Post-Game Talk: Capitals 2, Oilers 1 (SO)

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Must be nice to have the refs in your back pocket. Tim Peel should be fined heavily for that shit. Where is the officiating accountability? Still, would be nice if we could score more than once. Will we still make the playoffs UlyssesJoyce?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
SOs are the worst...seriously NHL....turf these sideshows
refs were awful
5 straight games without a goal from the topline 5-on-5...five...unacceptable
Oilers go 2-1-1 on a very tough roadtrip..I'll take it

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Everyone on this board though we would be 1-3 if we were lucky on this trip and we finished 2-1-1, 5 out of 8 points.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It amazes me to no end of how incompetent the NHL and the officials are. How they don't call a slash as McDavid's on a breakway in OT, but call a weak one on Nuge just shows it. Nice ****ing dive as well, Holtby.

Yeah, that was BS in OT. I can see why the bench was irate but that was interference on Holtby even if he sold it, no doubt about it.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Capitals didn't deserve one point, let alone two.

Absolute atrocious officiating in combination with some bad luck and bingo bango we walk out with a loser point.

Bright side: finishing the road trip 2-1-1 isn't anything to sneeze at. Lots of good on this road trip (with some bad). IF we can keep this effort up this week, we might be at or over .500.

The only real tough team we play is St. Louis.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Good effort on a back to back.

Refs should actually [mod]and Maroon was so snakebitten it wasn`t even funny. Otherwise we win in regulation

Echoing what SourOil said, I`d be ok with this if our record wast garbage

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
****ing ridiculous. Hopefully the team takes the anger from this loss from the refs and applies it to the ice going forward.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Oilers 34 regulation goals Stamkos 31 points . I swear since we drafted McDavid I have seen maybe 4 reviewed goals get called in favor for the Oilers and they were so concrete you could not go the other way from Toronto and about minimum 20 against even when the evidence shows otherwise. Very Curious to know who makes up the review team and what city they're all from.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oh another wtf moment Strome got multiple touches of the ice while JP got none and he was the best winger this game.

Mclellan is not a good coach. I can go down the laundry list of curious decisions that he has made the last few years but I don't have time since I have to get to sleep in 3 hours.

Reactions: dss97

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Blame whomever you like.

The problem is this team cannot score

We are dead last in scoring

Blame the refs as much as you like

This team can't score

Although, its true that the team lacks in scoring rn, you seriously can't discredit the officials in this game. Holtby diving like an Olympian gets the goal taken away, but Talbot getting his pads held down by Kesler was a good goal? Then McDavid getting slashed on a breakway without a call just shows the officials only blow their whistles whey they feel like it.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Letestu!? That's who we're going with? Yup, awesome.
He was cold too. Hardly played at all (did he even have a shift?) in the third.
Lowest TOI on the team tonight. 6:16 as opposed to 6:32 for Malone.
How do you then throw him out in the shootout? Inexplicable decision.
There's about five guys to go with over Letestu.

Reactions: SourOil

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
It's too depressing for me to check the standings. How many points are we out of a playoff spot? And I'm not even being cheeky, it seriously pains me to look.

Reactions: Deegee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad