Post-Game Talk: Capitals 2, Oilers 1 (SO)

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Letestu!? That's who we're going with? Yup, awesome.

I don't know how good the other choices are but there's no better options they should consider JP. This clip contains a good try though he hit the post. Jesse's try is at 30 seconds. The try I saw before this eneded into the net, but I didn't find the video.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
What's his % on his last 10 attempts because he has that one move

Probably better than most on the teams%

Speculating is not gonna win this argument

Letestu is one of the best shots on the team. As I said, this was covered last year when TM did this and we lost. But then Letestu next time scored and nobody said ****

The only argument is people want to see their fave player in that situation when it doesn't work out. McD missed the net. He sucks in the SO. It was a poorer decision to put him out there

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Finally a little push in this game, but they still have a long way to go to do much of anything. Could have really used the 2 points tonight.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
It's too depressing for me to check the standings. How many points are we out of a playoff spot? And I'm not even being cheeky, it seriously pains me to look.

Four.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The only reason that game wasnt a win was due to the officiating. I rarely bitch about the calls in a game but the call on that (legit) goal was pure garbage.

So all and all the team played 4 games on the road and got 5 points. I suspect that some posters will b*tch and whine about it but the reality is that was a solid road trip.

Now they need to make some hay at home.

Reactions: McAsuno

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
We will hang our heads pretty high with 5 out of 8 points on the trip. The road hasnt been our problem, but home, and yes we started really bad at hoe last year to.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Leafs - 72 Goals For
Oilers - 38 Goals For

Inching closer to being full on double.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The only reason that game wasnt a win was due to the officiating. I rarely ***** about the calls in a game but the call on that (legit) goal was pure garbage.

So all and all the team played 4 games on the road and got 5 points. I suspect that some posters will b*tch and whine about it but the reality is that was a solid road trip.

Now they need to make some hay at home.

Agreed. Then Nuge gets a penalty for the exact same thing Orlov just did on McDavid. Only difference is that McDavid was on a breakaway, so how do the officials not even call that? It amazes me that the fastest player in the league doesn't get at least one call every game based on how often he gets tripped, interfered, or hauled down.

Reactions: McNuge

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This team isn't even exciting bad. They're boring bad.
Heard this comment tonight. Pretty accurate imo.
Even if you set aside all of Chiarelli's blundering, no way this roster should be this boring to watch.
Something wrong behind the bench.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Oh and has Larsson played a single shift in an OT this year. Trying to win the game with f***ing Russel out there with Mcdavid and Drai just stupidity.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed. Then Nuge gets a penalty for the exact same thing Orlov just did on McDavid. Only difference is that McDavid was on a breakaway, so how do the officials not even call that? It amazes me that the fastest player in the league doesn't get at least one call every game based on how often he gets tripped, interfered, or hauled down.

I agree...that was pure BS as well. Its the inconsistency thats so damn frustrating.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I usually don't complement Lucic so I just wanna say I thought he played a sound game tonight, not much in the way of mistakes and was often involved in the play and had a positive effect and played a heavy game.

Klef still hasn't played anywhere close to his peak of last year, but this was a solid bounce back to build off of after a downright terrible performance the day before.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Blame whomever you like.

The problem is this team cannot score

We are dead last in scoring

Blame the refs as much as you like

This team can't score

This sums it up perfectly. Especially the top line at even strength.

Any other talk just comes across as whiny.

I do think they look like they are ready to break out though, so there is that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Something wrong behind the bench.

I still wonder if when he ripped Leon and Connor very early in the season if that is what really set this team back. That should've been done in private IMO that was too MacT-esque for my liking.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I agree...that was pure BS as well. Its the inconsistency thats so damn frustrating.

I loved how the officials called a crap load of penalties during the preseason. Now they reverted back to their same old BS where they choose to dictate when to blow their whistle.
Seeing Holtby dive that negated a goal for us, but yet remembering Kesler holding down Talbot pads was a good goal still infuriates me. The NHL is just full out incompetent. It was nice to see Todd give the officials a piece of his mind after OT ended. Retire already, Tim Peel.

Reactions: guymez

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Must be nice to have the refs in your back pocket. Tim Peel should be fined heavily for that ****. Where is the officiating accountability? Still, would be nice if we could score more than once. Will we still make the playoffs UlyssesJoyce?

Fined by Who? It's the NHL head office who is telling the refs who yo give the advantage to.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This sums it up perfectly. Especially the top line at even strength.

Any other talk just comes across as whiny.

I do think they look like they are ready to break out though, so there is that.
Good thing a Caps fan stopped by to tell us what we should and shouldn't be posting about.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
LOL...posters now b*tching about the team being too boring. It just never freaking ends. :help:
LOL posters trying to start trouble by labeling one or two legit posts as 'bitching'.
And circumventing profanity filter by using asterisk. Grow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: