Post-Game Talk: Capitals 2, Oilers 1 (SO)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Oh another wtf moment Strome got multiple touches of the ice while JP got none and he was the best winger this game.

meh.

jp is still a little tentative

strome isn't that bad from what i see. sure he does absolutely nothing but he seems to make smart plays and does some good stuff defensively.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Mclellan is not a good coach. I can go down the laundry list of curious decisions that he has made the last few years but I don't have time since I have to get to sleep in 3 hours.
I agree fully. Todd is not the coach to push us over the top. He is an average coach who takes talent and stifles them.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
It's too depressing for me to check the standings. How many points are we out of a playoff spot? And I'm not even being cheeky, it seriously pains me to look.
Tonight likely didn't hurt our chances but we need a win streak at home to stay relevant for much longer.

Next week is big

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Letestu on the shootout, lol. I just don't what to say.

I will say this game was a cure for insomnia. A game in which even the 3 on 3 segment had only one SOG.

Caps to me just aren't any good. Should be able to beat this club. That said I've never thought much of the Capitals.

Rangers were more of a test.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I normally hate making officiating a statement and normally say our powerplay is brutal but come one. Fans will say that "well our pp is bad its not worth having in" but to me it ruins games letting it go then randomly calling it. This so called cracking down on slashing has yet to happen. I'm consistently seeing one to two calls against us for nonsense then everything let go.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Oh yeah by the way, the shootout is Pejorative Slured, NHL, pls get rid of that along with half the league's refs and the Arizona Coyotes franchise

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It can still be a good night if Anaheim can be left without a point, but that's still TBD

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
also...i dont understand all the doom and gloom about being bad in november.....

in years past....yes of course.....but assuming this team improves....i mean even if they didn't improve im not sure i would totally bet against them not sweeping a few series from some of the teams in this divij.

its a trash divij.

Get sekbeauty back.
Get the powerplay going.
Cut off a referees pinkie finger
and i think they can still make things interesting.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
At least there were a couple of positives to take out of this road trip. Pulju is playing with confidence for the first time in his NHL career, he's flying out there and creating fits for the defense, that whole line looks really good IMO. If (big if) Khaira can build on this, he would be a big boost to the bottom 6 and Nurse was pretty awesome this entire road trip. He doesn't display much instinct in the offensive zone but he has been a wall defensively, really impressed with his positioning and stickwork.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Letestu was once decent in the shootout but after making the same move 10 times in a row, the goalies know what hes going to do. I dont think hes scored in like his last 5. (off the top of my head)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad