Post-Game Talk: Capitals 2, Oilers 1 (SO)

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Jesse played a physical game. Not as much offense but that was the nature of the game. Good follow up to yesterdays game.

Sure I would've liked a goal or even an assist e.g. from the goal that wasn't accepted, but I think all in all he looked clearly better than many players so he should definitely stay in the roster and hopefully start getting some powerplay and 3-on-3 time at some point.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Okay you think they are allowing all these more goals.

They have allowed 11 more goals than we have and scored over 30 more than we have.

But wait, if I think a team is better than the Oilers I have to go cheer for them instead? What a joke.

no he's right....f*** the leafs

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Caps seemed to have come into this game knowing already they could do anything and not get a penalty. Maybe just an educated guess after we got no penalties against them in Edmonton. Or maybe some lobbying was at play. Either way, NHL continues to be bush league.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This team is scoring less than the Dallas Eakins era Oilers. Let that sink in.

eakins-common332.png

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
What gets me is, how does the team look so dominant / skilled in OT, but then that goes away entirely during 5v5. Makes me think it's a coaching issue as to why our offense is completely dry.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
won a game they should have lost against NYI.
won a game that could have gone either way against Jersey.
lost a game may have deserved against the Rangers.
lost a game they probably deserved against the Caps.

That's my summary. I don't know if I should be upset with them or pity their inability to finish. They couldn't bury a scoring chance if it came up and slapped them in the face.

Though anyone saying this game was exciting is on crack. That was one of the lamest games I've seen played this year.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Still we were the better team imo.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I grew up the biggest Oiler fan in the world, they are my Western team since 1979. I am an Ovechkin fan, not a Caps fan.

And I have been posting in THIS forum for eight years.
Don't worry man its all good.
A bunch of fans on this site thought we were going to the Stanley Cup this year.
They are having a little trouble coming to grips with reality.
This results in attacking/labeling anyone who ventures a dissenting word.
Tough times here on hfoil.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Don't need your over reaction and profane labeling of posts you disagree with either.
Cheers.

Pot meet kettle.
Sometimes you come across exactly like you are just scanning for something to overreact to and a poster to pick a fight with.

Not interested.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LOL...posters now b*tching about the team being too boring. It just never freaking ends. :help:
I said the game was boring and it was.

Even the 3 on 3 involved one SOG. Not because it was tight, because neither team was competent enough today to put anything significant together other than chopping the puck to bits. There was barely any offense in this entire game, and then letestu comes out in the shootout, lol.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sure I would've liked a goal or even an assist e.g. from the goal that wasn't accepted, but I think all in all he looked clearly better than many players so he should definitely stay in the roster and hopefully start getting some powerplay and 3-on-3 time at some point.

First we need to get PP's to get him on the PP :) That said we need t get him on the PP ASAP because he has been showing well for us.

Caps seemed to have come into this game knowing already they could do anything and not get a penalty. Maybe just an educated guess after we got no penalties against them in Edmonton. Or maybe some lobbying was at play. Either way, NHL continues to be bush league.

We didn't get a PP against them when they were in Edmonton either? If so holy crap.

Ahh..

We don't score more than the leafs cause scoring goals is over rated. Wins don't get you the cup, either does goals. All that counts is playing hard and being called good

I think that some people just don't like hearing about other teams that they don't like doing better than us. Personally I don't gaf about what the Leafs do, I only care about what our team will do to get out of this funk that they're in.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pot meet kettle.
Sometimes you come across exactly like you are just scanning for something to overreact to and a poster to pick a fight with.

Not interested.

Although you were interested in picking a fight with your earlier comments. Which is it?

You wanna just do drivebys here and not be called on it?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What gets me is, how does the team look so dominant / skilled in OT, but then that goes away entirely during 5v5. Makes me think it's a coaching issue as to why our offense is completely dry.

This team is built to win 2-1 or 3-2 games on many nights, just like last year. Tight defensive low event team.

We seen it all last year. Do we need a little more production from a few players, absolutley, and it should come, should be more even after 40 games. Is it coaching? Yup its the game we play, why we won a round last year instead of getting tooled in the first round.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I beginning to feel like Todd has lost the room and is playing McDavid/Draisaitl into the ground because he doesn't know what else to do.

Don't know how they aren't completely gassed after that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This team is built to win 2-1 or 3-2 games on many nights, just like last year. Tight defensive low event team.

We seen it all last year. Do we need a little more production from a few players, absolutley, and it should come, should be more even after 40 games. Is it coaching? Yup its the game we play, why we won a round last year instead of getting tooled in the first round.

That D is nowhere near good enough to hold most NHL opponents to just 1-2 goals. That's the reality. They ain't shutting down shit. This is not some Daryl Sutter team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think that some people just don't like hearing about other teams that they don't like doing better than us. Personally I don't gaf about what the Leafs do, I only care about what our team will do to get out of this funk that they're in.
Fair.
It was a fair comment though showing how the top offensive teams have almost double our goal total 17 games in.

That and people telling me and others to go away because we are using another team as an example is kind of ridiculous

Reactions: Drivesaitl

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Pot meet kettle.

Not interested.
You've picked a fight with me twice in the past week.
Last time I was nice about it even though you blatantly misrepresented what I had posted.
Don't expect to call my posts 'bitching' and have me not reply.
You always say you're 'not interested' but there you are, keeping right on with the conversation.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This team is scoring less than the Dallas Eakins era Oilers. Let that sink in.

eakins-common332.png

38 goals in 17GP. 3 of those goals are 3 on 3 OT. So that we have only 35 goals scored in 17GP and we have Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Let that sink in a bit.

This continues to be a an org clown show.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
No more scapegoating players. If Klefbom isn't good or the bottom-6 isn't good the real question should be "why is there not better replacements or better options". Scapegoating got this fanbase to turn on guys like Hall, Eberle, Schultz, Dubnyk, Petry, and other players who went onto success elsewhere. You cannot win in today's NHL without depth.

The Oilers need about 2-3 more quality forwards to get back to playoff caliber, and that is without the hole they've dug themselves.

The Oilers didn't have a world beating team last season and they were still coached into the playoffs. The coach has a history of success and brings credibility and consistency. Firing the coach just adds drama and lets the players know they won't be held accountable. Changing coaches won't save this mess. Maybe a better coach gets an extra win. Doubtful there is even a better coach elsewhere.

This is on Chiarelli. He need to take some responsibility, find some players, and take the heat off the team till they can sort this out. Even if they can't make the playoffs, he need to show that there will be progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00