make the playoffs.

Pretty simple really.

I don't have to think they "suck" or cheer for them. Just highlighting how one rebuild has gone in one direction and this one in a stark other direction.

We're supposed to be some fancy pants young razzle dazzle team. We're not even close right now.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Okay you think they are allowing all these more goals.

They have allowed 11 more goals than we have and scored over 30 more than we have.

But wait, if I think a team is better than the Oilers I have to go cheer for them instead? What a joke.

Who cares, like I said the leafs suck.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I grew up the biggest Oiler fan in the world, they are my Western team since 1979. I am an Ovechkin fan, not a Caps fan.

And I have been posting in THIS forum for eight years.
Ok my mistake, I haven't seen you around here. Sorry.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I still wonder if when he ripped Leon and Connor very early in the season if that is what really set this team back. That should've been done in private IMO that was too MacT-esque for my liking.
I have never seen Tmac take blame for a loss even when he has been a culprit on a few occasions . Examples last year playoffs lets Getzlaf line start OT in our barn after he was beasting all night and the MVP on bench watching him score ... there was no excuse for that piss poor coaching. Another Example how he refused to call timeouts when Ducks came storming back and of course his lover on for all 3 goals to tie it up. He sure seems to call out players though.

Reactions: Del Preston

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I don't have to think they "suck" or cheer for them. Just highlighting how one rebuild has gone in one direction and this one in a stark other direction.

We're supposed to be some fancy pants young razzle dazzle team. We're not even close right now.

We werent last year either, and razzle dazzle doesnt win in the playoffs. Never has, never will.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00